posters for games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

posters for games

Post by onewayup » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 am

hi, i've spoken to a couple of shopkeepers in the north end of darlo who will put up posters for games and club info,when and if some are runup i'll pick them up and distribute them ,i'll also try and get local village stores to put some up , i,e midd -st -geo, sadberge, hurworth, and the like.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: posters for games

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:44 am

would be good if some could be put up around the town centre.. cornmill, dolphin centre etc

craig_mckenna
Team Supported: Newcastle

Post by craig_mckenna » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:24 pm

We were talking about exactly this on Sunday at the board meeting and we are looking for around 40 windows in town who would be willing to carry posters.

We will need someone who is willing to design them for us though, any offers?
It is imperative that they look credible and professional.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Are you looking at a poster per game or maybe a "games over the next 3 months" semi fixtures list.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 pm

craig_mckenna wrote:We were talking about exactly this on Sunday at the board meeting and we are looking for around 40 windows in town who would be willing to carry posters.

Have a word with Scott on here. We've had them produced and hosted here as pdf A4s. Very good they were too. Must be in the archives somewhere and would make a useful template.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 pm

If theres a template, it may well be easier to just rebrand that current stock, timescale wise.

If you looking starting afresh, Im happy to pull something together. I helped Divas with the open day Flyer between studio jobs.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
craig_mckenna wrote:We were talking about exactly this on Sunday at the board meeting and we are looking for around 40 windows in town who would be willing to carry posters.

Have a word with Scott on here. We've had them produced and hosted here as pdf A4s. Very good they were too. Must be in the archives somewhere and would make a useful template.
Hilly is your man - he did a great poster round about feb/mar this year.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

Hilly is your man - he did a great poster round about feb/mar this year.
Whatever is easiest, im here if you need me

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

What about doing a bunch of them as A5 leaflets, and posting them through peoples letterboxes?

I'm sure there are enough people on here to be able to print them off on our own printers, maybe take an estate each which is near to where you live and post to all of the houses on that estate.

I think we could go a long way to covering the whole of Darlington.

How many people in town buy the echo? and how many people in this town visit this website? ... after that there's no actual way of finding out about our fixtures than word of mouth... and we don't get a good press by word of mouth. We're probably missing out on telling 88,000 people or so about this club on a regular basis, and a flyer drop should at least get some positive information out there.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 pm

dfc1883 wrote:What about doing a bunch of them as A5 leaflets, and posting them through peoples letterboxes?

I'm sure there are enough people on here to be able to print them off on our own printers, maybe take an estate each which is near to where you live and post to all of the houses on that estate.

I think we could go a long way to covering the whole of Darlington.

How many people in town buy the echo? and how many people in this town visit this website? ... after that there's no actual way of finding out about our fixtures than word of mouth... and we don't get a good press by word of mouth. We're probably missing out on telling 88,000 people or so about this club on a regular basis, and a flyer drop should at least get some positive information out there.
Why not have have an eflyer and send it to all the contacts on the trusts new updated database from the vote and the CIC members as well. I love brain storming.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I've still got the designs which I did during Feb / March - would just need updating with the new fixtures. Easy enough to do.

Had a request from Pete Ashmore to make a few amends to a previous poster so I'll have a dig around for it.

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:Why not have have an eflyer and send it to all the contacts on the trusts new updated database from the vote and the CIC members as well. I love brain storming.
That too, but that would be to people who already know. It's also easier to ignore an email than it is to ignore a flyer through your door.

DAVEB9R25S2

Post by DAVEB9R25S2 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:02 pm

I COULD PUT SOME IN OUR TAXI OFFICE INSIDE DARLINGTON STATION AND ON WINDOW

craig_mckenna

Post by craig_mckenna » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:17 pm

I am liking some of these ideas and offers of help.
What we need is to be able to get the key messages to the fans who don't read the Echo or come on here.
Leaflets and posters would be an effective way to do this.
Let me chew over how best to make this happen and come back on here later!

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:25 pm

craig_mckenna wrote:I am liking some of these ideas and offers of help.
What we need is to be able to get the key messages to the fans who don't read the Echo or come on here.
Leaflets and posters would be an effective way to do this.
Let me chew over how best to make this happen and come back on here later!
Everyone in the town gets the 'free' paper once a week why not put some flyers in there
M I C R A 3

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 pm

let me know when ready and where to pick them up from and i'll do my upmost to get as many in as many prominant positions around the area including village's around darlington as i can. .

