Press Release

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Press Release

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 25, 2012 3:44 pm

"DFC 1883 today learned in an email from the FA that our future as a community football club will start in the Northern League.
We had appraised all potential outcomes and have produced plans and a financial model that will work at this level and the focus now will be to get the football club back up through the leagues as quickly as possible. We can be inspired by clubs like Chester,Wrexham and others who have taken this journey and enjoyed great football,grounds with atmosphere and a rekindling of supporters’ enthusiasm.
Darlington FC now has the prospect of football next season. Three times this year the club was within hours of liquidation,but the fans would not let the club die.
2012/13 will be the clubs 130th season and we will start thejourney back as a club we all own and playing in our black and white hoops.
The Northern League will see some great away days at localgrounds for our fans; it will also give us the opportunity to welcome the fansof local clubs to our temporary home. The football will be tough and competitive and we will not be taking anything for granted but we will beaiming for promotion as fast as we can.
DFC 1883 Ltd still believe that Darlington should aspire to be a league football team and although that is going to take a bit of time, that remains the ultimate goal.
Darlington FC is now a community and fan owned club. It has been given a new lease of life and that new life starts now. The coming weeks are every bit as critical as the past 5 months have been.
We expect to be able to name the new manager shortly: an excellent short list is in place, and now that we know which league we are in we can draw those discussions to a conclusion.
The decisions on season ticket and admissions pricing will also follow shortly. The pricing will impact the playing budget and needs careful consideration. We have every reason to be confident that we can put together a very competitive team as long as we have the continued backing of the fans.

The fans fight to save this club isn’t over until we have met the funding requirements to get through the next two months.
It’s the fan’s club and it’s the financial support from the fansthat will get us to kickoff on the first Saturday of the 2012/13 season.

“Football is for life, not business”…… and we are Darlo ‘til we die."

Wrexham? Which bozo wrote that?

So on the 1883 CIC site it claims we want to return to the "CITY", and the press release says we can take inspiration from "WREXHAM" who have never been below the BSP.

Not being funny, but it gives the impression of 1883 being out of touch - remember this is a press release that will end up being national.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DTID

Re: Press Release

Post by DTID » Fri May 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Would have been better if they replaced "Wrexham" with "Manchester City". I think it's quite funny.

Choongo11

Post by Choongo11 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:54 pm

So we're just bending over and taking it?

Where is the "we think this is a disgrace and are working on an appeal as we speak"?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri May 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Choongo11 wrote:So we're just bending over and taking it?

Where is the "we think this is a disgrace and are working on an appeal as we speak"?
Whats your problem with 1883? You seem to be very critical of them. It's only been an hour since the news, do you expect them to do everything within an hour when most of them have full time jobs.

Give them time to get together and assess.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Fri May 25, 2012 3:59 pm

I bloody well hope an appeal is going to be made, it might not do any good but we can not just take this decision without putting up a fight.

Choongo11

Post by Choongo11 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:59 pm

My problem is we have been relegated 4 divisions and are in £200k debt. They have had the time to write a long winded press release which mentions nothing about an appeal.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:01 pm

We aren't £200k in debt.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Must admit that the tone of the release is very, mmm I dunno, it's like they've settled for NL.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri May 25, 2012 4:04 pm

It looks very doubtful there will be an appeal, and lets be honest it'd be a waste of time and it wouldn't be wise to antagonise the FA any further.

It's a huge blow no doubt about it but we'll just have to take it on the chin.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:07 pm

quaker4life wrote:it wouldn't be wise to antagonise the FA any further.
Through fear of what...them relegating us further than their rules state we should be relegated - oh wait it's a bit late for that.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Fri May 25, 2012 4:07 pm

B***ocks we can not just take it on the chin without a fight.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri May 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Choongo11 wrote:So we're just bending over and taking it?

While I think it is s**t to be placed at Step 5, do we really have a good enough argument to appeal the decision, could we test the FA decision using Chester as an example...

In Chesters case they already had a high standard ground, which probably favoured there appeal, I cant see how Shildon can provide us with a similar argument, it is a sad day for Darlington and the fans, but it is not the end of the world, it has been proved that if a team works hard they can get back, look at Aldershot, they were placed lower than us in the pyramid from what I remember, but they made it back to the League, yes it took a long time, but proved it could be done, I hope we dont take too long to get back to the Blue Square Premier...

All in all, it is not the end of the world, it may feel like a hard kick in the balls, but it can be done, least there is still a club in existence

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 25, 2012 4:12 pm

We can point out that we've taken on the remaining contracts of full time professional footballers yet been demoted to a level that charges £5 or £6 in!

We can point out that other clubs have gone bust, reformed as phoenix clubs and been placed at step 4!

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Fri May 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Didn't Chester appeal on grounds that clubs wouldn't be able to cope with the large away following they would bring?

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri May 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Quakerz wrote:We can point out that we've taken on the remaining contracts of full time professional footballers yet been demoted to a level that charges £5 or £6 in!

We can point out that other clubs have gone bust, reformed as phoenix clubs and been placed at step 4!
Fair point mate :-)

But could the FA turn round dismiss our appeal using AFC Wimbledon and FCUM as a way of saying tough s**t, although our situation is very much different, they were both placed at Step 6 with a massive fanbase

442 Football Crazy Admin

MB86DFC

Press Release

Post by MB86DFC » Fri May 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Would an appeal hinder us? The last thing we need is a drawn out process which will hamper out pre season plans ( putting a whole fucking club together!)

I think we need to just accept this and make sure we win this league.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri May 25, 2012 6:31 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Would an appeal hinder us? The last thing we need is a drawn out process which will hamper out pre season plans ( putting a whole fucking club together!)

I think we need to just accept this and make sure we win this league.
I am with you there bud, appealing is just going to prolong stuff

442 Football Crazy Admin

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Fri May 25, 2012 7:59 pm

An appeal can only be put forward when we know their actual reasons for putting us where they have. Have patience.

Meanwhile, lets get the building blocks in place with a manager, and get the investing back on track.

Quakerian

Post by Quakerian » Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Quakerz wrote:We can point out that we've taken on the remaining contracts of full time professional footballers yet been demoted to a level that charges £5 or £6 in!

Well do it then you idiot instead of coming on here sitting in your chair and moaning all the time. You have been like this for years spouting your vile and vitriol without actually doing something yourself. In fact didn't you stop going to games?

Why tell everyone else what to do...get involved yourself and do something instead of spouting out.

Idiot

Fan ........ my backside. Do one.
Quakerian

PoolieAlbatross
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by PoolieAlbatross » Fri May 25, 2012 9:53 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:

But could the FA turn round dismiss our appeal using AFC Wimbledon and FCUM as a way of saying tough s**t, although our situation is very much different, they were both placed at Step 6 with a massive fanbase
Very different scenarios to you: both AFCW and FCUM were brand new clubs, not even Phoenix as far as the FA were concerned as the original clubs still existed and were playing. Allowing a brand new club to start at a higher level wouldn't be on - and the FA was highly unlikely to be on the side of what they saw as breakaway clubs, infamously they tried to tell the people that then formed AFCW that to do so was "not in the best interests of football" in the report that allowed the original club to relocate to Milton Keynes.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri May 25, 2012 10:09 pm

PoolieAlbatross wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:

Very different scenarios to you: both AFCW and FCUM were brand new clubs, not even Phoenix as far as the FA were concerned as the original clubs still existed and were playing. Allowing a brand new club to start at a higher level wouldn't be on - and the FA was highly unlikely to be on the side of what they saw as breakaway clubs, infamously they tried to tell the people that then formed AFCW that to do so was "not in the best interests of football" in the report that allowed the original club to relocate to Milton Keynes.
Yes, I know it is a different situation between us and AFCW/FCUM, the point I was trying to make was to do with the fact of them starting at Step 6, despite having a huge following

442 Football Crazy Admin

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Quakerian wrote: Well do it then you idiot instead of coming on here sitting in your chair and moaning all the time. You have been like this for years spouting your vile and vitriol without actually doing something yourself. In fact didn't you stop going to games?

Why tell everyone else what to do...get involved yourself and do something instead of spouting out.

Idiot

Fan ........ my backside. Do one.
Probably the first time I've ever been gobsmacked.

I thought I was helping ideas for appeal along by pointing out how we've been absolutely screwed over. I am not in a position to appeal, like you, I am not part of the board.

And no I didn't stop going to games.

Prick!

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 pm

that press release is terrible, total and utter bull*hit- so we just accept this and take it? F*ck you.

FIGHT you ba*tards! FIGHT for our club. FIGHT! Which one of you is prepared to stand up and fight the FA? EH? who? which one of you? Or do we just roll over and take this? Come on? WHO amongst you gives a s*it. We do. Do you?

Questions

1) Will you appeal? Yes or no
2) Does the ground at Shidon, as it stands NOW, form any part of the reason for our demotion 4 leagues?
3) Did the FA ever give any indication that the ground at Shildon would be passed for anything higher than NL football?
4) Why was a ground of better quality at Bishop Auckland rejected - Is that ground suitable NOW, today, this second, for Evo Stick Premier Football?
3) Did you have any steer form the FA at all what there response will be
4) Will you publish the basis of your presentation to the FA
5) What works are needed at Dean Street to bring the ground up to Evo Stick Level?
6) Did the FA indicate at all between administration and today that Dean Street, with remedial work, would be suitable for anything above Northern League Standard football?
7) Have the FA ever suggested that Dean Street, as it stands now, without any remedial work, is subtable for anything above Northern League Football?
5) What did you suspect would be our final league berth?
6) Why should we support anything you say? We could have been in this position had we folded in January.
7) When do you intend to fight back? Where is your passion for this club?
8) Did the none transfer of the "footballing share" from the previous owner any part of the FA Dennison to demote us 4 leagues?
9) Did the fact that we have no CVA form any part of the FA decision to demote us 4 leagues?

I am really quite pissed off with all this - you seem to be allowing our club to be kicked over and over again! Why don't you fight this ? Why aren't you in touch with the feelings of the fans? We feel abused and humiliated by the FA and you realse THAT statement about how great the Northern League is ffs

Show some bloody guts and fight - call the FA c**** or something. spell out WHO lead us to this position, blame the FA, say they had a preconceived agenda before our hearing. Anything.

JUST SHOW SOME FIGHT FFS !!!!!!!!!!

(slag me off all you like - i don't care anymore. I am depressed, embarrassed, hurting, humiliated, and feel like i have been lied to and taken for a mug.

Oh and anyone who follows my twitter will have worked out the FA are going to sue me in the morning so i am beyond giving a s*** anymore!)
Last edited by MKDarlo on Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Fri May 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Totally agree with everything you have written MK someone shouldshow some fight in this and not just lie down without a fight.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri May 25, 2012 11:32 pm

according to Shaun campbell on Sky, an appeal is a possibility. However, that would require transfer of the football share to stand any chance from what the echo says.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Bad press release :thumbdown: Pre written and as MKDarlo points out so well, without any sign of a fight. I've read it twice now and it's worse second time around. Talk about the elephant in the room :evil: :evil: How about something like " we don't agree with this grossly unfair decision,we believe we have good grounds for appeal,we might not be successful, but hell, we're going to give it a try"

If 1883 can't (or won't) appeal and at least show some passion it doesn't bode well for the future.

It's a complete an utter mess.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri May 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I am just so angry with all of this. Why on earth does it look like we are just going to accept this.

If it costs money to appeal tell us how much and we will raise it. Where are the echo? Why are they not banging the drum saying what a disgrace it all is? even if it is a mispeaking of the truth it needs to be done.

We need to whip up support and use this injustice to drive us forward.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Fri May 25, 2012 11:51 pm

Fukraj has fooked us over ...the FA has fooked us over and we seem to be sitting and taking it.

Time for some bollox....if we're a new club with a new share stand up and tell the creditors to fook off....we ain't paying another penny. No CVA = No CVA. We can't be a new club and pay selected creditors.

Tell the FA to go fook themselves. They are taking the piss.

I'm with MK ....I'm on the fooking brink !!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm getting the impression that the fight has gone,Or perhaps everyone's gone to bed.

We have fans and followers all over.People who can and will help, so how hard would it be to get an appeal sorted??

No mention at all of this in the press statement. Very worrying.

I want people to do their utmost. I don't want to be told how super :thumbdown: the Northern League is.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Sat May 26, 2012 12:35 am

I'd happily take a s*** in raj's mouth and kick him in the nuts,fuck off raj you smelly c***