negativity ,just hold on

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

negativity ,just hold on

Post by onewayup » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:51 pm

people there's an awful lot of stuff going on in the back ground that you don't know about to help put this club on an even footing ,all of it is a hell of a lot of hard work by people wanting this club to remain in existance, untill you know the facts please don't post negativly, only positive posts will help the situation we are in .there will be news tomorrow from the arena. :wave:

Darlo Cockney

Re: negativity ,just hold on

Post by Darlo Cockney » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:11 pm

onewayup wrote:people there's an awful lot of stuff going on in the back ground that you don't know about to help put this club on an even footing ,all of it is a hell of a lot of hard work by people wanting this club to remain in existance, untill you know the facts please don't post negativly, only positive posts will help the situation we are in .there will be news tomorrow from the arena. :wave:
Don't know about the meeting, but essentially what is said is correct.

Far too many people on here publishing rubbish, because they know nothing about what IS happening in the background and obviously can't be disclosed yet.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:26 pm

onewayup wrote:people there's an awful lot of stuff going on in the back ground that you don't know about to help put this club on an even footing ,all of it is a hell of a lot of hard work by people wanting this club to remain in existance, untill you know the facts please don't post negativly, only positive posts will help the situation we are in .there will be news tomorrow from the arena. :wave:
Who are you waving at?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Who are you waving at?
The same person who JoeJaques rolls his eyes at?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:42 am

All well and good, and I agree totally with everything you have said... BUT

This has got to start from the top down. That means 1883, Raj, the trust, the administrator etc.. I know there's a lot they cant say for obvious reasons, but to get a statement every so often can't hurt. A simple statement about figures for cash sales for example would be a start. Little bits of information about the 'business plan' surely would boost confidence and belief, and ideally sell shares along the way.

Constant positivity from those 'in the know' and some answers to some of the basic questions raised would go a very long way to keeping the feeling positive on here!

Silence, and unanswered questions feeds into the hands of the negative/cynical members.

Till then, I urge everyone to keep the faith and bring on Saturday!

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:03 am

it is ok DC to say "things are happening in the background" but that is of no consolation in the main to people outside the loop. I think that most agree that communication channels have not been the best of late. Yes, work is going on in the background, is there a particular reason it has to be kept quiet? fans get sick of hearing about non disclosure agreements etc. What we need to be doing is feeding news out about the things we can talk about, and carry on with the things we can't talk about in the background. Then people are happy at getting some news without even thinking of asking what is happening in the background.

Ha, just read DL14's post, think I have repeated most of it. and agree with all of it.

number_one

Post by number_one » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 am

Sadly there is one or two people that have wanted this to happen for years, quite a few years just so they can get a slice of the action and be able to hide behind the knowledge is power statements.

Of course to be commended for their work towards DFC's future but not without it's own personal gain.

uncovered
Site Admin

negativity ,just hold on

Post by uncovered » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 am

To be honest, the people who I have worked with in 1883 are not like that at all. They are just normal fans who are sacrificing massive amounts of their own time for nothing, infact sometimes they just get criticised. 1883 is not "them". 1883 is us, the fans. If we are not happy about the way things are being done then we can put ourselves forward to help out. Example, no forms being dished out in the corner bar for 1883 draw, why not print out a load yourself and dish them out on Saturday or just place them in the bar.

David Cameron once said "we are all in this together" yeah righto David, but for us we are literally all in this together. We are volunteers, anything we do is in our own time. I dont have alot of spare time so cannot help out as much as I would like, but this week Peter stockill has taken a week off work to come up here and help out 1883 with awareness in the community/business.

Anyway I could go on but best get to work, think I'm pre menstrual again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 am

Darlo Cockney wrote: Far too many people on here publishing rubbish
Such as?

I hope it is not aimed at my comments about clowncube, because them not adding the cash sales is naff all to do with work going on in the background to save the club.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Hilly wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
Who are you waving at?
The same person who JoeJaques rolls his eyes at?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Hell's teeth, you've got good eyesight. To be able to see from there to Pembrokeshire. :roll:

number_one

Post by number_one » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:09 pm

uncovered wrote:To be honest, the people who I have worked with in 1883 are not like that at all. They are just normal fans who are sacrificing massive amounts of their own time for nothing, infact sometimes they just get criticised. 1883 is not "them". 1883 is us, the fans. If we are not happy about the way things are being done then we can put ourselves forward to help out. Example, no forms being dished out in the corner bar for 1883 draw, why not print out a load yourself and dish them out on Saturday or just place them in the bar.

David Cameron once said "we are all in this together" yeah righto David, but for us we are literally all in this together. We are volunteers, anything we do is in our own time. I dont have alot of spare time so cannot help out as much as I would like, but this week Peter stockill has taken a week off work to come up here and help out 1883 with awareness in the community/business.

Anyway I could go on but best get to work, think I'm pre menstrual again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't mention nor necesarily mean the 1883 people.