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Do you not think that anyone who wouldn't be bothered to look up who we were playing would be interested in trekking to bishop to watch a NL1 game?

Probably better off promoting round bishop to try and pick up some new local fans IMO

craig_mckenna

Post by craig_mckenna » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Divas, I dont see the posters just as a route to get people to the matches.
They will be used almost as notice boards and will carry contact info, match info, forum and CIC info as well any other fund raising info that we need shared.
Not all posters will carry all the messages though.

We are getting feedback from the Echo that they are being contacted by fans who dont know where to get relevant info as they aren't able to get online. We need to try and be as inclusive as we can and try and reach out to all the fans.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm

craig_mckenna wrote:Divas, I dont see the posters just as a route to get people to the matches.
They will be used almost as notice boards and will carry contact info, match info, forum and CIC info as well any other fund raising info that we need shared.

We are getting feedback from the Echo that they are being contacted by fans who dont know where to get relevant info as they aren't able to get online. We need to try and be as inclusive as we can and try and reach out to all the fans.
Have you looked into the weekly free paper option as mentioned earlier in the thread?

It (supposedly) gets delivered to every household in the Borough so people don't have to go online, buy the Echo, go into one of the shops displaying posters or even listen or watch the local media.

A quarter page advert in there, sponsored by one of the new businesses you are pitching to at the business breakfast?

Tony
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

craig_mckenna

Post by craig_mckenna » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi Tony,

Hope all is well!
We have a number of things that will be going out in the free paper as well.
Some ads, some leaflets.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote: Have you looked into the weekly free paper option as mentioned earlier in the thread?

It (supposedly) gets delivered to every household in the Borough so people don't have to go online, buy the Echo, go into one of the shops displaying posters or even listen or watch the local media.

A quarter page advert in there, sponsored by one of the new businesses you are pitching to at the business breakfast?

Tony
Thats our estate that wont get hit then, never had a free paper round here in 7 years.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:03 pm

craig_mckenna wrote:Divas, I dont see the posters just as a route to get people to the matches.

That's very similar to what Pete is after with the poster I've just sent him. If you're basically looking for various 'blank' posters where people can write various messages, I'm sure I can come up with a few.

Might need to get some pictures of the new players mind! Only so many times you can use Wainy / Lidds etc...!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm

you've got to speculate to accumulate , posters inform of where and when,got to be a good chance
of picking some lost fans up along the way,

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Sure these ideas are on the cards but leaflets through doors or leaflets in Advertiser with the below info.

Looking from an outside point of view, be good to let people know.

1.) When the games are on
2.) How do I get to the game, Directions for Driving/Bus Timetables/pick up options and Train details.
3.) How do I get my ticket in advance or on the day.
4.) Hard to do, but some people like to telephone to maybe book a seat on a bus and a ticket for the match. With a drop off point close to home - Is this possible.

Basically to entice them along we have to make it easy for people. Although not sure if all of the above is cost effective in terms of extra numbers v's cost.

Easy for me to say but local pubs arranging regular mini-buses to Bishop and back could work but the onus is DFC fans in there local arranging this and putting up posters and being a contact to arrange. Little branches of DFC groups in each pub, although these days a lot of people like to travel on their own/small groups.

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 pm

A bit of info about fundraising events could help get some interest going too as they are more likely to be local.

How to sign up for the Prize draw too could be a nice idea.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Prize draw one would be great, I think that has big potential. Just a flyer on its own with the draw details. As long as its fairly easy for people to sign up I think it could fly.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Guru, the Voodoo cafe and Andy Park`s aunties paper shop in the town always happy to put up posters, also paper shop in indoor market only charges 50p a week for putting a poster up, goes to guide dogs for the blind. My front window also always has posters up, on short cut to Darlington College

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 pm

charlie wrote:Guru, the Voodoo cafe and Andy Park`s aunties paper shop in the town always happy to put up posters, also paper shop in indoor market only charges 50p a week for putting a poster up, goes to guide dogs for the blind. My front window also always has posters up, on short cut to Darlington College
The indoor market is a good place. i guess for the small shops depends on the size of the poster. The other places are the public sector places like SLC,ISA, Mowden, Colleges which usually have a social notice board although the people at these places will be IT literate generally.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Should the posters have QR Codes on them? Scan for directions to the ground, or something? I believe this is what all the cool kids are doing now.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 pm

mikkyx wrote:Should the posters have QR Codes on them? Scan for directions to the ground, or something? I believe this is what all the cool kids are doing now.
Nobody uses QR codes. Theyre a complete fad in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2