Fundraiser Ideas

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

Fundraiser Ideas

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Just been thinking about fundraisring ideas and thought of a few in particular and they probably have cropped up elsewhere on this site

1. Darlo to Bishop walk for the first game, sponsored of course, we could even go as far as asking Bishop fans joining us in support

2. Bike Ride and again ask Bishop to join us

3. A football match at Bishop, The new squad against a mixture of Darlo Legends and Fans(have the fans pay to play)

4. Darlo v Bishop, both have a mix of current squad, fans and legends

5. Charity Jail Break, 2 teams do it, one team is the escapees, the other being the jailers, the aim being the escapee has to run as far as possible in a certain time and not get caught, just a idea anyway
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

davidcorks 40yard OG

Re: Fundraiser Ideas

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:05 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:Just been thinking about fundraisring ideas and thought of a few in particular and they probably have cropped up elsewhere on this site

1. Darlo to Bishop walk for the first game, sponsored of course, we could even go as far as asking Bishop fans joining us in support2. Bike Ride and again ask Bishop to join us3. A football match at Bishop, The new squad against a mixture of Darlo Legends and Fans(have the fans pay to play)

5. Charity Jail Break, 2 teams do it, one team is the escapees, the other being the jailers, the aim being the escapee has to run as far as possible in a certain time and not get caught, just a idea anyway

Dont be giving Andy P & Clownscape ideas :lol:

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:12 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:Just been thinking about fundraisring ideas and thought of a few in particular and they probably have cropped up elsewhere on this site

1. Darlo to Bishop walk for the first game, sponsored of course, we could even go as far as asking Bishop fans joining us in support

2. Bike Ride and again ask Bishop to join us

3. A football match at Bishop, The new squad against a mixture of Darlo Legends and Fans(have the fans pay to play)

I'll take them to the next DFC 1883 fundraising meeting.

Great to see suggestions like this - we need as many as possible.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 am

I'll be up for the Sponsored Walk :)

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 am

Charity jail break? Running round the Bishop countryside getting clarted up...i think it may be too easy to hide!!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Fundraiser Ideas

Post by mikkyx » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 am

I believe ideas were afoot on Twitter to walk from the Arena to Heritage Park on the opening day - dressed as superheroes.....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Which side gets to ride the motorbikes & jump the barbed wire fence? :roll:

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:56 pm

When the team photos are done, could it be organised to have photos taken with the team/groups of players?

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 pm

A ''Darlington FC Day'' in the market square, like the heritage park open day but in darlo....meet the players, staff and manager...stalls selling merch and shares....meet 1883, maybe a 5 aside tournament?
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Quaker-Razz wrote:A ''Darlington FC Day'' in the market square, like the heritage park open day but in darlo....meet the players, staff and manager...stalls selling merch and shares....meet 1883, maybe a 5 aside tournament?
This is a great idea. I know something along these lines was mooted when I was on the Board but I'm not sure if the idea has grown since then or encountered problems.

Having an event in the town centre on a Saturday when the place is packed with shoppers would attract interested bystanders who would otherwise not make the effort to attend events or search out info.

These are the people we need to get hold of - those on this forum know what's happening, many others do not.

*A large tent with an 'exhibition' style set of posters & narrative showing the timeline of events from Wembley until present.
*Bouncy Castle (because like cuddly toys, you always need a bouncy castle).
*Season ticket sales.
*Merchandise (with or without 1883 logos...) sales.
*Speed strike competition to let Chris Vallis try again.
Stands specific to the following:
*CIC membership/donations
*Club 1883 membership
*Fundraisers stand so people can see & speak to the volunteers who are doing a great job of arranging events. People can also offer ideas and their assistance.

There are a myriad of other things that can go on as well but I'm supposed to be working so need to cut this short.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Another idea I had was something I tried 3 years ago for another charity,

Visit all the Premier League Grounds in 7 days using public transport, with limited supplies and have to beg, borrow and steal to get through...

Put a groundhop fundraiser crew together, 14 in total and send out:-

2 to do the Premier League
2 to do the Championship
2 to do League 1
2 to do League 2
2 to the Conference

with

2 to do the Scottish Premier League and First Division
2 to do Scottish Second and Third Division...

The only requirements are you have to do it by blagging your way round without a pot to piss in, get a picture outside the ground and try to get hold of a piece of merchandise
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs