No wonder Fleetwood didn't want us getting any players

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 pm

I reckon with a couple of half decent loan signings we'd have got something today. We couldn't have asked for any more from our players. When you think about the wage issues, lack of training and all the departures that was a truly spirited performance. I had feared a possible demolition but Fleetwood were shitting themselves towards the end and were delighted and relieved to have hung on to the three points. If we survive, we can win the relegation battle with this kind of effort. They did us proud.

wellindarlo

Re: No wonder Fleetwood didn't want us getting any players

Post by wellindarlo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Totally agree, Fleetwood players asked to waste time toward the end, second top? Players must take a lot of credit from the game today.

njb

Post by njb » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:27 pm

If it had been any other opposition today, the away supporters would have made some sort of gesture after the week we have. The difference between them and Barrow was stark.

Total lack of class all through the whole Fleetwood club

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Mellon did spend some time applauding the Darlo fans at the end and he looked very relieved. I think he knew he'd done the right thing in making sure we were not able to get any back-up to the teenage roll call.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 pm

If we had someone with a bit of pace that could beat a man their fat No 5 would have been left for dead. Decent effort in the circumstances though

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:35 pm

I was proud of our efforts but Fleetwood were a class above, especially in the final 3rd.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think he knew he'd done the right thing in making sure we were not able to get any back-up to the teenage roll call.
The conference have confirmed that was nothing to do with him, I think we need to let that rumour die.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 pm

I reckon Wrexham will beat them to the title and a team like York could do for them in the play-offs. They look a bit flat footed in defence sometimes with a dodgy kipper to boot.

Lidds reckons they did play a part in it.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Quakerz wrote:I was proud of our efforts but Fleetwood were a class above, especially in the final 3rd.
that was the difference for me - they HAD something in the final third. We didn't. Otherwise it was more even than circumstances would've suggested.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Fleetwood were the better team today but their tactics were very crude. Barging our younger ones off the ball in the first half to gain/keep possession. I was very impressed with our young lads today though, they did not give up. I thought we would get to 70 mins and they would be out of steam, but no, they gave as good as they got in the second half, there were certainly a couple of chances for us to draw even, as I said on another thread Harrison made a bit of a difference and Fleetwood were relieved at the final whistle.

Bizza
Team Supported: Darlo, Newcastle United

Post by Bizza » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:43 pm

We would've won today if we hadn't lost Hatch.
"The Darlo fans away to our left go ballistic!"

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 pm

I thought Fleetwood were well in control, but without creating much (apart from corners-how many did they have!?). It was a shocking turnout from their fans, but credit to Mellon, he spent quite a bit of time applauding the Darlo(+others!) fans, which was a nice touch. I've read Fleetwood are this years Crawley, but their management team showed much more class than Evans and his lot!

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Hmmm as much as I like the bloke, he's been off the boil this season I reckon... Or just me think that?

Although we could have still done with him in the team he hasn't been as effective or dominant in the air as he could be.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm

al_quaker wrote:I've read Fleetwood are this years Crawley, but their management team showed much more class than Evans and his lot!
Fleetwood being this years Crawley is a fair assessment, although they're not having as easy a run as Crawley did.
The difference in class between Mellon and Evans is so vast mathematicians use it to demonstrate the concept of infinity.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Christophano wrote:
al_quaker wrote:I've read Fleetwood are this years Crawley, but their management team showed much more class than Evans and his lot!
Fleetwood being this years Crawley is a fair assessment, although they're not having as easy a run as Crawley did.
The difference in class between Mellon and Evans is so vast mathematicians use it to demonstrate the concept of infinity.
:lol: :lol:

Yorkshirecod
Team Supported: Fleetwood

Post by Yorkshirecod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Well done today on the crowd and the game.

I thought we where in control mostly and we didn't play no where near as well as we have been recently glad to get a banana skin out of the way.

You team did you proud and with effort like that there is no way you will get into a relegation dogfight.

Anyway all the best for the rest of the season really hope you do survive for the sake of the fans.

All the best....

Scuba74

Post by Scuba74 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Now that he has the 3points , will he be saying that the game itself was pointless and that the league should step in and shut us down?

Yorkshirecod

Post by Yorkshirecod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm sorry you do need to get over that and take the whole 2 stories in context.

Why don't you just take a compliment as its meant and move on.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Yorkshirecod wrote:Why don't you just take a compliment as its meant and move on.
NEVER!!!!

tonyb
Team Supported: Fleetwood Town

Post by tonyb » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm

You were beaten by a better team, take it, over 5000 home fans WHY, average gate 2000, but all of a sudden you get 5600, the pub team and its followers will rise. feel sorry for the true Darlo fans, how long can it last?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Lets have a few facts on here.

We had 7 players who would be considered regulars at the start of the season plus 3 players just out of youth contracts either with us or other clubs and a youth team keeper from Sunderland. All bar one of our bench were youth team players who had already played once today, plus one other who has only appeared a couple of times for the first team.

Compare that to the squad you had out there today!!

Also, I think its quite funny for a Fleetwood fan to mention poor crowds after your piss poor turn out today. Beware relying on benefactors because one day they will get bored and then you will end up with a squad you can afford on the crowds you get.

wellingaway

Post by wellingaway » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 pm

tonyb wrote:You were beaten by a better team, take it, over 5000 home fans WHY, average gate 2000, but all of a sudden you get 5600, the pub team and its followers will rise. feel sorry for the true Darlo fans, how long can it last?

Blimey my friend, show a little grace and let us enjoy our moment in time.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 pm

tonyb wrote:You were beaten by a better team, take it, over 5000 home fans WHY, average gate 2000, but all of a sudden you get 5600, the pub team and its followers will rise. feel sorry for the true Darlo fans, how long can it last?
I presume you are talking about Fleetwood here.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:13 pm

You know, most opposition fans come on here and things are pretty friendly. Even if there's been disagreements things are rarely combative, but pretty much all of you Fleetwood fans have come across as arrogant and uncaring.
"How long can it last?" any Darlo fan can tell you how it feels to be doing well when you're being bank-rolled, only to have things come crashing down when the money man gets bored. You guys would do well to remember this, because you're not a big team either, you're being bank-rolled and, while the success is enjoyable and seeing good football each week is great, its a very fine line to walk between glory and administration.
Just think on before you go looking down on other fans.
Good luck with your season.

Yorkshirecod

Post by Yorkshirecod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Don't include me in that see post earlier on ;)

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 pm

If they as arrogant as the four Fleetwood fans in the Quaker Cafe Bar then God help you-couldn't even be bothered to wish us luck!!

The Ozzman
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 pm

It seems the cheating and bad sportsmanship follows Brodie, he cheated with Crawley last season and he was whining again today. That bloke is a cretin of the highest order.
Darlo till I die!!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

tonyb wrote:You were beaten by a better team
Yes but only just
tonyb wrote: take it
We did
tonyb wrote:over 5000 home fans WHY, average gate 2000, but all of a sudden you get 5600
Not hard to work out the answer to this is it?
tonyb wrote: the pub team and its followers will rise
and fall spectacularly
tonyb wrote:feel sorry for the true Darlo fans
thanks, we feel a bit sorry for ourselves too
tonyb wrote:how long can it last?
2 weeks minimum, how about you?

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

wellingaway wrote:

Blimey my friend, show a little grace and let us enjoy our moment in time.
tbh, with some of the things being said about Fleetwood, I dont see why you could expect them to.

Can we not just move on please, we have much more difficult things to worry about at the moment.

we did ok today, but it shows what a bit of cutting edge up top can do for you, I thought we deserved a draw, but saw enough to think we will get 3 points next game :)

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Fleetwood were awful today considering they are 2nd in the league. Today showed us what we as a team are capable of with the support. Which hopefully can continue!
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business