Evostick timescales and approval

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SteveSC
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by SteveSC » Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Apologies if covered elsewhere, but...The Blues square league have their meeting in June I believe at which point we will be thrown out for not coming out of admin to their satisfaction. Do the Evostick organisation have to accept us, or do they have an equivalent summer meeting where they confirm, or otherwise, the clubs that will play in their leagues next season - the ones that have acceptable grounds, can 'guarantee' they will fulfil their fixtures etc.

If so will we be in a position to give them what they want - and if not what then?

quakersam

Re: Evostick timescales and approval

Post by quakersam » Wed May 02, 2012 3:52 pm

The FA decide where we are placed. They place each club in the non-league system depending on factors you mentioned. As far as I know the league we are placed in must accept where the FA put us

Last year's allocations as an example below
http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NationalLe ... 201112.pdf
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Yackley_Quaker

Post by Yackley_Quaker » Wed May 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Evostik 1st Division North has a vacancy with Durham's resignation so we could slot in there.
However as this is only one division above the Northern League we might as well drop down the extra division and groundshare with the RA. At least it will keep the club in Darlington.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Yackley_Quaker wrote:Evostik 1st Division North has a vacancy with Durham's resignation so we could slot in there.
However as this is only one division above the Northern League we might as well drop down the extra division and groundshare with the RA. At least it will keep the club in Darlington.

It has nothing to do with there being a vacancy.

Durham's resignation could save another club from relegation.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Yackley_Quaker wrote:Evostik 1st Division North has a vacancy with Durham's resignation so we could slot in there.
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'd heard that the NL were possibly leaving the pyramid, therefore no easy way out of the NL, if any way out. I'd be very wary of this if true.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Your right it does, EvoStik 1 North would have two as Woodley Sports have been kicked out and Durham City have resigned. BUT, Northwich Victoria have been kicked out the EvoStik Prem and will be in the EvoStik 1 next season if all goes well for them. This leaves a vacancy in the Evo Prem.
However no club is being promoted from the Northern League as Dunston didn't finish in the top two, therefore the Northern League is full, so what they will do with Durham City I don't know, they certainly won't take an extra two clubs

PDL23

Post by PDL23 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 pm

I would be more than happy to plow everything in to the RA. At least they have everything in place and are based in town. With DFC's backing and extra cash they could climb 1-2 divisions with ease.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm

The NL is not going to leave the pyramid! A league does not just up sticks and leave it is part of the national league structure! Teams may leave but I am pretty sure a league cannot just leave!?

If I am wrong on this then fair enough but it sounds like one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard at the moment.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:16 pm

lo36789 wrote:The NL is not going to leave the pyramid! A league does not just up sticks and leave it is part of the national league structure! Teams may leave but I am pretty sure a league cannot just leave!?

If I am wrong on this then fair enough but it sounds like one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard at the moment.

They can leave.

They refused to join for years. Had they joined originally, they would have had parity with The Evostik Premier League.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

lo36789 wrote:The NL is not going to leave the pyramid! A league does not just up sticks and leave it is part of the national league structure! Teams may leave but I am pretty sure a league cannot just leave!?

I'm not making up what I heard/read, I just can't find a story on it at the minute (haven't looked very hard though). But there was definitely a short thread on the Northallerton forum (via NLZ) which referenced the logistics/mileage impact a move to NCEL would have on them.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm

there will be something to replace it though, surely :S?

I don't buy that a step of the pyramid can just dissapear - else what happens to the leagues 'feeding' into the Northern League or do they get pushed up a step?

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:39 pm

lo36789 wrote:there will be something to replace it though, surely :S?

I don't buy that a step of the pyramid can just dissapear - else what happens to the leagues 'feeding' into the Northern League or do they get pushed up a step?

There's plenty of step 5 Leagues.

Nice to see that The Northern League hardly ever promote a team upwards.

Therefore, I can see why they may want to leave the pyramid.

This is a League that we don't want to be in.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Ok so hypothetically the Northern League leaves the pyramid (where do they go...never mind...they won't get category 4 and above referees anymore but nevermind)

The Wearside league feeds into the Northern League - what happens to the Wearside league? would they then feed into another step 6 level league which is elsewhere, or would the wearside league be pushed up?

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:20 pm

lo36789 wrote:Ok so hypothetically the Northern League leaves the pyramid (where do they go...never mind...they won't get category 4 and above referees anymore but nevermind)

The Wearside league feeds into the Northern League - what happens to the Wearside league? would they then feed into another step 6 level league which is elsewhere, or would the wearside league be pushed up?
The Northern League isn't going to leave the Pyramid. In any case it would take a long time for that to happen and many sanctions to apply before it got to that stage, plus their clubs have a legit case for not accepting promotions. This is because most of them have sufferred financial problems in the NPL due to travelling costs and low attendances and dont want to go back up. This wouldnt apply to Darlo. Durham ran on gates of just over 100, even Whitley Bay only got 350 or so.

Removing the NL would create a lot of chaos for the FA and make things even worse for the Pyramid than having the NL in it but not promoting Clubs. EG: The nearest other Step 5 league is the NCEL which would be pointless as a feed from the Wearside League, for example.

The impact of leagues being removed from the Pyramid hasnt been tested yet, however, due to some particularly stupid ground grading rules, at present there are hardly any leagues at Step 7 (Wearside) that are fully in the Pyramid. There is one near me that has been told it doesn't comply, yet its champions last year have gone up into the local Step 6 League...

jane21purple

Post by jane21purple » Wed May 02, 2012 5:34 pm

quakersam wrote:The FA decide where we are placed. They place each club in the non-league system depending on factors you mentioned. As far as I know the league we are placed in must accept where the FA put us

Last year's allocations as an example below
http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NationalLe ... 201112.pdf

so what is the worst case then? which league

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 pm

EvoStik Division 1 North. Hopefully we'll be in the Premier though

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Wed May 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Not a chance of us going into the Premier. It'll be Evo Stik 1 depending on our ground situation

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed May 02, 2012 7:52 pm

darlojay wrote:Not a chance of us going into the Premier. It'll be Evo Stik 1 depending on our ground situation
Why no chance? I read that you've had a conversation with someone but it'd be nice to give us the reasons why you don't think we'll but there instead of just saying like its going to happen.
EDIT: Just seen your response on the other thread.
Last edited by Hilly on Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 pm

See the other thread about rules ref not coming out of admin.

I think the biggest worry will be finding a suitable ground.

Believe me I'd love us to be the the Evo Stik Prem due to the fact that I am involved with a now Premier club but the rules are pretty strict in this level. Ask Vics or Woodley Sports.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 pm

To be honest, at least if we go into the Evo 1N and are at Shildon or Bishop, we can go for promotion next year because their grounds are graded for Evo Prem! One tiny silver lining on a big black cloud.

Whereas if we were placed in the Evo Prem, and were out of town, there would be a good chance of us not being eligible for promotion, if we didn't have a BSN graded ground to move into by March 31st next season.

We'd be effectively treading water.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017