keltie boo boys block 5

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

funksoul
Team Supported: Darlington

keltie boo boys block 5

Post by funksoul » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 pm

is tehre a need to boo the lad every time he gets the ball, and make sarcastic clapps if he does something well, i agree hes not the most awesome player but he tries and he likes to try something different now and again, hes a bit too clever for his feet sometimes. however why hed want to play for us when all he gets is crap from fans even if es having a good game. he could score 3 and then make one bad pass and the lads would be on him, i gave the lads doing this a bit of sad face and shook my head at which point one of them threw a bottle lid at me, i despair sometimes, why come to just to slag the lad off. the lads are trying out there ya can see it but its hard when theres little experience unfitness and lack of training etc. grow up lads and lets give all our lads support.
(awaits rants at how crap keltie is) -which isnt my point how good he is or not its about support on the field

crusher58

Re: keltie boo boys block 5

Post by crusher58 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:51 pm

i would not fault him in any way, the lad has come back to help us and I agree he gives 100%, the lads need our support not idiots giving abuse.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Must have been just 1or2 people as i was in block 5 and noticed there was no repeat of the last home match.Keltie play good tonite although he faded in the 2nd half.
M I C R A 3

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Keltie was decent tonight, a few errors but he more than made up for that with some good passing. The boo boys have their brains in their arses.

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Keltie played really well tonight! Faded in the 2nd half but overall a solid performance.
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

funksoul wrote:is tehre a need to boo the lad every time he gets the ball, and make sarcastic clapps if he does something well, i agree hes not the most awesome player but he tries and he likes to try something different now and again, hes a bit too clever for his feet sometimes. however why hed want to play for us when all he gets is crap from fans even if es having a good game. he could score 3 and then make one bad pass and the lads would be on him, i gave the lads doing this a bit of sad face and shook my head at which point one of them threw a bottle lid at me, i despair sometimes, why come to just to slag the lad off. the lads are trying out there ya can see it but its hard when theres little experience unfitness and lack of training etc. grow up lads and lets give all our lads support.
(awaits rants at how crap keltie is) -which isnt my point how good he is or not its about support on the field
stop being an over dramatic tart.

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Couple of lads behind me in block 7 probably row 20+ in the middle (now you know who you are) shouting ffs Keltie on a regular basis for anything, did not express the same sentiment at our defence when we shipped 3 goals, clowns. Interesting, was talking with one of the Wrexham entourage who though he had a decent game and could not understand the comments.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:13 pm

I was in block 5 and started to worry first 5 minutes. Some of Keltie's guests also in block 5 near me so got a bit nervous. But to be honest, I hardly heard anything after that. I was feeling a bit sick so didn't have the energy to say anything but would have done if it had got out of hand. In fact, I made a point of clapping his contributions. i'm a fan of Keltie anyway.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:17 pm

It's bang out of order though Cameron. The first time he got the ball tonight he was booed by these so called fans. Do you think before the game, oh I'm looking forward to booing Keltie tonight because it'll make me look good infront of my mates? If so, the rest of us fans don't need people like these.
Luckily most of it stopped after 5-10 minutes, not sure if anything was said 2nd half as I switched ends.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Agreed its bang out of order

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:23 pm

quakersam wrote:It's bang out of order though Cameron. The first time he got the ball tonight he was booed by these so called fans. Do you think before the game, oh I'm looking forward to booing Keltie tonight because it'll make me look good infront of my mates? If so, the rest of us fans don't need people like these.
Luckily most of it stopped after 5-10 minutes, not sure if anything was said 2nd half as I switched ends.
have a word with the lads who were booing, not me. it wasn't that bad, it happened for the first couple of minutes then stopped. he was being clapped afterwards!.. people just being over dramatic as usual.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:23 pm

He's a bit marmite isn't he? I'm not a boo boy by any stretch of the imagination, but let's be objective. He was garbage in the first half, quite a bit better in the second. Not the worst player on the pitch, not the best.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Still doesnt deserved to be boo`d though, none of the lads do

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Wasn't aimed at you mate, just a general rant. We need to support them all no matter what you think of players. We've got 7 games to pull ourselves out of it! That said I thought the 1250 odd Darlo fans were great tonight, really got behind the team when the goals went in

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:30 pm

That`ll be because the lads gave us something to get behind, was pleased I was there tonight :-)

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:31 pm

m62exile wrote:He's a bit marmite isn't he? I'm not a boo boy by any stretch of the imagination, but let's be objective. He was garbage in the first half, quite a bit better in the second. Not the worst player on the pitch, not the best.
So he was garbage but not the worst player on the pitch? :wtf:

princes town

Post by princes town » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Yes there did seem to be one individual who initially played the lead part. However, to be fair nothing else heard after 5/10 minutes and for the remainder of the time these young lads/lasses were an absolute credit to their club. Bob Marley stuff spot on.

In fact, at one dark moment in the 2nd half I was looking at a couple of the really young kids and thought how sad it would be if these lads had no future club to watch and it makes me even more determined. You can do your video games, bloody mountain bikes in the Hamsterley Forest and your snow dome but nothing beats the buzz and camaderie of a live football match and never will.

funksoul

Post by funksoul » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:37 pm

i agree the bob marley stuff was great and if kelties playing rubbish let him know but before hes even got on pitch people shouting at him slaging him off give him a chance first.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:52 pm

wellindarlo wrote:
m62exile wrote:He's a bit marmite isn't he? I'm not a boo boy by any stretch of the imagination, but let's be objective. He was garbage in the first half, quite a bit better in the second. Not the worst player on the pitch, not the best.
There's garbage though & then there's Drewe Broughton.

He's just making up the numbers at the moment.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
wellindarlo wrote:

Sadly he is - but I'd rather it was him than some kid.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 pm

wellindarlo wrote:
Yes. Absolutely. He was garbage in the first half and quite a bit better in the second half. I thought he got better as the game wore on actually. That's what's called a fair fan's assessment which is better than the usual opinion on him here which is that he's either the worst player ever or Lionel Messi.

He's doing his best, but would he have been in our match day squad in October? No.

Still don't condone anyone booing any of our players, although like I said above I thought everyone was right behind him tonight.

princes town

Post by princes town » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 pm

m62exile wrote:
wellindarlo wrote:
Yes. I thought he got better as the game wore on actually. That's what's called a fair fan's assessment which is better than the usual opinion on him here which is that he's either the worst player ever or Lionel Messi.
I also think he was a whole lot better in the 2nd half. He seemed a little lost although not badly so in the diamond formation playing slightly wider than normal. Keltie is much more effective when he is playing centrally and can see the whole pitch (just my opinion). When Arnie went off he and Taylor combined well and we looked more potent . One exquisite ball to Lambert on the right wing but of course these moments slip from the memory if you don't like Keltie. The downside to the flat 4-4-2 is it leaves us more vulnerable to the counter attack as Arnie did cover well today. I still don't understand why we start 2nd halves so poorly. All the goals were pretty poor give aways and spoilt all the hard work.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

....Although we actually scored both goals and played well when Lambert came on and we reverted to an orthodox 442. brought Rundle in to the game on the left wing as well.

princes town

Post by princes town » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:36 pm

m62exile wrote:....Although we actually scored both goals and played well when Lambert came on and we reverted to an orthodox 442. brought Rundle in to the game on the left wing as well.
Yes, I think orthodox 4-4-2 is the way to go. Whenever, I have seen the D formation work it normally involves top class sides like Barcelona or the great Newcastle side with midfielders who can interchange positions seamlessly. You also need a player who can link up with the forwards and it has become noticeable that when we do attack the midfielders don't get up the field quickly enough. Broughton and Bowman are often left isolated.

The Lincoln Quaker

Post by The Lincoln Quaker » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Spyman wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
wellindarlo wrote:

Why? Broughton offerered nothing tonight. Can't really remember him been involved apart from a header that went 6 foot wide. He looks slow and doesn't get stuck in. Keltie on the other hand tends to get a gob full of certain sections and he is working his bollocks off.

princes town

Post by princes town » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Spyman wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
wellindarlo wrote:

He looked knackered 2nd half. I'm not sure if this is age or just lack of match fitness. He did work hard chasing down defenders and he has a few neat touches. He also didn't get much joy from the ref. Their centre half was all over him.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Who else do we play though, its either him or Chris Dickinson, we can't rely on a 17 year old. He answered Liddle's call and I am grateful to him for that. He may not be the best player in the world but its someone to play alongside Bowman. I thought he linked up with him quite well tonight. As long as he puts in the same amount of effort each week that'll do for me

The Lincoln Quaker

Post by The Lincoln Quaker » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 pm

quakersam wrote:Who else do we play though, its either him or Chris Dickinson, we can't rely on a 17 year old. He answered Liddle's call and I am grateful to him for that. He may not be the best player in the world but its someone to play alongside Bowman. I thought he linked up with him quite well tonight. As long as he puts in the same amount of effort each week that'll do for me
Put the young kid on in the 1st half to run the defenders to death then put broughton on in the second half as he might have a fighting chance as he looks so slow it's painful. Bowman is doing all of the running for him and he should be creating chances for bowman not the other way round.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:54 am

If that nob who sits with that bird and the cock with the dodgy baseball cap in the west stand reads this board, do me a favour in future please. Kindly shut the fuck up cos you know nothing about football and neither does your mate!!!!

Another clue as to your identity is that you slagged keltie and Pickford off all night!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Jacko

Post by Jacko » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:53 am

We should have a name and shame including photo's, might shut the spoutmouth arseholes up....