I know why the FA have been so keen to shaft us

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Spyman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:31 pm

It is all down to Sam Russell breaking the Trophy last season.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dfc1883

Re: I know why the FA have been so keen to shaft us

Post by dfc1883 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:36 pm

I think it's because they are responsible for letting clubs like us be destroyed by chairmen that they haven't vetted properly.

It's their fault so what's the best way to hide it? Relegate us into oblivion and make us change our name so all will be forgotten? Darlington Who?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 pm

I can't help but think back to 2009.

I can clearly remember whoever was interviewed on Sky saying to the affect; 'Darlington FC have not contacted about going into administration. With other clubs in the same position, we work with the clubs to assist them as and where possible. Mr Houghton has not contacted us'. I remember this because I can't get the smug grin on his face, even though I can't remember who it was.

When Raj plunged us into the mire once more, I very much doubt that the FA would have known anything either.

I am just wondering if they are remembering back to the last time, and thinking hey guys, keep us out of the loop. Well, we're going to f*** you up over it.

Just how it seems to be in my head from their perspective.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm

dfc1883 wrote:I think it's because they are responsible for letting clubs like us be destroyed by chairmen that they haven't vetted properly.

It's their fault so what's the best way to hide it? Relegate us into oblivion and make us change our name so all will be forgotten? Darlington Who?
^This^ is the reason.

It comes down to the fact that the FA's fit and proper persons test is a farce. Even the Government thought it was a joke. It's in the notes of the DCMS report into Football Governance - they actually state that they failed to find a way that anybody could fail the fit and proper persons test!

The FA are too spineless to reform it because they don't want to scare off the likes of Mansour or Thaksin from putting money into the game. Tightening football ownership would stop crooks like Houghton from asset stripping local clubs, but closing that loophole also means the Premiership and FA could miss out on opportunities to line their pockets a bit more from foreign owners. For that reason they won't do it.

Anyone notice how most of the FA's rules around CVA and reinstation in the league following admin are geared towards helping out the major shareholders (Singh, Houghton etc.) rather than the clubs themselves? They're the ones they want to protect because that's where the money is for them.

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Proof of the FA-Squared's failed "Fit and Proper Person Test"....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18450000

Also, @fat_tony, you are indeed correct.
If we had been bought out by a mega-rich Sheik who owned half of Dubai the FA-Squared would be fawning over him like royal footmen - yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir...whilst rolling hands, bowing, laying out a red carpet and even providing "wipers" should it be necessary for him to do a Number 2 whilst at Wembley.

anus

Post by anus » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Not entirely football related I know, but I've also just had a number 2. Not at wembley but on the toilet in my hallway whilst reading the messageboard via tapatalk. Hopefully the wife doesn't enter the room within 15 mins!

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:58 pm

anus wrote:Not entirely football related I know, but I've also just had a number 2. Not at wembley but on the toilet in my hallway whilst reading the messageboard via tapatalk. Hopefully the wife doesn't enter the room within 15 mins!
Great comedy timing! :lol:
Nobody else on the Messageboard could have added a better reply :thumbup: