Shirt sizing... for Texas

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

footifan
Team Supported: Darlington

Shirt sizing... for Texas

Post by footifan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Hey guys Happy Thanksgiving...( Tell them here that Thanksgiving is celebrated on July 4th in England )
Any one help ?

I need to buy 3 shirts to come to Texas ... what is the sizing like. A friend has a work mate coming to Texas end of next week, what is the shipping time in the UK... do they overnight them ?

Need Large /XL do I need to size up?

Makka Pakka

Re: Shirt sizing... for Texas

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 pm

WTF is thanksgiving anyway?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Basically the Yanks and Canadians version of Harvest festival, they nicked it of us but obviously changed the name to make it bigger and better than ours and then claimed they invented it

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 pm

There is always one ...at least...Thanksgiving is getting away from thick C...ts like you.
Jeez

As usual the kind folks of Darlo rally around , Fook it I will buy Man U shirts instead...they need the money.
Last edited by footifan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:34 pm

There's quite a delay on home shirts at them moment as they have to be ordered in.
Size wise, I believe they're fairly standard, unlike the silly sizes we had for the last couple of years.

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Christophano wrote:There's quite a delay on home shirts at them moment as they have to be ordered in.
Size wise, I believe they're fairly standard, unlike the silly sizes we had for the last couple of years.

Thanks Christophano :clap:
Any one know if the away shirts are available now

( By the way Thanksgiving is nothing to do with harvest festival )

Darlo.For.Life

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:39 pm

footifan wrote:
Christophano wrote:There's quite a delay on home shirts at them moment as they have to be ordered in.

Thanks Christophano :clap:
Any one know if the away shirts are available now

( By the way Thanksgiving is nothing to do with harvest festival )
http://www.uksoccershop.com/p-25064/201 ... orts).html

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Cheers DFL

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:49 pm

footifan wrote:There is always one ...at least...Thanksgiving is getting away from thick C...ts like you.
Jeez

As usual the kind folks of Darlo rally around , Fook it I will buy Man U shirts instead...they need the money.
So pleased you live in the states if that is the kind of abuse you dish out, but please learn some history about the little history you have in your country
In the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition is commonly, but not universally, traced to a poorly documented 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts. The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest.
In later years, religious thanksgiving services were declared by civil leaders such as Governor Bradford who planned a thanksgiving celebration and fast in 1623.[8][9][10] The practice of holding an annual harvest festival like this did not become a regular affair in New England until the late 1660s.[11]
Pilgrims and Puritans who began emigrating from England in the 1620s and 1630s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them to New England. Several days of Thanksgiving were held in early New England history that have been identified as the "First Thanksgiving", including Pilgrim holidays in Plymouth in 1621 and 1623, and a Puritan holiday in Boston in 1631.[12][13]
Thanksgiving proclamations were made mostly by church leaders in New England up until 1682, and then by both state and church leaders until after the American Revolution. During the revolutionary period, political influences affected the issuance of Thanksgiving proclamations. Various proclamations were made by royal governors, John Hancock, General George Washington, and the Continental Congress, each giving thanks to God for events favorable to their causes.[14] As President of the United States, George Washington proclaimed the first nation-wide thanksgiving celebration in America marking November 26, 1789, "as a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favours of Almighty God".[15]
According to historian Jeremy Bangs, director of the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum, the Pilgrims may have been influenced by watching the annual services of Thanksgiving for the relief of the siege of Leiden in 1574, while they were staying in Leiden.[16]
Every year, the President of the United States will "pardon" a turkey, which spares the bird's life and ensures that it will spend the duration of its life roaming freely on farmland.[17]

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Err the abuse was not aimed at you , but the other thicko.. Thanksgiving is open to lots of speculation as your wikepedia notes say... Terminology my learned friend... ( According to historian Jeremy Bangs, director of the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum, the Pilgrims may have been influenced by watching the annual services of Thanksgiving for the relief of the siege of Leiden in 1574, while they were staying in Leiden.[16] ) ) which is actually in Holland.
As for learning about US history ...err probably forgotten more than you would ever know...

Yes I am very happy to have left such bigotry behind & quite frankly more interested in buying some shirts to help the club, (They are for some friends over here to help increase the interest & investment in the club I support)...than point scoring in a debate that i don't really care to have...Off out now for my Turkey & pumpkin pie...Have a great harvest festival day !!! :)

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Fair shout, enjoy thanksgiving but keep the pumpkin pie, tried it last time I was over and its an acquired taste, same as pumpkin ale

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm a thick c*nt for not knowing what thanksgiving is about?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Yep!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:47 pm

footifan wrote:Err the abuse was not aimed at you , but the other thicko.
That's a bit harsh, to be fair. It's not all unexpected that a foreigner may not know exactly what Thanksgiving is. Same with Bastille day in France and Guy Fawkes night over here.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:I'm a thick c*nt for not knowing what thanksgiving is about?
It's basic history to be fair mate.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:04 pm

In my limited experience American sizes tend to be larger than ours. For example their large is larger than our large. So If I'm a large, and buy large in the States it will be too large.

