Ronnie Lamprell

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DL5
Team Supported: Darlington

Ronnie Lamprell

Post by DL5 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 am

I met up with Ronnie yesterday through work, purely by chance, I had no idea who he was. We had a long chat about his Darlo days and told me a few stories and showed me a few photos. A true gent :clap:

shadwellman

Re: Ronnie Lamprell

Post by shadwellman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:48 am

has he bought any shares yet?

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 am

shadwellman wrote:has he bought any shares yet?
He said he's going to put his £100 in.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:43 am

Remember Lamprell as physio from the conference era

marskequaker

Post by marskequaker » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 pm

I used to work with Ronnie's son in Stockton - Kevin was his name. You wouldn't miss him as he was about 6ft 6 tall. Kev was actually an Arsenal supporter but when his dad took over as physio at Darlington he used to give him free tickets to come to the games. Kev supported the club for the two years we were successful in 1989 - 1991 then promptly disappeared when the winning run ended and his dad was replaced. To my knowledge Kev has never attended a Darlington match since.

Ronnie reminded me of the old fashioned Dickie Deacon sort of physio being a portly build himself. He was replaced with Drew Coverdale whom I was talking too as recently as last Wednesday. Another ex-Quaker Gary Hinchley also works with him at Norton Physio Clinic near the Malleable WMC.

Funny story about Drew. He came on for the final few minutes against Boston United, we were winning 6-0, David Cork in particular was outstanding in this particular match. The first thing he did was to give the ball away to an opposing player who then reigned in on our goal and scored from it. Goalkeeper Mark Prudhoe was not amused in the slightest!

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:40 pm

marskequaker wrote:Ronnie reminded me of the old fashioned Dickie Deacon sort of physio being a portly build himself. He was replaced with Drew Coverdale...
I'll have banged on about this before on here, but I was very fortunate to have my photo taken with Ron, Drew, Kevan Smith and the 4th Division trophy about half-an-hour after we'd beaten Rochdale back in May 1991.

21 years ago. Christ.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:46 pm

marskequaker wrote: Kev supported the club for the two years we were successful in 1989 - 1991 then promptly disappeared when the winning run ended and his dad was replaced. To my knowledge Kev has never attended a Darlington match since.
You're right! I've never seen Kev since. Made good friends with him over those two seasons but after the 4th Division season he just vanished!

Big kev

Post by Big kev » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello I stopped going to football due to working weekends as a night club manager then live moves on house kids if any of the darlo lads remember me I'm kevin the physios son get in touch .