The Trust

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

The Trust

Post by divas » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 pm

For all those who think they could be an asset to the Trust please get involved - there have been many names put forward on here who I think could be instrumental in driving the organisation to where it should be. There is a meeting on Thursday where I believe they will be looking to co-opt board members so if you are interested please contact Claire Stone at the supporters trust - darlotrust@gmail.com

I'm willing to put my time and energy into this to try and find a way forward whether that is by saving and becoming part of the existing club or setting up a new club if it comes to it, but others will need to help if we have a chance of making it work.

At the moment it seems that the Trust has withered away to nothing over the past few years which is why we are seeing and hearing very little from them at our hour of need. However this is something we have to accept and move on. The Trust has the £50K raised and is affiliated with supporters direct as well as having a constitution in place, it is pretty much a blank canvas at the moment but crucially with the time consuming set up pretty much done by some very hard work by Trust officials and members at the outset.

I know a lot of people feel let down by the Trust but this is the time to draw a line under everything and have a voice in how YOU want it to be run. If you don't have the time or inclination to join the board then please join as a member so you can have your say. You can still be a valuable voice and if elected I'll make it my mission for as many to be heard as possible.

One of my first proposals should I be co-opted would be to improve communications and to try and help set some clear current goals/objectives as I think it's the only it can prosper.

coppedout

Re: The Trust

Post by coppedout » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Divas what time is the meeting on thursday?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm

divas wrote:For all those who think they could be an asset to the Trust please get involved - there have been many names put forward on here who I think could be instrumental in driving the organisation to where it should be. There is a meeting on Thursday where I believe they will be looking to co-opt board members so if you are interested please contact Claire Stone at the supporters trust - darlotrust@gmail.com

I'm willing to put my time and energy into this to try and find a way forward whether that is by saving and becoming part of the existing club or setting up a new club if it comes to it, but others will need to help if we have a chance of making it work.

At the moment it seems that the Trust has withered away to nothing over the past few years which is why we are seeing and hearing very little from them at our hour of need. However this is something we have to accept and move on. The Trust has the £50K raised and is affiliated with supporters direct as well as having a constitution in place, it is pretty much a blank canvas at the moment but crucially with the time consuming set up pretty much done by some very hard work by Trust officials and members at the outset.

I know a lot of people feel let down by the Trust but this is the time to draw a line under everything and have a voice in how YOU want it to be run. If you don't have the time or inclination to join the board then please join as a member so you can have your say. You can still be a valuable voice and if elected I'll make it my mission for as many to be heard as possible.

One of my first proposals should I be co-opted would be to improve communications and to try and help set some clear current goals/objectives as I think it's the only it can prosper.
Great post. It sums up how I feel. The Trust needs to change, but it's only as good as it's members. It's going to have a vital role to play in the future, particularly if the current club goes bust. I'm going to join as a member, and hopefully some people like divas get elected onto the board. If they can change and update the trust then it will hopefully emerge as a strong organization that will be important to DFC or it's reincarnation. We need to get behind one organization if we have to start again, otherwise we'll go the way of Scarborough. Hopefully the trust can elect the right people to reinvent itself

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:09 am

I joined the trust last week. i received a very helpful email from the Trust who advised me that there was no way an EGM could be arranged in the time available. they also indicated that "we were as surprised as you to read the press statement from the DFCRG late last night (Friday)". I look forward to the meeting on Thursday.

eddierowlesbeard

Post by eddierowlesbeard » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 am

divas wrote:For all those who think they could be an asset to the Trust please get involved - there have been many names put forward on here who I think could be instrumental in driving the organisation to where it should be. There is a meeting on Thursday where I believe they will be looking to co-opt board members so if you are interested please contact Claire Stone at the supporters trust - darlotrust@gmail.com

All fine and dandy but members like me need to know one thing now - is the Trust willing be talk to DFCRG whilst there still may be some hope for the existing club or is it only willing to consider putting efforts into a phoenix club?

princes town

Post by princes town » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:14 pm

i don't disagree. Fair comment. I merely wanted to respond to the accusation that the Trust don't communicate. The communication plan is gash. How can you have a situation where one group is relying on another group for an action when they haven't told the other group about it. the letter was reassuring but worrying at the same time.

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:24 pm

As it stands, unless someone puts me right, ours will possibly be the only Supporters' Trust in history which has not tried to save the current football club. It should be leading from the front. At the very least it should be discussing ALL the options with those trying to save the club and provide a vehicle for fundraising.

