A pleasing change of attitude at the club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

A pleasing change of attitude at the club

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:21 am

What a welcome change to hear on Alpha radio this morning that the club were delighted that around 2000 home fans turned up for Thursday's game against Sunderland and they hoped for a similar number for today's game against Newcastle. Now if Houghton was still in charge at the club, he'd be saying via the club how disappointed he was at the turn out of Darlington fans and he needed more fans to turn up to keep the club going.
I'm sure people will be more receptive to Raj Singh and what he's trying to do for the club, if people are thanked for their support, rather than being criticised for not turning up in sufficient numbers. Off to the game now with all of my family.

Darlo456

Re: A pleasing change of attitude at the club

Post by Darlo456 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:28 am

I agree - good to hear - let's hope this positive attitude continues.

Might also have something to do with Raj having a business plan based on sensible attendances where he's not reliant on crowds of 5-6,000 to keep the club afloat. GH spent his time berating fans cos he quickly came to realise his business model for the club was comepletely flawed and the finances were eroding away under his feet!!

BishopQuaker

Re: A pleasing change of attitude at the club

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:45 am

Certainly good to see the club being positive about things.

Maybe they've realised with the fan you get a better reaction with carrot than you do with stick.