delay as to where

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Enigma
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: delay as to where

Post by Enigma » Sat May 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Its called opinion doesn't meant you have to agree nor does it mean I cant be a darlo fan - as many on here are realising there are a lot of sheep on here who just daren't post what they really feel about the whole mess for fear of the abuse you get

If the club was being run without hearts ruling heads of those in charge and the sheep that follow then we'd have a chance as it is i'm sorry to say the future doesn't inspire confidence. That the trouble with a community club its not run as a business and that doesn't mean you need a Raj type figure at the helm

The trust could see what was coming thats why their money was kept firmly in their bank and now even that looks likely to taken over by well meaning fans who really don't have clue so be prepared to wave goodbye to that 50k down a black hole like the rest out

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Well what a surprise - the agenda finally comes out as if it wasn't fucking obvious anyway...we should have went down the trust route, because they knew better blah, blah, blah.

Why didn't you just say it in post one?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat May 19, 2012 5:46 pm

It looked to me that the Trust simply got the hump because they weren't running the show and dug their heels in at every opportunity. The £50K will be a HUGE boost to us if we are in the Northern League, that alone will enable us to take massive steps forward whilst coming to terms with possibly lower income through the turnstiles.
COME ON DARLO!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Enigma wrote: That the trouble with a community club its not run as a business and that doesn't mean you need a Raj type figure at the helm.......The trust could see what was coming thats why their money was kept firmly in their bank
Bit of a contradictory argument given that Trust's perfect model is the community club. You can't have it both ways.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:It looked to me that the Trust simply got the hump because they weren't running the show and dug their heels in at every opportunity. The £50K will be a HUGE boost to us if we are in the Northern League, that alone will enable us to take massive steps forward whilst coming to terms with possibly lower income through the turnstiles.
No, we'll just waste it because only the trust would have spent the money wisely and ran the job correctly.

We'll fuck it up, cos we're just plebs.

Kit kat anyone? Creme Egg?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Sat May 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Make sure you give Enigma 2 fingers ...he's deserved it

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat May 19, 2012 5:53 pm

I know, lets buy £50K worth of Cadbury's chocolate and win a couple of golden tickets to the Olympics, raffle them off and make £75K proffit! Or not lol
COME ON DARLO!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat May 19, 2012 5:54 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:It looked to me that the Trust simply got the hump because they weren't running the show and dug their heels in at every opportunity. The £50K will be a HUGE boost to us if we are in the Northern League, that alone will enable us to take massive steps forward whilst coming to terms with possibly lower income through the turnstiles.
Given that the Trust only attracted 9 members to their last but one AGM they would have had no chance of running the show. To me 1883 have always done their research but unlike the Trust had a better graps of "needs must". Sadly for me, the Trust had simply imploded because of inertia.
Last edited by princes town on Sat May 19, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Buy 50 grands worth of scratch cards - a sure fire profit maker.

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Sat May 19, 2012 5:55 pm

The trust kept their money? Its not their money its ours, the bloody members money in case anyone forgets.

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm

ambiente wrote:The trust kept their money? Its not their money its ours, the bloody members money in case anyone forgets.
Absolutely and the people of Darlington's money that built it up to that amount in previous administrations !

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Sat May 19, 2012 5:59 pm

But I think they thought it was theirs ...that's why they're so bitter

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 6:04 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:But I think they thought it was theirs ...that's why they're so bitter
Yes, the comment "The trust could see what was coming thats why their money was kept firmly in their bank and now even that looks likely to taken over by well meaning fans" says so much about what a trust supporter (Enigma) thinks.

Their money = "belonging" to those that ran the trust.

Well meaning fans = other people who the money doesn't belong to, who are going to withdraw it and waste it.

Yet these well meaning fans and the trust should be one and the same, not two separately stated entities, as in that comment! And the money BELONGS to the "well meaning fans" and always has done.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Is English Enigma's first language?

It's just that he takes some understanding.

Enigma, briefly, the way I see it is, 1883 did their best but Mr "roadblock" Singh scuppered every move they made. 1883 want the best for the club and the fans, Mr Singh however only thinks about £££££££££££££.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm

But Singh would have melted away had the Trust been taking over. Honestly.

GreathamDarlo

Post by GreathamDarlo » Sat May 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Enigma wrote:
The trust could see what was coming thats why their money was kept firmly in their bank and now even that looks likely to taken over by well meaning fans who really don't have clue so be prepared to wave goodbye to that 50k down a black hole like the rest out
Enigma

Ah...... I see now the 'us' you referred to earlier was the Trust - Therefore you should prepare to 'wave goodbye' to the 50K cos it's going back to the well meaning people who raised it in the first place for the purpose it was raised!!! (as it should have all along!)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat May 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Whatever happens on Friday, I am still glad we took the chance on Raj/FA and everything. We stood up when required, the club fulfilled it's fixtures rather than just saying we give up.

We have spent 200k on finishing the season, keeping McReady and Gray on contracts, the players still contracted will be paid, keeping our name and history, possibly sell on clauses of a couple of players and probably playing next season. We may actually make the 200k back.

Or we could have given up in January, screwed everyone, embarrasingly not finished a season. Started working on a phoenix club, would we of been confident to get everything what was required by 31st March, it was possible but not definite. Would we of gathered as much interest from the fans.

I can't tell you what was the best answer and no one will ever know but I personally am glad we picked option 1 and threw the dice. I will be investing into or new club, I will buy a season ticket no matter what happens on Friday. Unless something dramatic comes out I will use my 1 vote to urge the Trust money to be invested into 1883.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 pm

We never let our club die.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 19, 2012 7:30 pm

By working out Enigma's agenda .................

