new board

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

walshys_wingman_11
Team Supported: Darlington

new board

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Couldnt this new board of our club have a rep of some of the groups. For example if the new consisted of say 8 people , one could have been voted by uncovered, one by the supporters club , one from the tykes and one from the trust (when they part with the cash). Just a thought.

darlotoon

Re: new board

Post by darlotoon » Mon May 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Supporters club are represented , Scott has had input , the Tykes have had some input as far as I know but of course these people are going to have to be willing to put their heads above the parapet after all this

3BlackHoops

Post by 3BlackHoops » Mon May 07, 2012 6:30 pm

walshys_wingman_11 wrote:Couldnt this new board of our club have a rep of some of the groups. For example if the new consisted of say 8 people , one could have been voted by uncovered, one by the supporters club , one from the tykes and one from the trust (when they part with the cash). Just a thought.
As a general principle I agree that this type of representation is important. In practice, however, unless one of the board members has a casting vote, it is usually best to avoid having a board with an even number of members. Boards with odd numbers avoid split decisions and paralysis of decision making (assuming nobody abstains, that is).

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 pm

There will be elections in the summer, anyone will be able to put themselves forward for election.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:38 pm

I only said 8 as a figure picked at random. Like you say an odd number would be best. I also know most groups are represented at the moment but I think it could or should be a permenant fixture. I am personally not bothered who is on the board but an annual vote for a rep of these groups would be a good idea if it has not be implemented. Like I said earlier its just a thought.

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon May 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Surely it should just be an open vote between all candidates standing?

There seems to be enough crossover to ensure that any board would represent all of these groups, and it doesn't seem particularly democratic to guarantee someone a place on the board if they are the only representative put forward from a particular group, does it?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Also, most of the groups have cross representation, ie the Tykes & Supporters Club members use the Uncovered website. Does that mean they deserve more of a say in things?

TwoSaints

Post by TwoSaints » Mon May 07, 2012 6:58 pm

To be honest that won't help as nobody seems to agree about anything on here so trying to represent that via 1 person won't work, also not all uncovered members are going to be 1883 members.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2