New banner

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

New banner

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:24 am

Excellent, back to using the name that we legally own and have a right to use. :clap:

Some would consider it trolling, to them I say "good".

Send the FuckingArseholes a link.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

lo36789

Re: New banner

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:48 pm

...i know some people get het up that it's just a name...

butttttttt...will we be Darlington FC or Darlington 1883 FC on the banner of the new official website!?

My personal request would be, Darlington FC and then underneath "est. 1883" just to clarify our position...

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 am

Even that spam bot is more interesting and relevant than lo36789

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:59 am

lo36789 wrote:...i know some people get het up that it's just a name...
it worked like a calling.

Some people care about the name, others (obv. incl. you) don't.

jacka1960

Post by jacka1960 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 am

Quakerz wrote:Excellent, back to using the name that we legally own and have a right to use. :clap:

Some would consider it trolling, to them I say "good".

Send the FuckingArseholes a link.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:clap: Not so much trolling as "aquainting them with the facts" :clap:
where we play in the short term isn't an issue....the fact we are playing at all is important!!
Founder Member 1883CIC
Come on Darlo :)

collett_for_england

Post by collett_for_england » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 am

lo36789 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:...i know some people get het up that it's just a name...
it worked like a calling.

Some people care about the name, others (obv. incl. you) don't.
I don't care about the name, sorry, I just don't.

Actually I take that back, I'm not sorry.

1883 / FC / whatever.

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:39 pm

I can't see any point in using Darlington 1883 apart from as a trading name or if, it is insisted upon on pain of a fine, in fixture lists etc. I'm glad the Uncovered banner is a defiant "Darlington FC." That is what we are, what we paid for and I do care because anything else adds insult to injury.

Hopefully the local media and the new official site will follow suit and stick two fingers up to this nonsense.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:54 pm

I care about the name as it's linked to so many fond memories of me and my dad watching Darlo back in the 70's

One thing I've learned I'd that if you persist with something people give up. We should stubbornly stick to calling ourselves Darlington FC at every possible opportunity - the FA will give up and get bored and move onto another victim / gravy train soon enough.

To quote Kevin kegan I would love it if at some point in the future we draw man utd in the cup and get global exposure to shout loud and proud about our name / history and show the FA up as the bungling outfit we all know they are

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:I care about the name as it's linked to so many fond memories of me and my dad watching Darlo back in the 70's

One thing I've learned I'd that if you persist with something people give up. We should stubbornly stick to calling ourselves Darlington FC at every possible opportunity - the FA will give up and get bored and move onto another victim / gravy train soon enough.

To quote Kevin kegan I would love it if at some point in the future we draw man utd in the cup and get global exposure to shout loud and proud about our name / history and show the FA up as the bungling outfit we all know they are

FC United in the FA trophy is still a bit of a way off.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:26 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:I care about the name as it's linked to so many fond memories of me and my dad watching Darlo back in the 70's

FC United in the FA trophy is still a bit of a way off.
It's a lot bloody closer than it was 6 months ago ..... ;)