D day looms.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

son of shinner
Team Supported: Darlington

D day looms.

Post by son of shinner » Thu May 24, 2012 3:37 pm

may your prays be answered.

Quakerz

Re: D day looms.

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Is it me or has the last 2 weeks dragged?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Quakerz wrote:Is it me or has the last 2 weeks dragged?
I feel the same. Get tomorrow out of the way, then things should pick up again. Hopefully that will include re-investments picking up again. I'm sick of the waiting to find out which league it is going to be. Just put us out of our misery. It'll be outrageous if it is the Northern League, but just hurry up and let us know ffs!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu May 24, 2012 3:50 pm

If it is to be the northern league bizarre as it may be seem but we will have more away supporters at most games watching us than we did at the Arena. I know its one league further down the ladder but short term this could give us more revenue than if we are in the evostick north.

jacka1960

Post by jacka1960 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm

anybody want to bet that the doom merchants, nay sayers, trolls and general nere-do-wells will be on this forum like a young chap on a spiff....<5minutes after the FA announcement??
Personally, get it out the road, then crack on and re-build our club :)

COME ON DARLO!!!!!!!!
where we play in the short term isn't an issue....the fact we are playing at all is important!!
Founder Member 1883CIC
Come on Darlo :)

second team

Post by second team » Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 pm

if it is northern lge dene st ok if evo lge we have problems

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Does anybody know what time the FA decision will be announced

botrash

Post by botrash » Thu May 24, 2012 5:09 pm

second team wrote:if it is northern lge dene st ok if evo lge we have problems
You've had enough warnings about trolling with the same crap over and over.

This time it's a permanent ban.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:40 pm

No we don't!!!

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Thu May 24, 2012 5:43 pm

I get the feeling it'll be Northern League

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Thu May 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Praying for evostick but fear it's the northern league

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu May 24, 2012 6:25 pm

This is Darlo folks ... the whipping boys of football. I can just imagine the final FA conversation.

"We'll show them buggers who is boss" Cheaky upstarts! Who do they think they are? We'll hit em hard and teach em a lesson they won't forget in a hurry".

Thing is though ... we've had a life time of pain and torment (and lessons) from all sorts of quarters. The decision, when it comes, will be bloody blessed relief. We are hardened to it all (mostly) and tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of our Darlo supporting football lives. We will show them how cheaky we can be over the ensuing years and bounce back stronger and more resolute so that they don't forget us in a hurry (or otherwise)

We are bigger than anything they can throw at us and in the face of adversity .... we will prove it.

From Adversity a family will be born .... the new Darlo family.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Agree with the sentiments/cliches etc above.

Let's have no more of this "new era" bollocks and just get on with it, what will be will be.

The nightmare scenario has come true, dropping into the depths of non league and being made to ground share out of town.

Although I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing EvoStik/Northern League football at Dean Street next season I am looking forward to being able to talk/debate/bitch about the team, manager and club again.

No more talk of admininstration, CVA's, licenses, crowdcube etc, etc, no more being at the behest of property developers/businessmen. The waiting is just about over, it's in our hands now and tomorrow once we know our fate we can move on and finally leave this whole sorry episode behind us.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Thu May 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Just go away with your trolling sh**e
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 24, 2012 7:16 pm

quaker4life wrote: No more talk of admininstration, CVA's, licenses, crowdcube etc, etc, no more being at the behest of property developers/businessmen.
Spot on, and no more wondering what he who shall not be named will try and do to road block us next

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Because we are Darlo, the worst case sceanrio will happen!

But fuck it, lets embrace. Hopefully get a few promotions and get back upto League 2 :) :clap:

This is our club and our chance to show we can run it, at a sensible cost!

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 am

quaker4life wrote:
Although I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing EvoStik/Northern League football at Dean Street next season I am looking forward to being able to talk/debate/bitch about the team, manager and club again.
My feelings exactly. Over the last two weeks I've felt pretty crap about our prospects, and I've still got concerns. But the truth is, there is still a team to follow, complain and argue about. And that is priceless.

If the last two weeks have dragged... the long haul till the start of the new season will seem to be an age

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri May 25, 2012 6:35 am

AIDO wrote:This is Darlo folks ... the whipping boys of football. I can just imagine the final FA conversation.

"We'll show them buggers who is boss" Cheaky upstarts! Who do they think they are? We'll hit em hard and teach em a lesson they won't forget in a hurry".

Thing is though ... we've had a life time of pain and torment (and lessons) from all sorts of quarters. The decision, when it comes, will be bloody blessed relief. We are hardened to it all (mostly) and tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of our Darlo supporting football lives. We will show them how cheaky we can be over the ensuing years and bounce back stronger and more resolute so that they don't forget us in a hurry (or otherwise)

We are bigger than anything they can throw at us and in the face of adversity .... we will prove it

:clap: :clap: and thrice :clap:

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri May 25, 2012 4:15 pm

AIDO wrote:This is Darlo folks ... the whipping boys of football. I can just imagine the final FA conversation.

We are bigger than anything they can throw at us and in the face of adversity .... we will prove it.

I know it's my quote and full of cliche's but I feel an even stronger desire to be part of Darlo now (if that is possible) .... now that the news is finalised.

Its an absolute outrage and if the FA ever come up with their reasoning, the words they use will serve as the stimuls for our inevitable revival ...

Big fishes and small pond's don't come into it anymore .....