* Has it met the rescue group - which incidentally includes Trust founder members? If not, why not nearly two weeks into administration?
* Will it even consider the possibility that the current club can be saved or has it just given up the ghost?
* Has it tried to contact current members (eligible to vote) about options?
* Why has a Trust/public meeting not been held?

It seems to have an obsession with the £50,000 pot. In fact everyone has an obsession with it. But its use now is clearly one of the options available to the Trust, and already agreed on by members in the past. But to put its hands over its ears at the general hum and not engage, it's not the "phoenix" position it's taking but the ostrich's.

It appears the Trust has closed for the duration of the crisis and is just looking at picking up the pieces. There is a serious danger the Trust model will be ridiculed and if we do have to go down the phoenix club route, it will have alienated many of the supporters, me included.

Allan Quatermain

The Trust

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:31 pm

eddierowlesbeard wrote:

All fine and dandy but members like me need to know one thing now - is the Trust willing be talk to DFCRG whilst there still may be some hope for the existing club or is it only willing to consider putting efforts into a phoenix club?
I assume they must be willing but you're right, it would be good to hear it.

From my own time on the Trust Board I think the stated priorities only included supporting a Phoenix club if all efforts to save the club in its current form had failed.

But my memory isn't what it was and I may be mistaken so I'll check my old minutes.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

princes town

Post by princes town » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Divas, you're right. We have to be clear about the mission statement of the Trust.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:02 pm

your right Tony, the phoenix scenario was very much the last option
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:04 pm

DAFTS wrote:As it stands, unless someone puts me right, ours will possibly be the only Supporters' Trust in history which has not tried to save the current football club. It should be leading from the front. At the very least it should be discussing ALL the options with those trying to save the club and provide a vehicle for fundraising.

* Has it met the rescue group - which incidentally includes Trust founder members? If not, why not nearly two weeks into administration?
* Will it even consider the possibility that the current club can be saved or has it just given up the ghost?

It seems to have an obsession with the £50,000 pot. In fact everyone has an obsession with it. But its use now is clearly one of the options available to the Trust, and already agreed on by members in the past. But to put its hands over its ears at the general hum and not engage, it's not the "phoenix" position it's taking but the ostrich's.

It appears the Trust has closed for the duration of the crisis and is just looking at picking up the pieces. There is a serious danger the Trust model will be ridiculed and if we do have to go down the phoenix club route, it will have alienated many of the supporters, me included.
Very well put and it summarises all of the worrying issues very clearly. I think, however the Trust have now created a turning point by their appalling inward approach and lack of proactiveness and community spirit. Many of us are guilty, up to a point, for not questioning this sooner, especially as we have been aware of it for a long time now; in fact probably since day one.

At this most difficult of difficult times, it is extremely heartening to hear regular and knowledgeable contributors on here talk with such reverence about the way forward with The Trust. Whatever happens .... things will never be the same again; and neither should they be!

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:20 pm

I have very recently joined the trust in the hope that i could be part of something that would either heavily contribute in the saving of the current club and help it move forward in a sustainable manner OR be a major player in the creation of a phoenix club with the backing of the fans. However the events of the last week or so have left me extremely disappointed as i feel that they are not trying to save our club and beacuse of this will majorly hinder the creation of a new club if the worst haapens as the majority of the fans will have become disillusioned with them. I obviously don't know the ins and out of the trust's recent politics but what does seem to be clear is that it must move forward with some new people and new ideas. I also feel that, maybe, there could be a youth representative involved in some way at the trust as they would represent a significant amount of our support. Finally i hope the trust can move in a direction where they are involved in the club in some manner with the backing of our support.
Craig Liddle is God!!

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:33 pm

ive spoken to one of the board members, app its a private meeting on thursday, a public meeting is gonna be organised later

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:37 pm

hodgie1 wrote:ive spoken to one of the board members, app its a private meeting on thursday, a public meeting is gonna be organised later
This really is getting more and more like the Peoples Front of Judea every day!! So its taken the trust over 2 weeks since we got into administration to organise a meeting to discuss organising another meeting??????? All well and good but after tomorrow we may not have a club anyway. Thanks a bunch to all the Taylors for being so proactive. :roll:

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:42 pm

hodgie1 wrote:

ive spoken to one of the board members, app its a private meeting on thursday, a public meeting is gonna be organised later
So people are going to be co-opted onto the board at the choice of the current board? Very worrying.

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:44 pm

"Later". As in after the club has wound up?
Has a supporters' trust ever behaved like this, with the imminent threat to its club's existence? It's absolutely staggering.

A very disillusioned life member!

Bizza
Team Supported: Darlo, Newcastle United

Post by Bizza » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:48 pm

The Trust have been nothing but a farce, they should've been organizing meetings back in November when Raj stopped paying players. Absolute joke.
"The Darlo fans away to our left go ballistic!"

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Bizza wrote:The Trust have been nothing but a farce, they should've been organizing meetings back in November when Raj stopped paying players. Absolute joke.
^this^

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:52 pm

And lets not forget that they were considering taking legal action against individuals for defamation? Can understand the anger at the disability e-mail but most of the things said have seemingly got at least a shred of truth to them. Perhaps the Trust should take on board the criticism and man the fuck up.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Quakerz wrote:And lets not forget that they were considering taking legal action against individuals for defamation? Can understand the anger at the disability e-mail but most of the things said have seemingly got at least a shred of truth to them. Perhaps the Trust should take on board the criticism and man the fuck up.
I would not be at all surprised if there were no actual plans in place.

When I made some suggestions about a phoenix club in November, only to get all the abuse I got, at least I researched places to play and sounded a few people out about funding (actually got a positive response from one party). I wonder if the trust have done this too. Only time will tell.

darlo01

Post by darlo01 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Bizza wrote:The Trust have been nothing but a farce, they should've been organizing meetings back in November when Raj stopped paying players. Absolute joke.
Careful Bizza, I called the Trust a joke and a disgrace last week and had the post deleted, presumably by the moderators. Hopefully some of the more sensible posters on here I.e. Divas, loan star etc can change the direction of the trust as at the moment a lot of dfc fans would not follow the trust in setting up a new club if the worst comes to the worst. Worryingly the trust seem to want a private meeting, I hope this is for organisational reasons and not to protect a hidden agenda!

eddierowlesbeard

Post by eddierowlesbeard » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:I assume they must be willing but you're right, it would be good to hear it.

From my own time on the Trust Board I think the stated priorities only included supporting a Phoenix club if all efforts to save the club in its current form had failed.

But my memory isn't what it was and I may be mistaken so I'll check my old minutes.
Not sure there is a real mission statement anymore on the most recent Trust website but there is still this first site from the early days of the Trust.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 pm

hodgie1 wrote: ive spoken to one of the board members, app its a private meeting on thursday, a public meeting is gonna be organised later
That is a disgrace.

Why would the Trust not want a public meeting, especially in the light of all the new members?

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Beano wrote:
hodgie1 wrote: ive spoken to one of the board members, app its a private meeting on thursday, a public meeting is gonna be organised later
That is a disgrace.

Why would the Trust not want a public meeting, especially in the light of all the new members?
I was mailed today to say it's a private meeting to co-opt those who have been contacted. Very disappointed with this as it again looks like they are some kind of closed shop. Surely they should have contacted the member base and asked for people who we're interested in being co-opted and those who were interested should have been invited in Thurs to put their case forward with the best candidates being picked.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:13 pm

AIDO wrote:
DAFTS wrote:As it stands, unless someone puts me right, ours will possibly be the only Supporters' Trust in history which has not tried to save the current football club. It should be leading from the front. At the very least it should be discussing ALL the options with those trying to save the club and provide a vehicle for fundraising.

Very well put and it summarises all of the worrying issues very clearly. I think, however the Trust have now created a turning point by their appalling inward approach and lack of proactiveness and community spirit. Many of us are guilty, up to a point, for not questioning this sooner, especially as we have been aware of it for a long time now; in fact probably since day one.

At this most difficult of difficult times, it is extremely heartening to hear regular and knowledgeable contributors on here talk with such reverence about the way forward with The Trust. Whatever happens .... things will never be the same again; and neither should they be!

....Oh dear ...... seems I was wrong (aido sighs deeply!) .... again

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Considering they are meant to be willing to stand aside they seem to be making it very difficult to give people the chance to replace them!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Any ideas on who has been contacted? Very dissapointed in all of this. Closed shop would seem right.

Bizza
Team Supported: Darlo, Newcastle United

Post by Bizza » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Private meeting? Only allowing those that they have invited onto the board? Farce.

They need to stop acting like the Freemasons if they ever want people to trust in The Trust.
"The Darlo fans away to our left go ballistic!"

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Of course if the current board refuse to open up any Trust member can call a general meeting to vote off the current board and nominate replacements.

All that's needed is 20 trust members or 10% of trust members, whichever is greater.

Lets see who is appointed on Thursday and if we aren't happy then this is an action we should consider.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Does anyone know the names of the current board as it stands and who is 'running' things since TT stepped down? I don't think this has ever been established.