Geohaghon signs for Dag & Red.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Geohaghon signs for Dag & Red.

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm

http://www.daggers.co.uk/page/NewsDetai ... 49,00.html

Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of Exodus Geohaghon from Darlington FC on a three month loan.

The 26-year old central defender started his career with West Bromwich Albion before dropping into semi-professional football with Sutton Coldfield Town. He worked his way back up the pyramid, and after making a name for himself at Kettering Town where he played 63 games, he linked up with former Poppies boss Mark Cooper at Peterborough United.

He played 19 games for the Posh, scoring once in a 2-1 win over Watford before a change of manager sent him down the pecking order at London Road. He has since had loan spells at Rotherham, Shrewsbury and Port Vale.

Having left Peterborough at the end of last season he joined Barnet on a short-term contract and played four times for the Bees. His next move was to Blue Square Bet Premier League Darlington where he was able to once again join up with Mark Cooper but when he departed, Geohaghon became available for loan.

John Still jumped at the chance to grab his man, "With Mark [Arber] being out we had to bring someone in at the back.

"Exodus has played in the Championship so we know he's a player who can come in and do a job.

"When he was at Kettering we looked at him but he went off to Peterborough, who were in the Championship then, and played about 15 games in his first season there.

"He's a player who isn't old but brings experience.

"Exodus is just part of the plan to rejig the squad slightly; there may be one or two others coming in that we feel we need to bring in."

Exodus becomes the first player to move between the two clubs since 2006 when Tresor Kandol returned to the Daggers following a loan spell with the Quakers.

He will wear squad number 18
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyPark

Re: Geohaghon signs for Dag & Red.

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Good! I hope he has a s*** time is hated by their fans. The prick.

quaker_olly

Post by quaker_olly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Not looked on here in depth, but I take it by that Andy that it was definatley him singing after Hinckley?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm

quaker_olly wrote:Not looked on here in depth, but I take it by that Andy that it was definatley him singing after Hinckley?
Yes it was him. It's no secret.

quaker_olly

Post by quaker_olly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Clearly, how did everyone find out like? Remember getting a text in Manchester en route to the Stockport game saying we'd signed him, we were chuffed. Take it all back, mug!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:11 pm

quaker_olly wrote:Clearly, how did everyone find out like? Remember getting a text in Manchester en route to the Stockport game saying we'd signed him, we were chuffed. Take it all back, mug!
Don't know how everyone found out. I was chuffed with us signing him too. He's a good player no getting away from that but he just had to go after what he'd done. Looking on the positive side he would have been earning a bit and Munoz, Quinn, Lee & Miller provides adequate cover.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:18 pm

I thought he was a bloody good player but he had to go after what happened. You just can't go on like that and live to fight another day.

Imagine how Raj Singh must have felt that night? You're putting good money in to see a shambles of a team get turned over by teams who couldn't afford one of our players, week in week out, and one of the players mocks you by singing "pay me up Mr Chairman"

Perhaps words were said regarding the performance and the financial implications by Raj, but there would still be no justification for that response.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
quaker_olly wrote:Not looked on here in depth, but I take it by that Andy that it was definatley him singing after Hinckley?
You'll find it wasn't confirmed WHO said that. Therefore you'll find that it does remain a secret.
Why get clever for? Every knows it was him so really it is no secret that everyone knows who it was.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
You'll find it wasn't confirmed WHO said that. Therefore you'll find that it does remain a secret.
It wasn't confirmed officially, but we all know.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 pm

To be fair, I think none of us would be very impressed if, less than a month after starting a new job at the other end of the country, the new boss demanded that we take a pay cut or leave, especially given that we would not be allowed to start a new job in the same industry for another nine months...

Assuming of course, that Geohaghon was asked to take a pay cut...

Jonny85

Post by Jonny85 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 am

Quakerz wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
It wasn't confirmed officially, but we all know.
How??

shadwellman

Post by shadwellman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks for the memories;but disgusted with the lack of professionalism off the pitch

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:12 pm

shadwellman wrote:Thanks for the memories;but disgusted with the lack of professionalism off the pitch
What memories exactly?

shadwellman

Post by shadwellman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

His first game was not too bad.Moreover, he was declared man of the match.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Hilly wrote:
shadwellman wrote:Thanks for the memories;but disgusted with the lack of professionalism off the pitch
What memories exactly?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:59 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:
Hilly wrote:
What memories exactly?
And my 'mongs' comment was unacceptable.......

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:31 pm

My Dad had alzheimers, I hope its not hereditary because my Dad had alzheimers. :shh:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:28 pm

And this is a footie forum?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:58 pm

I used to have Alzheimers, but I can't remember what it's like. :roll:

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:19 pm

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. :)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King