Listen Up, fans of this great club...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfc1883
Team Supported: Darlington

Listen Up, fans of this great club...

Post by dfc1883 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:00 pm

WE are Darlington - the fans! and no matter what the FA say, or rule, WE are the continuation of this great club that WE all love.

They've taken everything from us, absolutely everything - WE are all that's left so don't let the FA's rulings discourage you from going to support this team otherwise they have won.

They don't care whether we exist or not, they really don't, they'd be just as happy if we stopped existing. WE can't just lay down and die - WE are the club.

Everyone has been amazing this year in raising a fantastic amount of money, let's use that, be positive and come together as a group. For anyone who hasn't re-invested it's our passion and generosity that will take this club forwards, it's in our hands now and that's a beautiful prospect, that's something I'm willing to invest in.

Our History is still our history whether it's written in paper or in the memories we've had, bad and good, as long as we keep Darlington FC in our hearts it is still OUR club.

Let's make the next few years be some of the biggest and most memorable in our history, we need each and every one of you on board giving all the support you can, and we'll get out of this together.

Darlo will never die! ESPECIALLY not when asked to by the FA.

Lawman3
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Listen Up, fans of this great club...

Post by Lawman3 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Well said. It's our club now, more than ever.

Forgive me for quoting Shakespeare, but "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet".
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

the striped tiger
Team Supported: Spennymoor Townv

Re: Listen Up, fans of this great club...

Post by the striped tiger » Tue May 29, 2012 7:00 pm

I used to follow Spennymoor United until it went bust, I support Spennymoor Town now, all the current fans hold onto Uniteds history, it is part of our shared experiences and memories and is celebrated by the new club our motto is 'we will always be united' and when you play us u will hear the chant 'there's only one united and e are in the northern league' (which has bemused a few sets of fans when we've played outside the area). Whatever happens to you club, their name, where u play etc no one take take away your history and the link it will always have with the new chapters u are about to write Moors Moors Moors