.............. have we broken the Enigma code? *

*joke!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat May 19, 2012 7:37 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:By working out Enigma's agenda .................

*joke!
No, but he's been sunk!
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Northern soul KTF wrote:Think we're gonna start the next season with 25 point deduction for failing to complete CVA. Plus Two Division drop. That's on a good day, bad news delivered on a Friday oh dear!
Another utter cunnt.

Why would we get multiple relegations AND a massive point deduction, you complete clownshoe?

The penalty nowadays is harsher than a 25 point penalty, it's automatic relegation. You don't get points on top of that FFS.

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Its going to be the Northern League. The link Quakerz posted elsewhere from the Hellenic site makes it 90% certain, and is apparently common knowledge in non-league so Im not holding my breath for an official announcement. I'm sure the FA will state their reasons but arguing with them wont change anything.

Should be a lot of rather good local derbies and big crowds to make up for the disappointment, plus most of the grounds are pretty good (only a few duds now as the NL forced clubs to upgrade facilities).

Look where Aldershot are now, or. for a Club that had no ground when it went under, Newport.

As to the other posts about the Trust. At least 1883 did something, the Trust was too inactive for too long and was as a result never in a position to take things forward, anyway these arguments have to be set aside now.....

Beano

delay as to where

Post by Beano » Sat May 19, 2012 9:24 pm

The FA always try to place clubs in our situation at Step 5.

Chester were originally placed in the North West step 5 equivalent, North West Counties League, but successfully appealed.

Even if we are place in the Northern League, we could still appeal, with vigour.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat May 19, 2012 9:41 pm

I hope the 1883 legal team is already onto that, in case! We need to have the appeal ready there and then, we will have nothing to lose by it. The only stumbling block I can see is that we don't have the football share, but we still should have decent grounds for appeal if we are dumped in the Northern league.
COME ON DARLO!

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat May 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Beano wrote:The FA always try to place clubs in our situation at Step 5.

Chester were originally placed in the North West step 5 equivalent, North West Counties League, but successfully appealed.

Even if we are place in the Northern League, we could still appeal, with vigour.
Do you know on what grounds Chester successfully appealed and would it be relevant to us if we are placed in the Northern League?
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 20, 2012 11:29 am

MikeinBlack wrote:I hope the 1883 legal team is already onto that, in case! We need to have the appeal ready there and then, we will have nothing to lose by it. The only stumbling block I can see is that we don't have the football share
Well as Chester City went bust and Chester were a completely new club, they'll have had the football share issue too.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sun May 20, 2012 11:50 am

Quakerz wrote:
MikeinBlack wrote:I hope the 1883 legal team is already onto that, in case! We need to have the appeal ready there and then, we will have nothing to lose by it. The only stumbling block I can see is that we don't have the football share
Well as Chester City went bust and Chester were a completely new club, they'll have had the football share issue too.
So, in theory, we should be able to use Chester as an example for any appeal - assuming it's the football share that's the reason stated for us placed below Evostick.
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 20, 2012 12:12 pm

The trouble is, the rules were changed after Chester, because of Chester, so it didn't happen again...

If the rules had remained the same, we'd have a precedent to follow but that door has been closed.

Basically Chester were the last phoenix club to fall under the rules of "a club considered a phoenix club must start at least two levels below the league position of the old club" - obviously they were in the BSP when they went bankrupt so they had good grounds to appeal if they were initially placed at step 5 or 6.

The trouble is now the rule has been changed to "a club considered to be a phoenix club cannot start any higher than step 5" - we're a season too late.

Because we are having to apply for a new share, my understanding is that the FA consider us a phoenix, and as far as they're concerned that means step 5, but we've been allowed to present our case why that shouldn't be...

If we ARE placed at step 5, really we have little grounds for appeal, because the FA would be following their rules that now apply - Chester would be irrelevant as a basis to appeal from, as said the rules were different then!

Our only two appeal strategies would be thus...

1 - Definition of a phoenix club - we would have to appeal to the FA that we are NOT a phoenix club and they have defined us incorrectly. If they accept we are not a phoenix club but are a valid continuation of DFC, then by their own rules they can only relegate us one further division, to step 3.

If the definition of a phoenix club appeal is a no goer because of the share issue, then all we are left with is...

2 - Appeal to emotion - Point out that previous clubs went bust and started back at a higher level than us, point out that these clubs brought their leagues into disrepute by folding halfway through the season, leaving their leagues to pick up the pieces and affecting all rival clubs one way or another, point out that we scrapped and battled to raise money to make sure that we at least fulfilled our fixtures and didn't compromise the integrity of our league. How can it be fair then, that we are rewarded by being placed lower than brand new clubs that replaced old ones that compromised their previous leagues?

Yep, crying to the FA may be all that we have if they place us at step 5.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:33 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:By working out Enigma's agenda .................

*joke!
No, but he's been sunk!

It may well be back, probably under a new guise.

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Sun May 20, 2012 1:03 pm

A big plus on our side is the fact that we have an agreement to pay off the football debt.

Obviously the CVA failed because the major creditor wouldn't do the deal but there is - verbal at least - intent to work with the local businesses who have been left out of pocket as a result of administration.
Going forward we need to build bridges with anyone who has been wronged by the club in any way.

Another thing, the FA can hardly regard us as a phoenix club since the club is still the original Darlington FC rather than AFC Darlington or whatever - it is only the company owning the football share which has changed.

Anything worse than Evo-stik north is excessive and will give a signal to any more clubs who end up like us that the best plan is to fold completely and reform as a new club.
That would lead to football debts not being paid off and the FA won't want that.