1883 Badge

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quaker-Razz
Team Supported: Darlington

1883 Badge

Post by Quaker-Razz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 pm

I've noticed, on the photos of the new shirts and hats on the facebook site, alot of resentment toward the 1883 badge....perhaps we should have a competition to design a new one, winner obviously gets his/her design on the kit?

I understand this may be too late for this season but something to look forward to for next year?

£1 per entry to raise money too?

hope i'm not upsetting the designer of the current 1883 badge btw
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

Robbie Painter

Re: 1883 Badge

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 pm

it's all about opinion
Last edited by Robbie Painter on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:The club crest is also an absolute abomination, worst reproduction of it since the soccerdome shirts.

Another item to add fuck up list.
This!
Seems more effort and expense has gone into the 1883 badge than getting the crest right.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 am

I realise that we are a fledgling club and that inexperience is around us but we can do better than this.

I hate to criticise as this is us now, but why are decisions being made without using the expertise available from previous involvement with the club? People only need to ask.

The t shirts and polo shirts will do a job and no doubt cost very little to produce, but to look at them you can tell. You need to supply what people want and I am afraid I doubt many will want the ones shown.

Meanwhile we have a former supplier of the club, ran by a darlo fan, based in darlo, who could have done them cheaply with full colour embroidery for a knock down price. Hell we have the Uncovered FC merchandise with full colour embriodery.

Also I am not keen on the whole 1883 route. I know I am whinging but it is 7am so sod off ;) But I support Darlington Football Club, 1883 was a route to take over Darlington Football Club. When Singh bought the club we did not start selling Darlngton 2009 T Shirts. If they want 1883 on stuff then at least have some proper design rather than a box with numbers in.

As I said previously, I don't like criticising ourselves but I feel that if I have an opinion on something I should still express it as going forward we do not need to be inexperienced and make mistakes. People are here who can help and have done all of this work previously, I don't me mean here, I mean printers, designers, website developers etc.

anyway I said to myself last night I would bite my tongue, didn't last long did it!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:29 am

Ive got to admit there seems to be massive push on getting things out as quickly as possible instead of doing them once and doing it right.

The new items are an example of that. Do things once. Make sure the embroided logo is right i.e. not one single colour. We have a brand to keep, or at least I hope we do.

I was never a fan of 1883 branded stuff either.

Please, please, please can we use the experience we have around us e.g. Robbo at Screentech, instead of jumping in with 2 feet.

For the sake of waiting till its right, you get the maximum benefit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

TS3

Post by TS3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 am

+1 to uncovered and Hilly's posts.

I realise that DFC will be looking to sell stuff tomorrow to bring money in, but let's not be too hasty.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 am

What I find amazing is when the chips were really down a bunch of fans got together and formed the DFC rescue group to save us, no one else was there and we did our best but sadly we failed, since then new people have popped up and its as if the previous ones have now been forgotten and as these new people have little history of the club they go with the ones who shouts the loudest. There is now no need to rush we are a groundless phoenix (like) club playing in the northern league there is no need for the panicked efforts to run the club like a professional football league club. Normal NL clubs like the RA let the manager sort out the football matters and match day tickets pay for the running of the club. I know we have the historic debt but hay was this another rushed decision and proves the point.

Lets look at the elections for the full 1883 board and could we have some long standing fans putting them selves up for “directors”. long standing people who have shown they know the DFC score, Divas, Scott, Hilly, Doug, Robbo, hell even Quakerz, where are you lets be having you.

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:37 am

as unfortunate as it may be, we have had to get used to waiting for things to happen....and wouldn't have minded waiting a little while longer for the sake of quality.....in an effort to rid ourselves of this, i think the 1883 board have gone too fast, gone from one extreme to the other, and sadly it hasn't worked.

I praise them for their efforts in doing so, especially given the time constraints, but darlo fans know first and foremost that rome wasn't built in a day....and we never expected anything similar
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am

I suppose the only problem is, if they WERE taking their time on these things, the OTHER half of our fanbase on here would be whinging that they're taking too long, and it'll be too late, and it'll just be like Errea / Fordy / every other season.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:03 am

ted_do wrote:What I find amazing is when the chips were really down a bunch of fans got together and formed the DFC rescue group to save us, no one else was there and we did our best but sadly we failed, since then new people have popped up and its as if the previous ones have now been forgotten and as these new people have little history of the club they go with the ones who shouts the loudest. There is now no need to rush we are a groundless phoenix (like) club playing in the northern league there is no need for the panicked efforts to run the club like a professional football league club. Normal NL clubs like the RA let the manager sort out the football matters and match day tickets pay for the running of the club. I know we have the historic debt but hay was this another rushed decision and proves the point.

Lets look at the elections for the full 1883 board and could we have some long standing fans putting them selves up for “directors”. long standing people who have shown they know the DFC score, Divas, Scott, Hilly, Doug, Robbo, hell even Quakerz, where are you lets be having you.
ted_do - Criticise the actions of the 1883 board, hope they take it onboard and do better going forward but don't question the motives or commitment of the current board or "new people" who have "little history of the club" as you condescendingly & incorrectly call them.

Your post is a insult to all the hard work & countless hours they have put in over the past few months on behalf of all of us which means we'll be watching Darlo play next season.
Last edited by Robbie Painter on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:09 am

Robbie Painter wrote:
ted_do wrote:What I find amazing is when the chips were really down a bunch of fans got together and formed the DFC rescue group to save us, no one else was there and we did our best but sadly we failed, since then new people have popped up and its as if the previous ones have now been forgotten and as these new people have little history of the club they go with the ones who shouts the loudest. There is now no need to rush we are a groundless phoenix (like) club playing in the northern league there is no need for the panicked efforts to run the club like a professional football league club. Normal NL clubs like the RA let the manager sort out the football matters and match day tickets pay for the running of the club. I know we have the historic debt but hay was this another rushed decision and proves the point.

ted_do - Criticise the actions of the 1883 board, hope they take it onboard and do better going forward but don't question the motives or commitment of the current board or "new people" who have "little history of the club" as you condescendingly & incorrectly call them.

Your post is a fucking insult to all the hard work & countless hours they have put in over the past few months on behalf of all of us which means we'll be watching Darlo play next season.
Well said RP.

I'm not a fan of the 1883 badge, but my mate is so who knows, it might sell. I'm sure lessons will be learnt as we progress.

uncovered
Site Admin

1883 Badge

Post by uncovered » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:29 am

[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/5c28fd26-2abf-931c.jpg[/img][img]http://img.tapatalk.com/5c28fd26-2b73-2591.jpg[/img]

An example of the uncovered crest on our shorts. All done by screentech on Albert hill.

Thus just reminds me if the online club shop launch. Hilly designed the 1883 sites, I brought him into the rescue group at Blackwell earlier this year so had plenty of knowledge of what is happening, yet was not asked to help out.

Simple stuff but it is like we are starting from scratch yet we have people still around with loads of experience of working with football clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 am

Robbie Painter wrote:

Your post is a fucking insult to all the hard work & countless hours they have put in over the past few months on behalf of all of us which means we'll be watching Darlo play next season.
Ok I take all that on the chin, I still think SOME new people do have little history and this could be improved ( I did not mention or mean the whole 1883 board but could have phrased it better :thumbdown: ), I am also not saying SACK THE BOARD or anything its just there will be some positions on the board this summer and I was hoping that some long standing fans would apply. Thats all no big deal :thumbup:

Sorry if it upsets people but as its Ted_do I am sure some have a view on what is ment before even opening and reading the post.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

ted_do wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

Ok I take all that on the chin, I still think SOME new people do have little history and this could be improved ( I did not mention or mean the whole 1883 board could have phrased it better :thumbdown: ), I am also not saying SACK THE BOARD or anything its just there will be some positions on the board this summer and I was hoping that some long standing fans would apply. Thats all no big deal :thumbup:

Sorry if it upsets people but as its Ted_do I am sure some have a view on what is ment before even opening and reading the post.
You're a s*** stirring little wanker ted, you haven't had a productive or constructive idea in your life yet feel qualified to groundlessly berate the folk who are at least trying.

