Admin

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

inappropriateh
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Admin

Post by inappropriateh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:40 am

Surely not all the money from the big 3 friendlies will go to the administrators?! Will be in xs of 100k from the 3 games. They are only here for another week hopefully. Unless they offset the forecasted income from the freindles to pay for them sitting on their arses for the last 2 months! :? Makes my blood boil ...

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:10 am

Todd said we might possibly be out of admin by the end of this week (tomorrow is 28 days since CVA was agreed) and will definitely be out by next week - i think he was just playing it safe.

Also as far as im aware Todd said money gained from the friendlies would be used to help pay off the admin - thats a lot different to the admin getting all of the money, they have to be paid either way so whether the money comes from raj's pocket or the money generated from the friendlies its irrelevant.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:20 am

According to todays echo the club is expected to start the season still in administration.

As divas says tomorrow is the last day of the 28 since the CVA was agreed, the club would be able to come out of administration from tomorrow. But the echo have said the club needs to pass some tests before it can come out of administration.
Last edited by quaker4life on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

inappropriateh

Post by inappropriateh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:25 am

If we start the season in admin will we definately get a points reduction?

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:36 am

There's no hard and fast rule (at the moment) that would see us deducted points if we start the season in administration as we have already agreed a CVA. The 'tests' that are mentioned must be what the FA alluded to last week with their statement in response to Raj's. No doubt with us being in admin twice in such a short space of time the league want to look at Raj's business plan and his intentions for the club. Sadly while this still drags on there's scope for the FA to hit us with a bespoke points penalty as they see fit.

I think its time for Raj to make another statement to clarify the matter, as he was clearly under the impression it was all done and dusted last week.

aveda

Post by aveda » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:45 am

I thought we could be in administration for up to 18 months without a further points deduction. I think it's the shift from George to Raj and their previous/continued involvement with the club that would cause us problems.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 am

Hang on...

So let me get this straight. The FA need assurances from us that we can fulfill our fixtures etc... but they can (and most probably, will) drag this on for as long as they want, by which time the season will probably already be in progress so they'll hit us with a points deduction!

They're going to make sure we get a points deduction aren't they?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:08 am

I doubt the FL/FA are delibrately holding out to give us a points deduction! Let's face it that's nonsense if they had intended to deduct points I'm sure they would have done so already.

According to the statement on the official site there was a verbal agreement with the FL but nothing is signed and sealed yet.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:11 pm

And wilst tis still all gets dragged out Dave Clark and co still sit around doing balls all put pick up a decent amount of money at the expense of Darlington Football Club

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:30 pm

TinShedDarloFan wrote:And wilst tis still all gets dragged out Dave Clark and co still sit around doing balls all put pick up a decent amount of money at the expense of Darlington Football Club
By Darlington Football Club you mean George Houghton?

I'd imagine DFC itself is skint but if the money brought in from those two friendlies has gone to them heads need knocking together.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:43 pm

thats what i mean, the friendlies money, going towards the cost of admin, fair enough they have to be paid from somewhre but the longer there here the more they'll eat into any income the football club has

Notts_Quaker

Post by Notts_Quaker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Lets be honest no one has a clue what happens whilst in Administration, not even the FA, they make it up as they go along.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Hilly wrote:Hang on...

So let me get this straight. The FA need assurances from us that we can fulfill our fixtures etc... but they can (and most probably, will) drag this on for as long as they want, by which time the season will probably already be in progress so they'll hit us with a points deduction!

They're going to make sure we get a points deduction aren't they?
YES!!

I've been telling every fucker for 4 months to expect the worst.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 pm

That 1 week delay in getting the CVA put in, which was down to the football league wanting various information suddenly, will prove critical.

If we start the season still without our "golden share" then we CANNOT play in the competition.

The league of course will let us off with special circumstances, as they know the process will be completed soon...in exchange for a big points deduction.

They will "offer" us a place in the league with special dispensation for, say, oooooh about 17 points?

This is deliberate because they knew they wouldn't get us on the CVA.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Surely it is 10 points deduction for entering administration, which we took last season.

There is then no further deductions for when you come out of administration. As Aveda says, you can be in admin for a certain period of time (18 months?) before any more action is taken.

The only other deductions come with not passing the CVA correctly (which as of tomorrow, we will have done correctly as tomorrow is the last day for appeals), and for any further financial irregularities, of which there should be none according to the noises coming from Singh.

Not coming out of admin until the start of the season has a greater impact on us not being able to tie players down to contracts until after the season starts, in theory meaning they could all bugger off elsewhere and we could go to Aldershot with the youth team.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Quakerz wrote:That 1 week delay in getting the CVA put in, which was down to the football league wanting various information suddenly, will prove critical.

If we start the season still without our "golden share" then we CANNOT play in the competition.

The league of course will let us off with special circumstances, as they know the process will be completed soon...in exchange for a big points deduction.

They will "offer" us a place in the league with special dispensation for, say, oooooh about 17 points?

This is deliberate because they knew they wouldn't get us on the CVA.
Qz - you really have lost all faith in any decent human life forms.

I diagnose a severe case of Houghton Syndrome with complications brought on by debilitating Two Georges disease.. Unfortunately you administered Clarke factor instead of the more recognised Todd-liver oil. All a result of trying to save a Penney or two. ;)

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Another question about the admin delay- season tickets. The club have said they will not bank any of the money from season tickets until after we come out of admin. If we don't come out of admin until after the season starts how will they be able to issue season tickets to anyone?

DrDarloSA

Post by DrDarloSA » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Good post wylam rangers. Nothing official has been released but the doom mongers are in evidence. :think:

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:Another question about the admin delay- season tickets. The club have said they will not bank any of the money from season tickets until after we come out of admin. If we don't come out of admin until after the season starts how will they be able to issue season tickets to anyone?
I think RS said a while back a seperate bank account would be set up to safeguard any money from season tickets.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:35 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Darlo_Rob wrote:Another question about the admin delay- season tickets. The club have said they will not bank any of the money from season tickets until after we come out of admin. If we don't come out of admin until after the season starts how will they be able to issue season tickets to anyone?
I think RS said a while back a seperate bank account would be set up to safeguard any money from season tickets.
Not wanting to have a go at RS (fresh start and all that) but didn't he also say that we would be out of admin by the end of today?

I'll keep my money in my wallet for the time being, thanks very much.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:39 pm

I think it's out of his hands at the minute Hilly.

And the idea of this account was to make sure any money taken from season ticket sales was kept to one side so it could be paid back if anything went wrong.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Hilly wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
Not wanting to have a go at RS (fresh start and all that) but didn't he also say that we would be out of admin by the end of today?

I'll keep my money in my wallet for the time being, thanks very much.
like i say, its not really a case of coming out of admin so to speak. today was the date that the CVA for the old company should have been approved.

the new company is already set up, so in that sense it is done, however we're waiting on the pissing FL to transfer the share across. more than likely raj wasnt aware at the time that the FL can only sanction this on one day a month, which is abysmal.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:05 pm

They will be able to convene an emergency meeting to transfer our share I'm sure...in exchange for a nice shiny new points deduction.