Arena

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

sada8022
Team Supported: Darlington

Arena

Post by sada8022 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 am

It mentioned on the north east news this morning that there were a couple of parties interested in using it, i only caught the back end. Does anyone have any more info on this or was i half asleep.

divas

Re: Arena

Post by divas » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 am

sada8022 wrote:It mentioned on the north east news this morning that there were a couple of parties interested in using it, i only caught the back end. Does anyone have any more info on this or was i half asleep.
Missed it this morning but there was an interview on Ali Brownlee's Tees breakfast show so try catching the podcast when it goes up. Alternatively i think it's scheduled to be on again at 6pm this evening.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Drove past the arena this morning - noticed the flags are still flying. Who do they belong to - any chance of getting the club flag and putting it on a flagpole at Bishop for our home games?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Breifly two parties have put forward proprosals for the stadium, Philip Scott said it could be used as a sports or events venue but any development would need the councils support, he also stated that informal talks had been held with the council but there is nothing concrete yet.

Hopefully a quick resolution is made and it is not left to rot.

Personally I couldn't care less what they do with it.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Personally i hope it sits empty and rots
Or gets burnt down
or gets stripped bare by the gypos

just to piss the arseholes at DBC off.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

You'll never piss off DBC, at the end of the day they couldn't give a monkeys but they'll come out waving the flags and upping the team when we are doing well.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:22 pm

quaker4life wrote:Breifly two parties have put forward proprosals for the stadium, Philip Scott said it could be used as a sports or events venue but any development would need the councils support, he also stated that informal talks had been held with the council but there is nothing concrete yet.

I'd like to think that there would be a way of the club getting a couple of quid out of a proposal, that was on the cards in January, though that may be out of the window now.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 am

Quakerz wrote:
quaker4life wrote:Breifly two parties have put forward proprosals for the stadium, Philip Scott said it could be used as a sports or events venue but any development would need the councils support, he also stated that informal talks had been held with the council but there is nothing concrete yet.

I'd like to think that there would be a way of the club getting a couple of quid out of a proposal, that was on the cards in January, though that may be out of the window now.
The best way of getting anything out of it would have been/might yet be as sitting tennants.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 am

Darl-Zero wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

The best way of getting anything out of it would have been/might yet be as sitting tennants.
Well it's probably the only way we're going to be able to return to Darlington in the short term, notwithstanding a rich benefactor/fan who fancies donating a couple of million to assist with a new build that is.
COME ON DARLO!

carver30

Post by carver30 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:07 am

I can see us back there in some guise next season sharing with others on a community based sports hub. Speaking with Bill Dixon about Blackwell Meadows he just cant see it happening. So unless we have £2-£3m to build a new stadium which we dont and with S&S obvioulsy realising they are not going to be able to develop the arena for anything but sport I honestly think once the newness of going to Bishop wears off then people will be callling to go back to the Arena. Managed properly it could still be a success its just always been managed by partime chairman in the past.

anus

Post by anus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:40 am

Is there any updates on what's hapening with Mowden Rugby Club at West Park. For me this always seemed to be the better option, especially with them potentially starting to build within the next 12 months (or so I was told).
Although going back to the Arena may never be ruled out, I really hope it doesn't come to that as I hate the place.
It was bad enough playing the likes of Gateshead on a freezing cold Tueday night with their 150 travelling fans, but the thought of going to watch the likes of Celtic Nation come to visit with their 3 away followers would be painful!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:41 pm

carver30 wrote:I can see us back there in some guise next season sharing with others on a community based sports hub. Speaking with Bill Dixon about Blackwell Meadows he just cant see it happening. So unless we have £2-£3m to build a new stadium which we dont and with S&S obvioulsy realising they are not going to be able to develop the arena for anything but sport I honestly think once the newness of going to Bishop wears off then people will be callling to go back to the Arena. Managed properly it could still be a success its just always been managed by partime chairman in the past.
FAO Scott & Sizer please demolish that thing ASAP, the sooner all talk of returning to that White Elephant is put to bed the better.

It'd be like going to a doctor who's operated on you and removed a large tumor and asking him if you could have it back.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:54 pm

quaker4life wrote:
carver30 wrote:I can see us back there in some guise next season sharing with others on a community based sports hub. Speaking with Bill Dixon about Blackwell Meadows he just cant see it happening. So unless we have £2-£3m to build a new stadium which we dont and with S&S obvioulsy realising they are not going to be able to develop the arena for anything but sport I honestly think once the newness of going to Bishop wears off then people will be callling to go back to the Arena. Managed properly it could still be a success its just always been managed by partime chairman in the past.
FAO Scott & Sizer please demolish that thing ASAP, the sooner all talk of returning to that White Elephant is put to bed the better.

It'd be like going to a doctor who's operated on you and removed a large tumor and asking him if you could have it back.
We get it.

Change the record you obsessive cocksucker.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

We get it.

Change the record you obsessive cocksucker.
If I changed the record I wouldn't have the pleasure of your witty replies Jazz :wave: