Radio Tees

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

micra3
Team Supported: Darlington

Radio Tees

Post by micra3 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Just finished work!

Did CT have much to say on the radio tonight :?:
M I C R A 3

Shieldsy

Re: Radio Tees

Post by Shieldsy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 pm

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Random technology rant: Why oh why must the BBC stick to sodding RealPlayer? It's as out of date as.... as.... erm.... a very out of date thing!
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Yeah its a bit of a pain. Such a shame because the iplayer site is probably the best site from the last few years.

I don't know what the PC version is like these days but at least the Mac version of Real Player doesn't worm its way into the system and starting to associate itself with all your mp3s etc.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:49 pm

TFDM wrote:Yeah its a bit of a pain. Such a shame because the iplayer site is probably the best site from the last few years.

I don't know what the PC version is like these days but at least the Mac version of Real Player doesn't worm its way into the system and starting to associate itself with all your mp3s etc.
Have installed it (WinXP.... on a Mac via Boot Camp, amusingly enough) so that I can listen to this repeat and so far it seems to be behaving. Hasn't tried to take anything over, no popups.....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:02 pm

I've just binned Windows Vista on my desktop mac so had to install the standard OS X distribution and it doesn't have any crap with it which is a bonus.

Guess the reason they use is that the radio station probably has to upload it. Whereas the national radio shows and TV shows will be done centrally. Thats the only reason why I can think they are using something as old hat as real player instead of just turning them into streaming Mp3s or flash for the iplayer service.

I know Tees has got a bit of stick in the past but fair play in the last year or so I think it has featured the club plenty and done a good job to boot. Tonight is another example.