Colin Todd on Sky Sports News

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

StanWebbsGhost
Team Supported: Darlington

Colin Todd on Sky Sports News

Post by StanWebbsGhost » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:45 am

Was quite a lengthy interview and he came across well. I hope the pillock interviewer who asked him how difficult it was gonna be by starting with a points deduction was'nt being ominous, but Todd replied with something along the lines of " err we are'nt starting with a points deduction" and then the pillock interviewer asked how difficult it was for him(Todd) to be out of football for the last two years? Todd replied " err i have'nt been i've been involved abroad" . Sky sports news right up to date with their research eh? :crazy: Suppose it was because it was'nt about the Premiersnob league! :wtf:

Breedon

Re: Colin Todd on Sky Sports News

Post by Breedon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:52 am

Sports journalism today is fucking shite. Those that critisize the Echo need to take a moment and think just how lazy the twats at the top level that work for the BBC and SKY are! I'd gladly take the occasionaly typo and possibly controversial opinion over the sheer incompetance and lethargy reporters of the BBC frequently display!

Hawkeye

Re: Colin Todd on Sky Sports News

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:32 am

At this sort of level, the "big", established news sources such as BBC or Sky are pretty much worthless. They don't devote much time to this level of the game because they know that the majority of people who follow football have little interest in lower-league football (I guess it makes sense in a way). I know it seems obvious, but it still seems to be a shock to a surprising amount of people on boards like this.

The BBC in particular frequently displays glaring gaps in knowledge and, while they don't often make false reports (barring the occasional incorrect scoreline or player name), they are usually at least half a week behind sources that actually devote themselves to lower-league football or individual clubs. As much as I'm not a massive fan of the Echo, at least their sports section does show a respectable level of commitment to reporting news from Leagues 1&2, although the Premiership does and always will take priority. It's just common sense really.