So if you're are American and want your large, perhaps try extra large. :geek:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
Nah, I'm not having it, it's way too harsh. I didn't study history beyond school but I have taken a big interest in British history over the last couple of years. If this is so basic and significant outside of America, then it would have crossed my path by now.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:
Nah, I'm not having it, it's way too harsh. I didn't study history beyond school but I have taken a big interest in British history over the last couple of years. If this is so basic and significant outside of America, then it would have crossed my path by now.
Thanksgiving wouldn't have crossed your path? :lol:

You must be pretty insular and unaware if you've literally never heard of thanksgiving.

I never studied history beyond GCSE either

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Footifan if you ask really nicely I'm sure Keltie would send you one of his shirts. I'm sure you would wear it with pride.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 pm

You must be pretty insular and unaware if you've literally never heard of thanksgiving.
Who said I'd never heard of it? I asked what it was about.

The first guy thought he knew and was shot down, and the super-intelligent one actually said it was "open to speculation".

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:

The first guy thought he knew and was shot down, and the super-intelligent one actually said it was "open to speculation".
And I'm surprised you didn't know what it was about, I thought it was fairly well known. The guy who thought he knew was shot down because he was chatting some bollocks about the yanks 'copying' harvest festival

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Hey footifan, how have you come to support Darlington mate, I am guessing Darlington, The Northern League and North East football get no coverage in the loan star state...Are you an expat...

Welcome aboard fella, hope u spread the good word about us more
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:

And I'm surprised you didn't know what it was about, I thought it was fairly well known. The guy who thought he knew was shot down because he was chatting some bollocks about the yanks 'copying' harvest festival
:lol: :lol: holds more water that the Dutch and Leiden, just look at all the other countries that have similar "thanks giving days" to this one, not a windmill or mouse or holey piece of cheese in sight but history is always open to interpretation and I really could not give a flying fuck about it.

P.s the DFc shop may be best to talk to about the shirts

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:

:lol: :lol: holds more water that the Dutch and Leiden, just look at all the other countries that have similar "thanks giving days" to this one, not a windmill or mouse or holey piece of cheese in sight but history is always open to interpretation and I really could not give a flying fuck about it.

P.s the DFc shop may be best to talk to about the shirts
Do you even know yourself what you're rabbiting on about?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 pm

who knows, who cares............

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 pm

footifan wrote:Hey guys Happy Thanksgiving...( Tell them here that Thanksgiving is celebrated on July 4th in England )
Any one help ?

I need to buy 3 shirts to come to Texas ... what is the sizing like. A friend has a work mate coming to Texas end of next week, what is the shipping time in the UK... do they overnight them ?

I've got a large, so they probably don't make them in your size. Especially now you're on a yank diet!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:56 am

footifan wrote:Hey guys Happy Thanksgiving...( Tell them here that Thanksgiving is celebrated on July 4th in England )
Any one help ?

I would probably size up. When I go on the site selling the away strips a box automatically pops up giving me the cost to ship directly to Georgia, so I figure they're well set up to despatch (sorry, dIspatch) them quickly.

There's a size chart on there too...

http://www.uksoccershop.com/p-25064/201 ... orts).html
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:Hey footifan, how have you come to support Darlington mate, I am guessing Darlington, The Northern League and North East football get no coverage in the loan star state...Are you an expat...

Welcome aboard fella, hope u spread the good word about us more
He's an expat who has supported darlo since 1882.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

footifan

Post by footifan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Yes Spyman ...It was a dark & stormy night lol
Actually the 1882 game I was watching the egg chasers as the soccer team had not been formed yet...I was at the meeting when they formed though...

Wow a Keltie shirt ...that would be wonderful...such a hero of mine. :roll:

Sorry to cause a stir re Thanksgiving / harvest festival day/ Yom Kippur/ Gay Pride/Dutch independence day...I only wanted to know about shirt sizes.

Decided to wait for home uniform if they ever arrive.
Actually got a sensible PM re the sizings. :thumbup: Thanks Ritchie

Oh Spyman , if you checked your facebook page instead of reading your back copies of Gay Cycling ( Lycra shorts for men issue ), you would see i am a fighting fit / slimmed down version of the man you know ...lol

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 pm

footifan wrote:Decided to wait for home uniform if they ever arrive.
STRIP!
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg