Club Shop

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

The Quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Club Shop

Post by The Quaker » Fri May 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but are we going to do about selling shirts and other items now we don't have a club shop. Could we try and arrange something in the cornmill they always have empty units not sure how much it would cost but they have helped out before and it would put us in the town centre.

TinShedDarloFan

Re: Club Shop

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Cornmill, Northern Echo building or Dolphin Center woud be my guess

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri May 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Out of the back of a transit as its cheaper and all we deserve :(

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Why not do more online?

Most people these days are internet savvy and we managed to shift 9,000 Wembley tickets online. It could be done very low cost, even just as an ebay shop.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri May 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Spyman wrote:Why not do more online?

Most people these days are internet savvy and we managed to shift 9,000 Wembley tickets online. It could be done very low cost, even just as an ebay shop.
Internet savvy speak for yourself. However, the concept is good. Would attract DAFTS custom

Another idea that Bishop A do...

http://www.bishopafc.com/page11.htm
Last edited by princes town on Fri May 04, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 04, 2012 1:53 pm

I think an online presence is essential. As you say, at worst case we should set up an ebay shop, but there's probably fans with the skills to set up something better. Link it into hopefully a better OS.

On a slightly related note we should make better use of social media too!

A presence in the town centre would be desirable, particularly when we are out of Darlington, but I suppose it comes down too cost-not just of the premises but also the staff. If we can't afford to rent our own unit, then maybe linking up with an existing store might work.

divas

Post by divas » Fri May 04, 2012 2:06 pm

al_quaker wrote:A presence in the town centre would be desirable, particularly when we are out of Darlington, but I suppose it comes down too cost-not just of the premises but also the staff. If we can't afford to rent our own unit, then maybe linking up with an existing store might work.
That's the essence of a community club, you have it open maybe 10 hours per week and staff it with a volunteer or two. Echo offices or Dolphin Centre could probably provide some space for that amount of hours.

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Fri May 04, 2012 2:06 pm

an online shop??? now who was it who said online shops are an essential part of any business???
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

dfc1883

Club Shop

Post by dfc1883 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Well, Mikkyx and I made this website and both work with ecommerce on a daily basis, so I'd be willing to help in some way. I'm sure Mike will also help where he can.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Fri May 04, 2012 3:15 pm

al_quaker wrote:

I think an online presence is essential. As you say, at worst case we should set up an ebay shop, but there's probably fans with the skills to set up something better. Link it into hopefully a better OS.

A presence in the town centre would be desirable, particularly when we are out of Darlington, but I suppose it comes down too cost-not just of the premises but also the staff. If we can't afford to rent our own unit, then maybe linking up with an existing store might work.
I know Carlisle have there own floor space in Debenhams as well as their own club shop. Not sure if Darlo has a Debenhams but if it does surely we could strike a deal with them.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Club Shop

Post by mikkyx » Fri May 04, 2012 4:36 pm

dfc1883 wrote:Well, Mikkyx and I made this website and both work with ecommerce on a daily basis, so I'd be willing to help in some way. I'm sure Mike will also help where he can.
correct :thumbup:
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri May 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Darlo_Fanatic wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

I know Carlisle have there own floor space in Debenhams as well as their own club shop. Not sure if Darlo has a Debenhams but if it does surely we could strike a deal with them.
Mate, Carlisle are a division 1 Football League team.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Fri May 04, 2012 6:33 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Darlo_Fanatic wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

Mate, Carlisle are a division 1 Football League team.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Fri May 04, 2012 6:44 pm

as i understand it, various members of DFC1883 are business men/women, so i presume some are likely to have a space to sell shirts and merch?

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 pm

http://www.misupplies.co.uk/

The guy that owns this business is a fan, I am sure he logs on here.

GreathamDarlo

Post by GreathamDarlo » Fri May 04, 2012 7:22 pm

What about a barrow like they have in the cornmill that can be loaded and unloaded from a car/van as a mobile merchandise stall for the home games? I suppose it would work a bit like Quakerlady selling her scarves, along with standard items from the club we could have bits and pieces that the fans contribute (e.g. The Greetings cards that were recently on sale).

Rocky Dennis

Post by Rocky Dennis » Fri May 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Theres a new website www.cashcowuk.com, its a bit like an english version of ebay but free. It would be ideal as there are no costs involved, we could just add the link on here and other DFC sites
. I will be contacting 1883 shortly to offer my services to run this and also create some products such as cufflinks, canvases, lighters, and lots more with DFC branding on.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri May 04, 2012 8:00 pm

I would think there could be some arrangement made with the Echo or Dolphin Centre to have a club shop there. This could be backed up with an online shop. With all due respect having smaller outlets dotted all over the place on the premises of fans who own businesses would be a waste of time.

Mazz Javerick

Post by Mazz Javerick » Fri May 04, 2012 8:17 pm

GreathamDarlo wrote:What about a barrow like they have in the cornmill that can be loaded and unloaded from a car/van as a mobile merchandise stall for the home games? I suppose it would work a bit like Quakerlady selling her scarves, along with standard items from the club we could have bits and pieces that the fans contribute (e.g. The Greetings cards that were recently on sale).
I like the sound of that. Lower rent and commitment than renting a store, which would frankly be overkill for a club our size.

I'm just back from the US and the local university football/basketball/baseball teams have stalls in the shopping centres selling hats, mugs, shirts, scarves etc.

It's win-win.

Huge passing traffic = greater awareness = minimal rent/staffing costs

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri May 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Mazz Javerick wrote:
GreathamDarlo wrote:What about a barrow like they have in the cornmill that can be loaded and unloaded from a car/van as a mobile merchandise stall for the home games? I suppose it would work a bit like Quakerlady selling her scarves, along with standard items from the club we could have bits and pieces that the fans contribute (e.g. The Greetings cards that were recently on sale).
I like the sound of that. Lower rent and commitment than renting a store, which would frankly be overkill for a club our size.

I'm just back from the US and the local university football/basketball/baseball teams have stalls in the shopping centres selling hats, mugs, shirts, scarves etc.

It's win-win.

Huge passing traffic = greater awareness = minimal rent/staffing costs
Perhaps we could use the Arena as one massive fuck off shop. It's a waste to just leave it as it is.

Come on, someone other than me sort this out!

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri May 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Why not have a small shop/stall at the ground that we are going to be at next season? Even if its in a portakabin it would be very profitible as Darlo fans going to the matches could get there stuff there and then.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Dave_from_London wrote:Why not have a small shop/stall at the ground that we are going to be at next season? Even if its in a portakabin it would be very profitible as Darlo fans going to the matches could get there stuff there and then.
Yes, there is a portakabin club shop at Shildon.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 pm

for us exiles an online shop will be invaluable, gives our lass an endless list of Xmas and bday ideas instead of socks and aftershave lol

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Fri May 04, 2012 9:28 pm

hope some of you will volunteer to man said shop/barrow/portakabin etc

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 pm

darlotoon wrote:hope some of you will volunteer to man said shop/barrow/portakabin etc
I would if i lived in the area and free beer was thrown in.

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 pm

ermm no beer sorry lol. We are all going to have to step up to the mark though with volunteering and fundraising , that is what a community club is all about .

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 am

Bogratsteve wrote:for us exiles an online shop will be invaluable, gives our lass an endless list of Xmas and bday ideas instead of socks and aftershave lol
exactly this....especially for us southern based exiles who won't see much of Darlington at least for the next 2 years an online shop is a must!!!

At least i would be able to spend my match fee in the shop instead of not on the club at all!!!