Race Night Auctions

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Race Night Auctions

Post by uncovered » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Football Fans have their chance bid for some great footballing memoribilla

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=844

Hilly
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Race Night Auctions

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 pm

I was going to bid £150 for Jamie Chandlers shirt but I doubt that bid would last long!

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Well just used facebook to hit a Newcastle supporter and a sunderland supporter and asked them to spread the word

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:38 pm

The money that is raised on Race Night - is this donated straight to DFC 1883 as money, or is it going to be used to buy shares?

I believe I've asked this question several times, and have not been answered. Is that because no one knows or nobody wants to discuss it for some reason?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

uncovered wrote:Football Fans have their chance bid for some great footballing memoribilla

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=844
At this level of football players do not get many opportunities to play at Wembley, less so to win a competition final there.

For Jamie Chandler to give up his match worn shirt from THAT day is a massive gesture.

Well done son, and thanks.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Thats an impressive list. I wonder how much some of those would make on ebay?
It would bring other money into the club instead of the same people chipping in all the time.
I know that isnt the idea of the auction but....

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 pm

i asked tommo the question at the weekend and he said it is going towards the DFC 1883 and also the players are going to make a donation to Uncovered for the money we raised through DUFF. I didn't pursue it any further but I assume they must have sorted that all out re the shares and 1883. Any money Uncovered receives will be instantly spent on shares.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Quaker lady I`ve just asked my cousin on FB to spread the word amongst his Newcastle mates so they can bid online and hes done it so folk will get the opportunity x

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Scott there is a lady coming on Saturday night with a rather expensive handbag (unwanted gift and unused) to donate as a raffle prize shes going to seek me out to give it to, who do I pass it on to on the night?

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 pm

charlie wrote:Quaker lady I`ve just asked my cousin on FB to spread the word amongst his Newcastle mates so they can bid online and hes done it so folk will get the opportunity x
given the quality of items it might be worth having a reserve price on some - think fb is a good idea though
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 pm

If people are feeling really generous they could buy the item on the night and then put on ebay and give the profit to the fund!

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 pm

ive done the rounds on all the Facebook pages of the clubs that have them and left details

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Brilliant Gesture from Jamie Chandler, I know for sure if I won the bid I'd give it straight back to the lad, he is one player is love to ee return if we pull though

Sent from my GT-I9100

DTID

Post by DTID » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:12 am

TinShedDarloFan wrote:Brilliant Gesture from Jamie Chandler, I know for sure if I won the bid I'd give it straight back to the lad, he is one player is love to ee return if we pull though

Sent from my GT-I9100
Its is a huge shame for him to feel he has to give away his Wembley shirt. He's obviously confident of getting back to Wembley in the near future!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 am

I don't have time myself (what with being at work), but would someone be able to post on the message boards of the teams we have shirts of about pre-bidding?

Their fans are more likely to be interested in buying those shirts and make us more money.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 am

that jamie chander shirt is very appealing...how do we track the bids if I want to bid on that item?

if i won that chandler shirt...i would want to donate it towards a memorablia collection that i still think we should house in the arena as an 'attraction'.

GreathamDarlo

Post by GreathamDarlo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:28 pm

I've just sent an email round our staff at work telling them about the auction and posting a link - about 150 staff. Hopefully get some bids there!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:44 pm

lo36789 wrote:that jamie chander shirt is very appealing...how do we track the bids if I want to bid on that item?

if i won that chandler shirt...i would want to donate it towards a memorablia collection that i still think we should house in the arena as an 'attraction'.
When you email your bid they tell you whether your the highest bidder or not. Put it this way I was the highest bidder as of about lunchtime today!

Normally id keep my trap shut but if you can outbid me please do, not only because it'll mean more money to the club but it'll also mean my missus won't kill me when she finds out!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

saint crow
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Post by saint crow » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 pm

There are Southampton shirts in the picture, but not mentioned in the article. Could somebody shed some more light on this.
We couldn't all be cowboys......some of us are clowns!