Which away game are you looking forward to most next season?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Dave_from_London
Team Supported: Darlington

Which away game are you looking forward to most next season?

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:14 pm

For me its Colwyn Bay. Ive never been but I could do with a trip to the 'seaside'. I am just hoping its on a Sat in August but knowing our luck it will be on a Tuesday in January :roll:

Which game are you looking forward to and why?

Ash_Quaker

Re: Which away game are you looking forward to most next sea

Post by Ash_Quaker » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Harrogate (If they stay up), I used to play in the school team with a lad who has just signed professional forms with them and is starting to make the bench, be nice to see him play. :thumbup:

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:11 pm

... Looking forward to Worcester ... if they survive the re-organisation of the pyramid. They tend to yo yo with Gloucester, and presumably Kettering will make things less than straightforward cos they used to fluctuate between North and South ... ha ha ha ... well you know what I mean.

Anyway Worcester is a nice stay over. Am still not sure about what this Vauxhall Motors thingy is. Ellesmere Port ... Cheshire way?? I recall (when those poolietypes played them in a cup game a while back) not sure like.

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:15 pm

AIDO wrote:... Looking forward to Worcester ... if they survive the re-organisation of the pyramid. They tend to yo yo with Gloucester, and presumably Kettering will make things less than straightforward cos they used to fluctuate between North and South ... ha ha ha ... well you know what I mean.

Anyway Worcester is a nice stay over. Am still not sure about what this Vauxhall Motors thingy is. Ellesmere Port ... Cheshire way?? I recall (when those poolietypes played them in a cup game a while back) not sure like.
I met a girl in a pub in Chester a few weeks ago and she lives in Ellesmere Port. She said its only 15 quid in a taxi so maybe a stop over in Chester if Vauxhall Motors stays up?

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:17 pm

So thats two stops off in Chester .... one of my all time favourite places .... Great night out!

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 pm

i'll be ok for worcester, the wifes from there and her parents live a mile and a half from the ground. thryve had their money problems as well,shame they dont ground share with the smart rugby ground just off the m5/a449 turn off

AIDO wrote:... Looking forward to Worcester ... if they survive the re-organisation of the pyramid. They tend to yo yo with Gloucester, and presumably Kettering will make things less than straightforward cos they used to fluctuate between North and South ... ha ha ha ... well you know what I mean.

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:21 pm

AIDO wrote:So thats two stops off in Chester .... one of my all time favourite places .... Great night out!
Yeah I hadn't been before a few weeks ago and it was a decent night out. Lots of pubs to choose from. I just hope that both games aren't on Tuesday nights :(

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Well, when you look at it ... Worcester, Gloucester, Chester, Harrogate ..... we're in good company there .... (I think) ... :think: ... :)

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Worcester and Gloucester are good journeys from London but Harrogate is a bit of a trek. 3 and half hours on the train from London changing trains at Leeds. Saying that Leeds could be a good night out as well? I've never been but I've heard its good.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:37 pm

When you get to my age ... Harrogate is a good night out mate .... :lol: .... but am not quite a Betty's regular .... ;)

Ash

Post by Ash » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:40 pm

I'd quite like Chester - I went to uni there and it's still not too far.

Altrincham, Hyde and Stalybridge are all local to me (if they are still in BSN nect season) so I'm just looking forward to getting some more Darlo watching in next season. Hopefully Stockport will come down with us too.

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:41 pm

AIDO wrote:When you get to my age ... Harrogate is a good night out mate .... :lol: .... but am not quite a Betty's regular .... ;)
Lol saying that im 30 so I might have to have a night out in Harrogate instead and have a couple of pints of real ale with a massive head :lol:

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Ash wrote:I'd quite like Chester - I went to uni there and it's still not too far.

Altrincham, Hyde and Stalybridge are all local to me (if they are still in BSN nect season) so I'm just looking forward to getting some more Darlo watching in next season. Hopefully Stockport will come down with us too.
Probably the only 'local' teams to me will be Corby and Bishop Storford but they look likely to join the BSS next season. I better start saving my money up now for all the away trips.

Penrith Quaker

Post by Penrith Quaker » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

The nice easy short trip to Workington, if they survive their relegation battle!
It's not important for you to know my name -Nor I to know yours,
If we communicate for two minutes only It will be enough! - The Jam

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:08 pm

We'll be going to Cheltenham's Whaddon Road for the Gloucester game due to their current groundshare situation
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Man u third round of the fa cup.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:18 pm

I've got friends in Harrogate so will make a weekend of that. Had some good night's there.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Penrith Quaker wrote:The nice easy short trip to Workington, if they survive their relegation battle!

ahhh good old Workington .... It'll be like the old days going there ... I bet it hasn't changed a bit ... ;)

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Harrogate! Stood outside the entrance of the majestic having a smoke as I type having been in the health club!

Nice bit of opulence!

Recommend the place!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Reality kicks in, this is shitting depressing

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Penrith Quaker wrote:The nice easy short trip to Workington, if they survive their relegation battle!
I remember our last visit there just before they got kicked out of the Football League, all sorts of trouble before the game in the car park outside the ground, plus the infamous pie incident in their social club.
For me I'd love to go to Halifax if they were still in our division.

SteveSC

Post by SteveSC » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to any of them - I'm sure some of them are very nice places, but they wouldn't be on my list of 'to visit' grounds. Having said that the home games don't fill me with great excitement either - but then again beggars can't be choosers.

I just hope that we get into a position where we are all looking forward to games next season - its been a while - most of the time recently you turn up more out of a sense of duty than pleasure.

But then again football of any sort next season is a better prospect than the alternative.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Stalybridge, Used to manage them on Football Manager and I watch their highlights every now and then so lokking forward tho that one, if they stay down.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm sure I went to watch a Bishop Auckland V Colwyn Bay match once in the unibond premier so seeing their name pop up a bit bloody depressing. Anyway, on the plus side I hear Harrogates a decent night out. One of my mates used to live in Worcester and I found that a good night out, friendly and lot's to look at.

I think I'll just spend the season drunk and wake up when we get back to the conference.

Penrith Quaker

Post by Penrith Quaker » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:22 pm

AIDO wrote:

ahhh good old Workington .... It'll be like the old days going there ... I bet it hasn't changed a bit ... ;)
I not been there yet -their league days are a little bit too far back for me, I ain't had reason to go their yet since i emigrated from Darlo to Cumbria 5 years ago so really looking forward to it!
It's not important for you to know my name -Nor I to know yours,
If we communicate for two minutes only It will be enough! - The Jam

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:44 pm

DL5 wrote:Reality kicks in, this is shitting depressing
Yep. I'm not looking forward to next season. However, it's better than scratching around in the Wearside league (or equivalent). I suppose Harrogate is the most interesting for me, but I really really hope we only have to go there once!!

exile tony

Post by exile tony » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 pm

workington away for me too, i also now live in Penrith Cumbria. D.T.I.D.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:56 pm

I am not looking forward to one single game - we should hate every single minute of our time outside of the league and use that to ensure it does not happen again.

Jacko

Post by Jacko » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Harrogate for closeness and easy access, on the understanding we are out of the s*** and the club exists in its present form, otherwise as a pheonix club.....Northallerton Town :lol:

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:01 am

Ash wrote:I'd quite like Chester - I went to uni there and it's still not too far.

Ditto, + Droylsden, been to Hyde, Droylsden + Stalybridge before, Stalybridge for me.
Hate to admit it but division 6 and a half looks like good fun if we can get a team together. Reminds me moew of the conference 22 years ago.