Give this 'everyone hates me' routine a rest as well. You get grief because of the posts like the one you've made above, posts that single you out as a typical small time wanker who is quick enough to deride anyone's attempts but has done fuck all to help himself.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 am

ted_do wrote: Sorry if it upsets people but as its Ted_do I am sure some have a view on what is ment before even opening and reading the post.
I think people criticise your posts more because of the content than because of who wrote them.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:40 am

Ok then I say "new people pop up” and then get an expletive riddled reply referring to the “ current board”

Anyway, strange fish on this MB

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 am

ted_do wrote:Ok then I say "new people pop up” and then get an expletive riddled reply referring to the “ current board”

Anyway, strange fish on this MB
And you're the worst of the lot.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:49 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:
ted_do wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

Ok I take all that on the chin, I still think SOME new people do have little history and this could be improved ( I did not mention or mean the whole 1883 board could have phrased it better :thumbdown: ), I am also not saying SACK THE BOARD or anything its just there will be some positions on the board this summer and I was hoping that some long standing fans would apply. Thats all no big deal :thumbup:

You're a s*** stirring little wanker ted, you haven't had a productive or constructive idea in your life yet feel qualified to groundlessly berate the folk who are at least trying.

Give this 'everyone hates me' routine a rest as well. You get grief because of the posts like the one you've made above, posts that single you out as a typical small time wanker who is quick enough to deride anyone's attempts but has done fuck all to help himself.
:lol: :lol: Classic :lol: :lol: Just change the name ted to Jaz and the cap fits.

As I have said before your some boy :thumbup:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

Find me an example of where I've slated or criticised the people running the club and you'll have a point.

Until then, youre a s*** stirring wanker and you've just made a lazy attempt at turning my valid criticisms of you back on to me.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 am

Cap still fits mate,,, whats the weather like down London...nice????.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:03 am

ted_do wrote:Cap still fits mate,,, whats the weather like down London...nice????.
Nah it doesn't, you're just trying to deflect from the fact I've royally called you out.

Weathers rubbish down here, how about up there?

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Just some quick info:

Shirts were produced by a local Darlo fan who could turn them around in quick time for the open day at Bishop tomorrow at short notice.

Robbo, have you contacted the current board to let them know what you do and what you can offer? Not a dig but i believe this is exactly how the current supplier got involved. As the board had someone to hand who could turn it around it was a no brainer to get him to produce some samples, which is essentially what these are, no one has ordered hundreds that we'll never shift. If they are unpopular with fans and do not sell then we can go down another route.

There are too many Darlo fans waiting to be spoon fed, we need people to be proactive and contact the board if they have something they can offer. The comment by Wylam Rangers the other week summed it up for me when he said he'd not join the CIC until he was send a personal email to invite him to invest. This is our club now, we'll get out of it what we put into it, nothing more, nothing less. We're not putting money into the pocket of a mega-lo-maniac chairman anymore but we also don't have that person with a big bank account willing to bankroll the club and pay a large staff. We need to be canny and anyone who can be an asset needs to step forward.

IMO there is an issue with clarity around things from the board currently, if decisions such as this were explained a bit more then people may be a bit more tolerant. I've fed this back and hopefully we'll see a change. I really think that at the moment the board are that fearful of messing up and being criticised that it's having a detrimental effect.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:45 pm

divas wrote:Just some quick info:

Shirts were produced by a local Darlo fan who could turn them around in quick time for the open day at Bishop tomorrow at short notice.

Robbo, have you contacted the current board to let them know what you do and what you can offer? Not a dig but i believe this is exactly how the current supplier got involved. As the board had someone to hand who could turn it around it was a no brainer to get him to produce some samples, which is essentially what these are, no one has ordered hundreds that we'll never shift. If they are unpopular with fans and do not sell then we can go down another route.
I've asked Robbo for prices and I've since passed them onto Tori.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Hilly wrote:
divas wrote:Just some quick info:

I've asked Robbo for prices and I've since passed them onto Tori.
Sorted. If the board don't know they can't act. Hopefully the fans panel can add valuable input such as this going forward.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:19 pm

What about the 'volunteer' register that was set up? Although not specifically 'volunteering' as I'm sure Robbo or others running businesses wouldn't neccessarily want to offer some services free of charge, were services 'advertised' on that thread?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 pm

To be honest I didnt put myself forward since my details were held by the club anyway, both for work done and sponsorships over the years. Besides which, its only been recently that they have been talking about merchandise and Tori said at the CIC forum that she had MI Supplies involved already and I know they do usually have a good reputation.

Markodarlo

1883 Badge

Post by Markodarlo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Why all the input into the 1883 badge? The club name may not even include 1883 yet?