Players Leave!!!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Paul2525
Team Supported: Darlington

Players Leave!!!!

Post by Paul2525 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 pm

http://www.darlington-fc.net/page/NewsD ... 05,00.html

The bit about Devitt is intresting, quoted as saying he wants to stay, then Staunton saying that he wanted to go back to Hull, also Gall has been released.

Shieldsy

Re: Players Leave!!!!

Post by Shieldsy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Disappointed about Gall to be honest. I thought he had done enough to earn another deal.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Official Site

"We're disappointed we couldn't convince Jamie to stay a bit longer," said Quakers boss Steve Staunton.

"I spoke to Phil Brown and he was happy for us to extend the loan, but Jamie has his own ambitions to break in to Hull's first team, so we wish him all the best."

The Northern Echo

"I look to enjoy myself when I play football. I’ve really enjoyed it and the fans here seem to appreciate my style of play but it’s now down to the manager and what Hull’s plans are for me."

"I definitely want to stay here if I can. First team football is good for my development whereas at Hull I’d probably go back to the reserves or whatever." - Jamie Devitt

What the fuck?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:19 pm

one of thems talking shite!!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Shieldsy wrote:Disappointed about Gall to be honest. I thought he had done enough to earn another deal.
Me too :thumbdown:

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:41 pm

That's two of the best - so the replacements had better be bloody good!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :shock: :shock: :o :o :crazy: :crazy:

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 pm

the way i look at it, is that SS must have somebody lined up thats better to come in, and if thats the case then that'll do me, a striker that could score 1 in 4 or better would be a start.

i must admit i am surprised tho as he wasnt a loan signing so gave us extra depth to the squad - obviously SS thinks the budget is better spent elsewhere

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:That's two of the best - so the replacements had better be bloody good!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :shock: :shock: :o :o :crazy: :crazy:
like has been said - if you count gall as one of the best, that tells you exactly why were bottom of the league. its not really gonna take a "bloody good" player to better galls scoring ratio

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Hilly wrote:Official Site

"We're disappointed we couldn't convince Jamie to stay a bit longer," said Quakers boss Steve Staunton.

"I spoke to Phil Brown and he was happy for us to extend the loan, but Jamie has his own ambitions to break in to Hull's first team, so we wish him all the best."

The Northern Echo

"I look to enjoy myself when I play football. I’ve really enjoyed it and the fans here seem to appreciate my style of play but it’s now down to the manager and what Hull’s plans are for me."

"I definitely want to stay here if I can. First team football is good for my development whereas at Hull I’d probably go back to the reserves or whatever." - Jamie Devitt

What the f***?
Confusing! Maybe if Devitt doesn't get near the Hull first team then he might come back. I'm clutching at straws but he is a cracking player

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:47 pm

For all Gall has worked his socks off he hasnt really looked like scoring in games, does alot of running and certainly puts a shift in, but goals is something we need to stay up and in Kevin Gall your not going to get many, wish the lad all the best but i cant see him playing in the football league now, he's failed at the team placed 92 out of 92

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 pm

If the site quote is right and Phil Brown was happy to let Devitt stay here on loan then I don't think he'll be troubling the Hull first team any time soon, a big shame and I'll be keeping an eye out for him wherever he does end up playing.

Gall was a tricky one, but when push comes to shove he never looked like scoring goals. I'm grateful for the massive effort he put in but we can't afford to have strikers with no end product at this stage. I expect to see him somewhere around the BSP soon, at Chester maybe?

Best of luck to both of them.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Gall has gone eh? Good to see the manager can spot somebody that is not good enough, rather than listening to know nowt tossers that think Gall is worth keeping.

He must have somebody better than Gall (hooray) lined up to come in.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:27 pm

I think it would have been quite surprising if SS listened to people on here when making decisions about the club, dont you Quakerz?

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:28 pm

I wonder how many that are currently under contract SS would like to get rid of too!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:I think it would have been quite surprising if SS listened to people on here when making decisions about the club, dont you Quakerz?
Just as fucking well really, like I said.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:21 pm

divas wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:That's two of the best - so the replacements had better be bloody good!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :shock: :shock: :o :o :crazy: :crazy:
like has been said - if you count gall as one of the best, that tells you exactly why were bottom of the league. its not really gonna take a "bloody good" player to better galls scoring ratio
Yeh but he does run around a lot.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

ham

Post by ham » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Spyman are you shagging Quakerz arse or what

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:06 pm

ham wrote:Spyman are you shagging Quakerz arse or what
eh?

So because I hold the factually correct opinion that Gall is s***, and Quakerz shares that opinion, I am "shagging his arse"?

Did you get up on the wrong side of wylam's bed this morning?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Spyman wrote:
ham wrote:Spyman are you shagging Quakerz arse or what
eh?

So because I hold the factually correct opinion that Gall is s***, and Quakerz shares that opinion, I am "shagging his arse"?

Did you get up on the wrong side of wylam's bed this morning?
You are in a serious minority "Oats So Simple" should be your new calling card and as has been noted Quackers has the ultimate Duck's Arse!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:17 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
You are in a serious minority "Oats So Simple" should be your new calling card and as has been noted Quackers has the ultimate Duck's Arse!!
A serious minority? One that includes our manager, and the managers of several other football league clubs before.

Face it. Gall is not good enough. He may put a shift in, but its not working, its not good enough to get us out of trouble, and while the blame doesn't lie solely with him, we need better players if we are to stay up.

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:
A serious minority? One that includes our manager, and the managers of several other football league clubs before.

Face it. Gall is not good enough. He may put a shift in, but its not working, its not good enough to get us out of trouble, and while the blame doesn't lie solely with him, we need better players if we are to stay up.
I hope the replacements are "better" because it was looking good on Saturday. Tinkering can go horribly wrong.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

I hope the replacements are "better" because it was looking good on Saturday. Tinkering can go horribly wrong.
So do I. No matter how well we did on Saturday, it would be foolish to assume that we're going to maintain that performance. We've had false dawns already this season.

Unfortunately, as I said earlier, Gall was taking up a wage and not delivering enough goal-threat. We need better in the first team, and we have others on the bench who are either under contract or not taking a wage, therefore he is expendable.

DC

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:27 pm

If/when we get a proper striker in - and I've got a bit of faith in Stan on this front - I think we'll all forget Gall was ever with us.

I genuinely appreciate the hard-work he put in for us, I think he really was giving us his all in each game. And it has to be said that, in the absence of anyone else, he came in and did his job for us admirably.

But we need to put that standard of player behind us and be more ambitious if we're going to get out of this mess. Staunton has made a big call in letting Gall go but I think it will turn out to be the right one.

RH79

Post by RH79 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:02 am

At least it gives us a bit of space in the squad to bring in more/better players.