"Missing Investors"

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Why have you not invested in the CIC?

I will be, just haven't yet
24%
I don't understand how to
3%
I have lost faith
3%
I dont want to back a club in the Northern League
2%
I dont want to back a club playing out of town
8%
I can no longer afford to
3%
I am keeping the money for a season ticket
6%
I don't like the new model
4%
The club has been saved now so dont see why I need to
No votes
Already invested the same as crowdcube
36%
already invested but less than crowdcube
10%

Total votes: 89

collett_for_england
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: "Missing Investors"

Post by collett_for_england » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 am

I asked a question on the 1883 website Contact Us form about 2 weeks ago and no reply. Seeing as though Craig et al are fast with the replies usually I'm thinking there's a problem with the website so whoever is in charge of that take a look please and fix it (or get up to speed with replies).

I invested (in crowdcube) more than I should have but was happy to do so to save Darlo. Now I'm apprehensive or reinvesting because it feels like you're sending money into an unknown. You instruct your bank to transfer X amount to this account number and that's then end of it.

What I'm getting at is this feels more like a charity than a fans owned club. Yes we all need to dig deep but we've done that in donations for the last 6 months. What happens when the £200k runs out? Do we need to dig deep again?

Is there a yearly subscription? I haven't seen anything other than chat on here.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am

The money we need to raise it to pay off legacy debts - we took the players contracts over from DFC 2009 so that we could buy the assets and remain Darlington FC rather than be Darlington FC 1883, although it remains to be seen whether the FA will still allow this.

As we're a new company we also need some cash flow so a portion of the money we raise will go into the DFC 1883 bank account to provide a slush fund.

There will be periodic fundraising going forward as there is with all clubs at this level but you won't be asked to put your hand in your pocket like this again as the budget will be set equal to what the expected support will be. The only other posibility is if we need to raise cash to put towards a ground.

What do you think would help in feeling that your money wasn't just going into the abyss?

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 am

collett_for_england wrote:I asked a question on the 1883 website Contact Us form about 2 weeks ago and no reply. Seeing as though Craig et al are fast with the replies usually I'm thinking there's a problem with the website so whoever is in charge of that take a look please and fix it (or get up to speed with replies).

I invested (in crowdcube) more than I should have but was happy to do so to save Darlo. Now I'm apprehensive or reinvesting because it feels like you're sending money into an unknown. You instruct your bank to transfer X amount to this account number and that's then end of it.

What I'm getting at is this feels more like a charity than a fans owned club. Yes we all need to dig deep but we've done that in donations for the last 6 months. What happens when the £200k runs out? Do we need to dig deep again?

Is there a yearly subscription? I haven't seen anything other than chat on here.
The 200k is basically equity (capital) in the club. I don't think it is recurring although the shares in the 1883 model can be bought up to 500k . Future costs will need to be paid for out of income (gate receipts, fund raising etc) rather than share capital. I understand you will get a share certificate for your investment and various defined benefits advertised elsewhere on the board..

collett_for_england

Post by collett_for_england » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 am

divas wrote: What do you think would help in feeling that your money wasn't just going into the abyss?
I want to invest in a way that isn't sending my money to a bank account with no receipt of payment sent, if you know what I mean.

Crowdcube was well polished and donate £100 by paypal/ bank transfer is not. That is why people aren't reinvesting, not because of the £100 or £1000 question. But because there's no receipt, there's no acknowledgement of payment. It's a wholly unpersonal experience.

I've sent an email to 1883 anyway so when they get back to me and I can invest directly in the CIC with a bit more human contact this will be done!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

collett_for_england wrote:
divas wrote: What do you think would help in feeling that your money wasn't just going into the abyss?
I want to invest in a way that isn't sending my money to a bank account with no receipt of payment sent, if you know what I mean.

Crowdcube was well polished and donate £100 by paypal/ bank transfer is not. That is why people aren't reinvesting, not because of the £100 or £1000 question. But because there's no receipt, there's no acknowledgement of payment. It's a wholly unpersonal experience.

