Ray Simpson on Tees

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Ray Simpson on Tees

Post by quakersam » Tue May 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Said advanced negotiations were in progress with Shildon. Sorry but why move their when Bishop's ground is available and has the right grading and facilities. No offence but Shildon is an absolute hole of a ground that would need money spending on it. Go and talk to Bishop Auckland ffs!

Also, he mentioned we'd been in contact with the Evo Stik League, and they'd said they'd prefer us to go into the Division 1 North and not the Premier. I know they have to accept us and all that but surely they can't just relegate us another division, why should we have to be demoted again?
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Mullet69

Re: Ray Simpson on Tees

Post by Mullet69 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Shildon? Railway capital of fucking nowhere. Absolute bollocks.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue May 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Actually I would imagine they don't have to accept us, they just don't have a reason not to!

And I completely agree, although I do like Dean Street for it's character and quirks I'd like to think we didn't have to play there unless it was a last resort!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm

I've always wanted to see my local team Farsley play Darlo but I was hoping it would be in the FA Cup or at the very least the Conference but not down in Evostick Div 1 FFS

oldunwitkids

Post by oldunwitkids » Tue May 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Shildon? Isn't that where George Renolds has his chipboard factory?
Talk about rubbing it in!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

quakersam wrote:Also, he mentioned we'd been in contact with the Evo Stik League, and they'd said they'd prefer us to go into the Division 1 North and not the Premier. I know they have to accept us and all that but surely they can't just relegate us another division, why should we have to be demoted again?
Fuck the Evostik division 1 - that would be one step too far. A phoenix club would be able to start just 1 level below. Doesn't seem worth it.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm

I bet the Trust are laughing their cocks off now - and they've saved around £40 or £50K in the process!
COME ON DARLO!

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm

oldunwitkids wrote:Shildon? Isn't that where George Renolds has his chipboard factory?
Talk about rubbing it in!
Oh yes. In order to get to any one of these three grounds all the Darlo fans would have to drive past the "George Reynolds Industrial Park".

:roll:

Bishop is the one to go for. I like Shildons ground but its not got the same facilities as the other two. West Auckland would have a huge parking issue too.

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue May 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
quakersam wrote:Also, he mentioned we'd been in contact with the Evo Stik League, and they'd said they'd prefer us to go into the Division 1 North and not the Premier. I know they have to accept us and all that but surely they can't just relegate us another division, why should we have to be demoted again?
Fuck the Evostik division 1 - that would be one step too far. A phoenix club would be able to start just 1 level below. Doesn't seem worth it.
This isn't much different from being a phoenix club though. Unless 1883 are still planning to agree to Raj's demands over Dan Burn etc., then we start debt free.

princebishop

Ray Simpson on Tees

Post by princebishop » Tue May 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Shildon will be a cheaper option to Bishops ground.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue May 01, 2012 6:03 pm

mobi wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:
This isn't much different from being a phoenix club though. Unless 1883 are still planning to agree to Raj's demands over Dan Burn etc., then we start debt free.
There is around £250k hard cash difference - the amount of football creditors we have to pay. On the plus side we'd be playing next season & might get a Dan Burn windfall at some point in the future.

With a phoenix club we'd have the advantage of 12 months preparation time and the possibility of playing at a ground within Darlo from the start.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue May 01, 2012 6:04 pm

If we had a choice of grounds, surely it would make sense to go for the best local one available and that is without doubt Bishop.

Shildon, not only is a hole, but (and i know the plan is to retutn to Darlo ASAP) lacks the potential for development should the worst happen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue May 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
mobi wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:
There is around £250k hard cash difference - the amount of football creditors we have to pay. On the plus side we'd be playing next season & might get a Dan Burn windfall at some point in the future.

With a phoenix club we'd have the advantage of 12 months preparation time and the possibility of playing at a ground within Darlo from the start.
A phoenix club couldn't get a Dan Burn windfall because it would be a new club i.e. no transfer of golden share

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue May 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Thats if its a phoenix club. They may be going down the "no CVA" route to get rid of the stench of Singh, to get his filthy hands off our club. They would only have to pay off football creditors in full.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue May 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Exactly loan_star.

The key is if going down the non-cva route - will the FA accept it and what division will we be placed in?

footie fan

Post by footie fan » Tue May 01, 2012 6:15 pm

princebishop wrote:Shildon will be a cheaper option to Bishops ground.

How do you know has anyone asked,I know what rent shildon charged bishop and I have an inkling that is in the region of what bishop would charge darlo .

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue May 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Care to give us a rough estimate?

srun
Team Supported: Shildon

Post by srun » Tue May 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Mullet69 wrote:Shildon? Railway capital of fucking nowhere. Absolute bollocks.
And Darlo is what? Homeless!!!!

Read a lot of stuff tonight, and many people need to take a good look at your own situation before you criticise the likes of Shildon, West Auckland etc. Shildon has its own ground, own team and a plan for next season. West are heading to wembley for a cup final, have a decent ground for NL standard and have the backing of a few businesses. Neither club believes others owe it an existance and are just happy being what they are - a local football team in the community without any pretences of greater ambitions. Instead of taking pops at how other club grounds don't / can't meet your ambitious needs, get a reality check of where you are now and what you are seriously facing for the next few seasons. NL grounds may not be what you are used to, but at least they are part of their clubs.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue May 01, 2012 6:22 pm

The way things are going it had best be no more than 50 pence!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

still_darlo

Post by still_darlo » Tue May 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Well said, sir. How predictable that some people on here would try to alienate all of our possible future partners before we've even started.

Heed
Team Supported: Gateshead

Post by Heed » Tue May 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Bishop Auckland used to ground share at Shildon when in the Unibond League (Evo-Stick), they built the roof on the side terrace to get it up to NPL standard.

footie fan

Post by footie fan » Tue May 01, 2012 6:27 pm

quakersam wrote:Care to give us a rough estimate?

I've pm d you

shadwellman

Post by shadwellman » Tue May 01, 2012 6:39 pm

we will never ever return to Darlington again.Count me out.no more season tickets for me.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 pm

srun wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:Shildon? Railway capital of fucking nowhere. Absolute bollocks.
And Darlo is what? Homeless!!!!

Read a lot of stuff tonight, and many people need to take a good look at your own situation before you criticise the likes of Shildon, West Auckland etc. Shildon has its own ground, own team and a plan for next season. West are heading to wembley for a cup final, have a decent ground for NL standard and have the backing of a few businesses. Neither club believes others owe it an existance and are just happy being what they are - a local football team in the community without any pretences of greater ambitions. Instead of taking pops at how other club grounds don't / can't meet your ambitious needs, get a reality check of where you are now and what you are seriously facing for the next few seasons. NL grounds may not be what you are used to, but at least they are part of their clubs.
You're right, and I genuinely didn't mean it as a slur on Shildon, but it's not got great transport links (for Darlo fans) has it. Same goes for Bishop in many ways. I'm very biased towards Northallerton from many many years of watching them, but they don't tick the "County Durham" requirement - that said its the most accessible of any of the others mentioned, for both home and away fans.

I'll reinforce again that I will NEVER look down on Northern League/Evostick, and never intend to come across that way. In fact, if this club goes down the Phoenix route it might be back to the Calvert Stadium and Town for me.

As Ive said before, could we spread around? Would that be such a bad thing? Playing at different grounds, leading a nomadic existence would be far less humiliating than the last few years at DFC and, potentially tests the fanbase for the future?
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue May 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Mullet69 wrote:As Ive said before, could we spread around? Would that be such a bad thing? Playing at different grounds, leading a nomadic existence would be far less humiliating than the last few years at DFC and, potentially tests the fanbase for the future?
Interesting concept. "Darlo on tour 2012-13". Is that allowed?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm

The Darlo Globetrotters

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

shadwellman wrote:we will never ever return to Darlington again.Count me out.no more season tickets for me.
You're a great help. Man up sweet cheeks.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue May 01, 2012 7:15 pm

On a more worrying note...
raysimpson

Post subject: Re: Darlington FC 1883 Ground Sharing
Think there might be a huge amount of debate to come yet. I've just received a text from a darlo fan wondering why the shareholders of 1883 haven't been consulted on this development today.

There's also a Tweet from the editor of the NLP saying that he has heard that the CVA has been rejected by the FA.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Think we knew that was coming

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue May 01, 2012 7:20 pm

The big question is could it result in us being refused entry into the Evo Stik league.

If I remember rightly Rushden were in a similar position last summer before they folded.