Small gripe about the players staying on the pitch !

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

StanWebbsGhost
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by StanWebbsGhost » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Heard a few fans mention it, and apologies if it's been brought up on here previously, but is it slightly miffing anyone else that the players are'nt given the opprtunity to clap the fans and vice versa at the end of games. Not difficult to come off or indeed come over then go and warm down. Just a small gripe as I say, but slightly alieniating fans from players ? :shifty: Otherwise all is well ! :clap:

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Have to admit I am not keen on the idea. The fans are hanging around waiting to clap them off but in the end just walk out. Also the stewards have the gates closed stopping fans walking across the front. They don't stay on the pitch long anyway. Hopefully it's a temporary thing.

Bogratsteve

Re: Small gripe about the players staying on the pitch !

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm

To be fair they do clap the fans but I don't suppose these guys have go used to playing infront of 1300 fans most matches and how they are supposed to act in the fans eyes, these guys are used to playing a game, warming down, getting there stuff together and then going home for tea.

Thommo looked quite shy when he was clapped off and cheered when subbed on Saturday.

May be worth someone from the board having a word with MG, all sorted quite easily.

Can't say the tinshedders are in good voice the moment, the drummer is missed badly

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Yeah Leon Scott was very sheepish when accepting his MOTM award in front of a busy bar.They'll get used to it.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:27 pm

I agree, would much rather they came off and got an ovation when deserved and then done the warm down afterwards. However I guess, it's very much warm down, shower, changed, bar or home.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:41 pm

I also agree. Against Marske the players and fans were in raptures at the end of the game. The players walked over to the tin shed and engaged the fans .... it was tremendous and heart felt, and as they walked off (briefly) they got another raptuous applause from the thrilled crowd in the stand. It only took a few minutes and didn't unduly interfere with their warm down session. Yesterday and in midweek it was a muted end. The fans were craving for an extended applause but it just didn't happen - pity like for the sake of a few minutes (if that).

They are certainly a shy bunch and like has been said, they're not used to it. The tin shed atmosphere was also a little lacking too, as has been suggested. We need something because these are very precious times and it's only the start ....

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Maybe MG can incorporate a half lap into the warm down?

Chris darlo1883

Post by Chris darlo1883 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 pm

totally agree it doesnt take much for martin to say to the players to come and clap the support. we have turned up in our numbers this year and supported the lads home and away i understand these players are not used to this as not many have played professionally but doesnt take much to give us a clap and show some apriciation for the fans.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Chris darlo1883 wrote:totally agree it doesnt take much for martin to say to the players to come and clap the support. we have turned up in our numbers this year and supported the lads home and away i understand these players are not used to this as not many have played professionally but doesnt take much to give us a clap and show some apriciation for the fans.
I agree, but lets not build this up too much as the title says it's a small Gripe. I would like the players to be a little more interactive with the fans but winning the game is my main concern.

Hopefully someone can mention it to Martin/Players, it's not a big issue but would be nice at the end of a game.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Looks like this was seen as Martin ran on the pitch at full time and pointed the players towards the away support on the far side, before they came back to the main stand. Was great to show our appreciation to the lads last night
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

quakersam wrote:Looks like this was seen as Martin ran on the pitch at full time and pointed the players towards the away support on the far side, before they came back to the main stand. Was great to show our appreciation to the lads last night
Sorted, excellent news

3BlackHoops

Post by 3BlackHoops » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Nice to see the players and Martin Gray all take well-deserved applause in Billingham today too. Looks like this is going to become a regular feature now, well done StanWebbsGhost for bringing this up. :clap:

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 am

Yes well done StanWebbsGhost ... Yesterday's final whistle was more like it. Now all we need to get sorted is a bit of continued noise from the tin shed boys. Have both drummer guys done a runner?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 am

This was brought up on another thread before this one so someone else has been denied credit lol