I've sent an email to 1883 anyway so when they get back to me and I can invest directly in the CIC with a bit more human contact this will be done!
One of the listed 'benefits' is a personalised certificate of membership. While this isn't an immediate acknowledgement, surely it is in itself better than an email confirmation, no matter how polished?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

collett_for_england

Post by collett_for_england » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Spyman wrote: One of the listed 'benefits' is a personalised certificate of membership. While this isn't an immediate acknowledgement, surely it is in itself better than an email confirmation, no matter how polished?
No I get all the benefits etc I think they're great and should encourage investment, although without benefits I'd be still investing.

The point I'm making is there's no receipt of transaction. If I transfer X amount I want proof of the amount and that I have X shares in darlo1883 / cic / whatever (I'm still not sure what is what).

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 pm

collett_for_england wrote:
Spyman wrote: One of the listed 'benefits' is a personalised certificate of membership. While this isn't an immediate acknowledgement, surely it is in itself better than an email confirmation, no matter how polished?
No I get all the benefits etc I think they're great and should encourage investment, although without benefits I'd be still investing.

The point I'm making is there's no receipt of transaction. If I transfer X amount I want proof of the amount and that I have X shares in darlo1883 / cic / whatever (I'm still not sure what is what).

I understand what your saying but even with the crowdcube model you still didnt get a physical receipt and would be awaiting your share certificate.

princes town

Post by princes town » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 pm

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/club/cic-owners/

something like the attached link would carry resonance with some people.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 pm

princes town wrote:http://www.clydefc.co.uk/club/cic-owners/

Sure we can implement that, it's a very good iea, especially with the number of owners displayed.

princes town

Post by princes town » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 pm

divas wrote:
princes town wrote:http://www.clydefc.co.uk/club/cic-owners/

Sure we can implement that, it's a very good iea, especially with the number of owners displayed.
I thought it was a brilliant idea. Would appeal to those exiled from Darlo as well from a nostalgia point of view. I quite liked reading the Crowdcube gallery.

One of my proudest possessions is a Blackburn football book cause my dad stuck my name in the back. The other thing about Clyde is they run an annual ownership scheme so maybe that would appeal to some although you get into Class A and Class B shares type situation. Ownership for a year so to speak.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Can you post it in 1883. At worst i'm sure Mikky could get something hosted that was a simple PDF updated daily - i know Laura has someone going thru matching payment up to applications so i'm sure they have a list.

There has been a surge in CIC applications yesterday so the recently implemented measures are starting to work, we need to continue to build the momentum.

princes town

Post by princes town » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:11 pm

divas wrote:Can you post it in 1883. At worst i'm sure Mikky could get something hosted that was a simple PDF updated daily - i know Laura has someone going thru matching payment up to applications so i'm sure they have a list.

There has been a surge in CIC applications yesterday so the recently implemented measures are starting to work, we need to continue to build the momentum.
Great news that

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:23 pm

collett_for_england wrote: The point I'm making is there's no receipt of transaction. If I transfer X amount I want proof of the amount and that I have X shares in darlo1883 / cic / whatever (I'm still not sure what is what).
I realise this and can only apologise - however, we have had more than 500 emails through in the last 2 weeks, with more than 200 individual members of the CIC.

Every single one of these has to be individually matched to a Paypal or a bank transfer and logged with name, address etc. details. In addition to this there have been over 100 queries.

It has not been a small undertaking, but we are finally getting back up to date with it (there are about 10 emails still to be dealt with), after a backlog. I am hoping to send transactional receipts to every matched member over the coming few days, but there are many (many!) other things which also require attention too.

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Using the money to get season tickets for myself and my two lads. Did think long and hard about re-investing, but the youngest got really into the club last season, so seemed like a better option.

I will invest in the club later in the season if I can afford it

Secretspy

Post by Secretspy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Getting re-investment of the Crowdcube money was always a big ask.

The average Crowdcube figure was £300 but with maybe only half investing just £100 the other half averaged £500.

