Retro Scarves - back in stock!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

exile tony
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retro Scarves - back in stock!

Post by exile tony » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 pm

thanks for the mention quakerlady, every little helps. fantastic contribution from you though well done.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:If 200 more fans of this club raised the same funds that QL has done we'd be saved.

Seems so simple in those terms doesn't it!

So go raise £1500!

Well done Quakerlady you have done a great job, you sourced a great product they are fantastic quality and you priced them just right giving us fans a real bargain and still raised a large amount to help save Darlo. :clap:

How about some more fans putting in as much effort....PLEASE..... :thumbup:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Fantastic effort Quakerlady you really put a lot of us to shame, I bought one early on but my eldest seems to of claimed this now.

Maybe not now, but once we are through all this the club shop should really stock a small level of the scarves. Especially towards the autumn of this year. As shown they is an appetite for these scarves.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks guys much appreciated. I was so happy to see Craig Liddle wearing his today - made my day!

I agree should be some in the club shop unfortunately cant do anything until (1883) actually run the shop, if anyone can think of anything else that is missing from their 'matchday experience' or souvenir collection just let me know and I will see if its possible.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:46 pm

I know they would not allow them these days, could be classed as offensive weapons, but i remember in the good old days, as they say, the good old wooden rattle.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:54 pm

quakerlady wrote: if anyone can think of anything else that is missing from their 'matchday experience' just let me know and I will see if its possible.
Any chance you can sort out 3 points on a regular basis? I kind of miss them!! :D

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:30 pm

A fantastic idea all round. Symbolic retro feel of what the 1883 thing is about. Football = tradition. The other thing is it markets the club. I rarely wear football regalia but I put the scarf on today and felt it was a nice way of advertising the club. On the way back home 3 people asked me how the game went which encouraged me because they saw the scarf.

two of my other proudest merchandise are:

a retro Blackburn mug. A black and white famous photo imprinted on a mug (how do they do that?) taken before I was born embedded around the surface of the mug. It appeals to my sense of tradition and I am strangely proud of it. Happy to ring BRFC to see how they sell?

a souvenir book of old BRFC photographs produced by the local newspaper.

SteveSC

Post by SteveSC » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:45 am

quakerlady wrote:Thanks guys much appreciated. I was so happy to see Craig Liddle wearing his today - made my day!

I agree should be some in the club shop unfortunately cant do anything until (1883) actually run the shop, if anyone can think of anything else that is missing from their 'matchday experience' or souvenir collection just let me know and I will see if its possible.
I hope you realise that after this great initiative and continuing enthusiasm there is a fair chance 1883 will be asking you to run the club shop next season - and that would be a good thing - we could probably find enough volunteers to staff it (I'll put my name down for the odd shift) but there must be somebody to deal with identifying merchandise, ordering stock, advertising etc etc - and you have shown you are just the lady.