CrowdCube

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Trike
Team Supported: Darlington

CrowdCube

Post by Trike » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 am

anyone else noticed that the close date is now 24 days?

theoriginalfatcat

Re: CrowdCube

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Now you mention it :eh: it seems to have been re jigged.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JonnyBoy

Post by JonnyBoy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

I see 25 days.

fergies50yarder

Post by fergies50yarder » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

very strange, didnt know they could do that

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Why wouldn't they be able to?

fergies50yarder

Post by fergies50yarder » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm

I wouldve thought that the goalposts couldnt be moved, could be wrong though,

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Would it be something 1883 have negotiated with Crowdcube do you think? Maybe it will take another 3 weeks for the cash sales to finally be added to the total?
COME ON DARLO!

10_day_manager

Post by 10_day_manager » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:37 pm

I now have some cash to invest and would happily do it now, but the crowdcube figure being almost static has been putting me off. I know it shouldn't be it is. That and not knowing if businesses like the Echo are going to invest the rest of their money is making me more cautious. As far as I know they've only invested one lot of the £10,000 With the rest being invested if certain figures reached. or that was my understanding. someone can put me right if they're sure what their plans for the £10,000 was/is Now I don't get on here as much as I would like to keep abreast of things and scrolling through hundreds of posts can be time consuming. And from a couple weeks times I be on even less until late June. I really would like to see the crowdcube figure up dated to show as much as possible before I make a final decision. Some will say that is wrong way to go about it and I should invest and see my money go in but I've always been to cautious.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:55 pm

We either succeed or fail.

If we fail, you can have your money back.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:04 pm

10_day_manager wrote:I now have some cash to invest and would happily do it now, but the crowdcube figure being almost static has been putting me off. I know it shouldn't be it is. That and not knowing if businesses like the Echo are going to invest the rest of their money is making me more cautious. As far as I know they've only invested one lot of the £10,000 With the rest being invested if certain figures reached. or that was my understanding. someone can put me right if they're sure what their plans for the £10,000 was/is Now I don't get on here as much as I would like to keep abreast of things and scrolling through hundreds of posts can be time consuming. And from a couple weeks times I be on even less until late June. I really would like to see the crowdcube figure up dated to show as much as possible before I make a final decision. Some will say that is wrong way to go about it and I should invest and see my money go in but I've always been to cautious.
Echo was 10k in total so 3.3k approx over the 3 stages. They have put in phase 1 I believe but don't think phase 2 cahs has gone in yet.

I agree some will say put your money in and I do agree with them, however I do understand you holding back and I think many others are too. If the CVA was signed and the agreement was known, I honestly believe they would be a share purchase similar to what we seen in the first week.

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm in a similar position to 10_day_manager.

I bought a share during the initial rush, and I could afford to buy another one or two, but with no word on Raj Singh's terms and conditions, I'm just not going to do it. I won't part with another penny till this is cleared up, because if those conditions are going to cripple the long term goal of the club, then theres no way I'm going to put any more money in. I am sure I'm not the only one who feels like this, and I'm sure this was the concerns of the Trust as well.

Once CVA is agreed, and the feasibility of the club is little clearer, then I may well re-invest. In fact I almost certainly will, but I'm not going to risk losing another £200 just to fold in 18 months because Raj's demands are too excessive.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Probably missed it somewhere but does anyone know when we will get an answer from our former chairman regarding his demands.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Quakerade wrote:Probably missed it somewhere but does anyone know when we will get an answer from our former chairman regarding his demands.

He can't answer until the proposal in the CVA is put to him.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 pm

When is the date for the CVA, i am sure i read somewhere begining of May or was that for something else ?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:16 pm

2nd of May, cooling off period 28 days so 30th May just in time/very close to the COnference deadline of 9th June or at least that seems to be the general information.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 pm

I know we originally turned him down but i was just wondering if the mystery investor that was is still waiting in the wings with his £300 and odd thousand and still willing to invest if needed.

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:02 pm

I dont think hes waiting in the wings anymore

10_day_manager

Post by 10_day_manager » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:If we fail, you can have your money back.
I may being slightly stupid, maybe ignorant of events that have happened, but if it's that simple why don't/haven't the trust invest(ed) their £40 odd thousand, into it and then if it does fail reclaim that money to use for a phoenix club ?
Surely that could move things on a lot quicker and convince people like me who are hanging back because of doubts

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:30 pm

10_day_manager wrote:
I may being slightly stupid, maybe ignorant of events that have happened, but if it's that simple why don't/haven't the trust invest(ed) their £40 odd thousand, into it and then if it does fail reclaim that money to use for a phoenix club ?
Surely that could move things on a lot quicker and convince people like me who are hanging back because of doubts

Oh to live in an ideal world ! Unfort we dont, so now we have to let the system run its course and hope for the best

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 am

I'm concerned that we haven't heard the last of Raj.

I'm concerned that he'll agree to the CVA, there will be lots of optimism, then in that 'cooling off period'. he'll have second thoughts and push for extra conditions. With that deadline approaching he'll hold all the cards. That concerns me, because he can probably do this perfectly legally. I think its called brinksmanship...

divas

Post by divas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:55 am

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Quakerade wrote:Probably missed it somewhere but does anyone know when we will get an answer from our former chairman regarding his demands.

He can't answer until the proposal in the CVA is put to him.
Is that strictly true as we're asking him to waive his claim rather entirely? I'd have thought that would have been done before the meeting on the 2nd.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:28 am

the plan is Raj won't be in the CVA he will have waived it so that he is not included...unless he wants a token amount so that he is kept up to date with the CVA as a legitimate creditor.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 am

10_day_manager wrote:
Why didn't the Trust invest the money?

Because all of the board resigned, is the short story.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:01 pm

At the end of the day i know it might still make no difference to our survival, depending on the result of the CVA and a certain ex - chairman, but we have had so many broken promises about the outstanding monies being added to the crowdcube total and still its a no show. How long is it going to take for this to be added which might just encourage a few more to invest, who knows ?

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Quakerade wrote:At the end of the day i know it might still make no difference to our survival, depending on the result of the CVA and a certain ex - chairman, but we have had so many broken promises about the outstanding monies being added to the crowdcube total and still its a no show. How long is it going to take for this to be added which might just encourage a few more to invest, who knows ?
Crowdcube should be updated in a couple of days to reflect the cash sales etc. Been loads of problems, paperwork etc but hopefully it will be. Will keep watch !
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.