The mentality of some 'fans'

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakers23
Team Supported: Darlington

The mentality of some 'fans'

Post by Quakers23 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 pm

I know its taken a while to get round to posting this, but during last weeks match against Sunderland I witnessed something which made me hang my head in my hands.

I actually heard and witnessed some so called fans having a go at some of the players, in particular Convery and Starosta. I could'nt believe what I was hearing, these people are beyond belief, do they realise that we are lucky to have a club, and its people like this who put other people off coming to the matches. What do they want, like it or not we were up against Premiership players, but to have a go at them in a pre-season friendly was embarrasing.

Anyone else hear any of this?, I was in block 8 by the way.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Re: The mentality of some 'fans'

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Your location in the stadium says a lot. I have lost count of how many run-ins me and Quakerman, Quakermass and Vodka_Vic have had with some of the pea brains who seem to base themselves in this part of the Arena, eagerly awaiting an opportunity to get on a player's back after one misplaced pass. They also enjoy booing us off at half time if we are losing, or even only drawing. Cue the 'I paid my money so am entitled to....' brigade to step forawrd.
I wonder who will be the fans' whipping boy of choice this season. Answers on a post card please....

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Totally agree with the topic of this thread and the respose to it. Some people just do not or refuse to understand the situation of the club! :roll:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:24 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Your location in the stadium says a lot. I have lost count of how many run-ins me and Quakerman, Quakermass and Vodka_Vic have had with some of the pea brains who seem to base themselves in this part of the Arena, eagerly awaiting an opportunity to get on a player's back after one misplaced pass. They also enjoy booing us off at half time if we are losing, or even only drawing. Cue the 'I paid my money so am entitled to....' brigade to step forawrd.
I wonder who will be the fans' whipping boy of choice this season. Answers on a post card please....
It will be Lee Thorpe of Chris Lumsdon out of the current squad (assuming James and Starosta have gone). Don't ask me why, they're both very decent players, but it will be them. Mark my words.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Sadly Spyman, you will be proven entirely correct.

RH79

Post by RH79 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:53 am

I think you are right Spyman (unless we keep James & Convery!)

There are some who sit near me in the main stand and are always moaning, they have never been happy since Hodgy left although for a few of them the moans are the same each week regarudless of the manager.

I mean i will moan to when things are bad but they seem to moan all the time and attack certain players for no real reason.

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:18 am

tell me about it, when i sat near the back of block ten no matter how keltie was playin as soon as he made one slight mistake i was greeted with jeers of

KELLLTTTIIIEEE MAAANNN !!

followed by a series of expletifs !

it just doesnt matter with these people if they want to moan they will regardless of who or what they are moaning at ! personally if i pay £18 a game or £300 a season which ever you choose, you would think you would try and make the most of your day and enjoy it even when things arent goin well !
otherwise whats the point ! if i wanted to watch a team play well and win almost every week i'd go to old trafford !

p.s. sorry about the over use of the exclamat!on mark it just really winds me up !