The 1883 current package is not good enough to get these higher investers to re-invest this sort of money. As has already been said many of these higher investors are elderly or family guys who want to take kids and with so few seats at Bishop and limited car parking we are asking them to invest heavily without even a guarentee that they can get a seat or park near enough to the ground to make attending possible.

The reinvestment is going to flat line around £100K IMO so we need these higher investors on board.

1883 could consider guarateed season ticket and car parking for investments over a certain level.

This would help us make the target.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 pm

We need to get the Trust on board.

It is still sat on 50 grand, that is ours, the fans money. That money goes in, in June, and it goes a long way towards getting the financial gap plugged.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:21 am

I honestly believe the trust is onboard Qz. From the communications we have received they are working hard to ensure that they get it resolved in good time so that 1883 dont miss their timescales.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:03 pm

AIDO wrote:Hey Craig (and anybody else actually) ... I noticed the statement "I don't want to back a club playing out of town" .... There are clearly people who feel that way but surely it would be a good idea for CIC (or its members) to promote their "own" return shuttle bus to Bishop Auckland from town (picking up wherever). At least gauge the level of support for such a scheme and show a proactive initiative with regard to illiminating excuses for not supporting CIC. I realise their lack of support for the venture might be more deep rooted, but this is a real issue. Some people went to the Arena (in the early days) because of the security of the football bus service then stopped when it stopped. People don't need much of an excuse as we all know, but a gesture such as this would be massive in my eyes, and might entice them to jump on board in more tways than one.

The issue of actually getting to the match is too big to ignore or have a passive opinion about. It could be made cost effective and could establish habits (which we all love); a captive crew so as to speak.

Leaving it to the supporters club to sort out is certainly not the way forward. It's gestures like this that need to be addressed to get the wider public interested again. at the very least the idea could provide CIC members with something to vote for (or against).

Looks like some news on this has just arrived .... Well done .... it is important!

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 am

herts_darlo wrote:
collett_for_england wrote: The point I'm making is there's no receipt of transaction. If I transfer X amount I want proof of the amount and that I have X shares in darlo1883 / cic / whatever (I'm still not sure what is what).
I realise this and can only apologise - however, we have had more than 500 emails through in the last 2 weeks, with more than 200 individual members of the CIC.

Every single one of these has to be individually matched to a Paypal or a bank transfer and logged with name, address etc. details. In addition to this there have been over 100 queries.

It has not been a small undertaking, but we are finally getting back up to date with it (there are about 10 emails still to be dealt with), after a backlog. I am hoping to send transactional receipts to every matched member over the coming few days, but there are many (many!) other things which also require attention too.
I made my donation last Thursday with a bank transfer and so far have recieved no reply. Im not too concerend as appriciate there is a lot going on, just worried my money may not have made it to the correct place, any way I can check this?

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:22 am

Have we any investments from businesses yet ? or are we still trying to get them involved, as i understood previously that certain businesses were showing intrest or promises like the Northern Echo etc. but i have not seen anything lately relating to this.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 am

Quakerade wrote:Have we any investments from businesses yet ? or are we still trying to get them involved, as i understood previously that certain businesses were showing intrest or promises like the Northern Echo etc. but i have not seen anything lately relating to this.
No.

Sponsorship packages and prices have been finalised and we'll be asking business to come on board in that way.

The whole £10K from 10 businesses or whatever is dead in the water.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 am

Just looking at the sponsorship packages offered by Spennymoor. Hits home how much Bishop 'win' from this ground share. If they hadn't sorted them already they can probably hike their prices for their Stadium & Individual Stand sponsorships if they wanted with so many more people in attendance and so much more coverage of Heritage Park.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:12 am

lo36789 wrote:Just looking at the sponsorship packages offered by Spennymoor. Hits home how much Bishop 'win' from this ground share. If they hadn't sorted them already they can probably hike their prices for their Stadium & Individual Stand sponsorships if they wanted with so many more people in attendance and so much more coverage of Heritage Park.
And to be honest I wouldn't begrudge them that in the slightest. They've helped us out let's not forget so they should have the opportunity to do this sort of stuff.