Steve Staunton at Norton v Bishop Auckland tonight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wylam_rangers
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Steve Staunton at Norton v Bishop Auckland tonight

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:I know of a couple of lads Darlo are scouting in the Northern League but none of them are playing for Norton or Bishop Auckland. It's also not very often the manager will go down to them games either. Anyone know if he's after signing anyone up from any of those sides????
He's trying to find Kev Gall - realises he's made a silly mistake :clap: :angel: :clap:

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:02 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:I know of a couple of lads Darlo are scouting in the Northern League but none of them are playing for Norton or Bishop Auckland. It's also not very often the manager will go down to them games either. Anyone know if he's after signing anyone up from any of those sides????
He's trying to find Kev Gall - realises he's made a silly mistake :clap: :angel: :clap:

Speaking of Gall, any idea where he went? I still think we should have kept him on a rolling contract. I'd have even been tempted to stick him right midfield. Oh well!
That's the thing with players like him. You realise he's not good enough up front, but because he's reasonably quick you want to put him on the wing, but you soon realise he's not a winger.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:04 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

Speaking of Gall, any idea where he went? I still think we should have kept him on a rolling contract. I'd have even been tempted to stick him right midfield. Oh well!
And paid him a wage that could be paid to an actual winger?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Spyman wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:

And paid him a wage that could be paid to an actual winger?
That's where you are wrong - Gall was playing for fun - his contract was peanuts.

He doesn't need the money which is why I consider it completely mental to release him.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:16 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
That's where you are wrong - Gall was playing for fun - his contract was peanuts.

He doesn't need the money which is why I consider it completely mental to release him.
Just because he doesn't need the money, doesn't mean he was earning nowt.

David Beckham doesn't need the money, but he still gets paid a s*** load.

Whatever Gall told you he was earning in bed last night, he was just playing it down so he didn't have to buy you a new handbag.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

Just because he doesn't need the money, doesn't mean he was earning nowt.

David Beckham doesn't need the money, but he still gets paid a s*** load.

Whatever Gall told you he was earning in bed last night, he was just playing it down so he didn't have to buy you a new handbag.
Can't we just agree to disagree on this - I'm getting sick of you and Quackers sniping at Gall whilst most others (who have seen him play) appreciate his work rate and effort which has been sadly missing in other areas :crazy:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:23 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
Can't we just agree to disagree on this - I'm getting sick of you and Quackers sniping at Gall whilst most others (who have seen him play) appreciate his work rate and effort which has been sadly missing in other areas :crazy:
I've seen him play plenty thanks. I appreciate his work rate and effort, but ability and goals were sadly missing.

I will stop sniping at him when you stop bumming him. Deal?

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:
I've seen him play plenty thanks. I appreciate his work rate and effort, but ability and goals were sadly missing.

I do not appreciate the inference of your last sentence. However KG is far more worthy to pull on a Darlo shirt than some of those who remain at the club. There is plenty of dead wood to release before him. Fact.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:32 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

I do not appreciate the inference of your last sentence. However KG is far more worthy to pull on a Darlo shirt than some of those who remain at the club. There is plenty of dead wood to release before him. Fact.
But that dead wood is under contract, therefore would cost more to release. Fact.

DC

poly12

Post by poly12 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Just to clarify something, running around a lot or "working hard" does not make a player worth a wage. I'd run around up front for Darlo all day but I'd never score. Effort merchants are ten a penny. Football players should be judged on their ability, not fitness. It's not athletics!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:I do not appreciate the inference of your last sentence.
Truth hurts, doesn't it.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:56 pm

si_ashton wrote:Just to clarify something, running around a lot or "working hard" does not make a player worth a wage. I'd run around up front for Darlo all day but I'd never score. Effort merchants are ten a penny. Football players should be judged on their ability, not fitness. It's not athletics!
Why do you not see that KG running around up front keeps the pressure on their back four and stops them pushing forward. He was let down by a bunch of inept strike partners and a crap midfield. The goals he scored were class and I'm sorry but apart from Devitt and Chandler, our s*** midfield is the reason why we are not scoring goals.

Too much pressure on the defence and no support for the attack. FACT

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:I do not appreciate the inference of your last sentence.
Truth hurts, doesn't it.
No, but apparently anal sex can.

DC

ham

Post by ham » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Spyman i always thought you were bent the way your always licking Quakerz arse but now i no for definite always talking about anal sex and men sleeping together Quakerz beware Spyman coming to kick yer back doors in

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:53 pm

ham wrote:Spyman i always thought you were bent the way your always licking Quakerz arse but now i no for definite always talking about anal sex and men sleeping together Quakerz beware Spyman coming to kick yer back doors in
Very grown up of you. What's your problem (apart from punctuation and spelling)?

DC

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 pm

The game finished Norton 2 (N Mulligan, Andrews) Bishop Auckland 3 (Masters 2, Gredziak),
FORZA DARLO

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Too right MrCoops. Gall wasn't a loanee and as such should of been kept on.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:Too right MrCoops. Gall wasn't a loanee and as such should of been kept on.
Steve, do you not think his wage was better spent elsewhere? Now that we have 2 better strikers, why pay Gall to sit on the bench?

DC

poly12

Post by poly12 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:18 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:Why do you not see that KG running around up front keeps the pressure on their back four and stops them pushing forward. He was let down by a bunch of inept strike partners and a crap midfield. The goals he scored were class and I'm sorry but apart from Devitt and Chandler, our s*** midfield is the reason why we are not scoring goals.

FACT? According to who? You? Have a day off. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. Not a fact.

What about the times when the ball was played into him (or any player for that matter) and didn't stick up front because of poor touch/lack of skill/lack of awareness? I'd suggest that invites pressure on Darlo's midfield/back four because it gives the other team the ball back.

This is not a personal thing against Gall but your blind defence of any form of criticism of his game is laughable.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 pm

Spy, they're only better strikers if they score goals.

I'd of offered Gall a rolling monthly contract and reviewed as it went along.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:Spy, they're only better strikers if they score goals.

I'd of offered Gall a rolling monthly contract and reviewed as it went along.
It was clear to see on Saturday that Thomas at least is a better striker than Gall. Collins looked more threatening as well. The ball stuck to them and we created more chances than I ever saw us create with Gall in the side.

If Gall wasn't going to make the first 11 and was out of contract, then we may as well release him as we have other forwards under contract who can come off the bench (Main, for example). It is the logical decision.

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 pm

si_ashton wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:Why do you not see that KG running around up front keeps the pressure on their back four and stops them pushing forward. He was let down by a bunch of inept strike partners and a crap midfield. The goals he scored were class and I'm sorry but apart from Devitt and Chandler, our s*** midfield is the reason why we are not scoring goals.

FACT? According to who? You? Have a day off. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. Not a fact.

What about the times when the ball was played into him (or any player for that matter) and didn't stick up front because of poor touch/lack of skill/lack of awareness? I'd suggest that invites pressure on Darlo's midfield/back four because it gives the other team the ball back.

This is not a personal thing against Gall but your blind defence of any form of criticism of his game is laughable.

No b****** went with him in support. Sorry but if the ball is kept in their half they won't score - FACT

I'm getting really pissed off with some of the so-call tacticians on here who think that tappy-tappy football in your own half is going to get us out of this mess.

We need to clear our lines fast and have a midfield/attack who will keep the ball upfield and put pressure on their defence.

BTW I am not blind to KG's mistakes but he spends more of his time running in the right direction than several players. I don't see the same criticism of Smith/Arnison crazy backpasses when they should be making space and looking to move forward.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:48 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
BTW I am not blind to KG's mistakes but he spends more of his time running in the right direction than several players. I don't see the same criticism of Smith/Arnison crazy backpasses when they should be making space and looking to move forward.
I've seen more criticism on here for both of them than I have Gall.

I've also seen less people defending them blindly.

DC

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm

I'd be more worried than your bitching about Gall that Staunton is out watching Norton V Bishop Auckland on a football league reserve team night and a Carling Cup night when lots of Premiership kids are being blooded. I'd reckon a lot more fringe players for example in the Pools V Rotherham reserve match would more capable of doing a job than Northern League players.

It might suggest the kind of funds he's working with!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

I'm not defending blindly but I object to the bile that Quackers and others have posted in huge quantities. I'm just redressing the balance.

Far rather everyone praised when it's due and criticised as necessary but the likes of Convery and Gall were being unfairly slagged off before they'd kicked a ball - based on hearsay or a previous episode at the club. Neither of them are the worst players to pull on a Darlo shirt this term.

I also happen to know that praise is a far better way of getting a performance than unjustified criticism. Several of my mates would be dead in the Falklands, Iraq or Afghanistan instead of back home if they were led by the so-called experts on here.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

Ah yes, the old stick a non scoring pacy striker on the wing idea. Been thought of a billion times. Specifically at clubs where Gall has been. He isn't good enough up front nor on the wing, you'd only be trying him somewhere where he's already flopped.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:24 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

I'm not defending blindly but I object to the bile that Quackers and others have posted in huge quantities. I'm just redressing the balance.

Far rather everyone praised when it's due and criticised as necessary but the likes of Convery and Gall were being unfairly slagged off before they'd kicked a ball - based on hearsay or a previous episode at the club. Neither of them are the worst players to pull on a Darlo shirt this term.

I also happen to know that praise is a far better way of getting a performance than unjustified criticism. Several of my mates would be dead in the Falklands, Iraq or Afghanistan instead of back home if they were led by the so-called experts on here.
Oh shut up you fanny.

Bile? I told it as it is, re Gall, he's not good enough, and that is all. The manager agrees with me, not you. As for praise, it'll only get a performace if the praisee is capable of raising one.

PS I have never slagged players at the match, only afterwards on the boards for example, when it cannot affect how they played

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:24 pm

Or you could of course keep bitching about Gall....

You only have to look at the blokes record, I've never seen him play (even though I probably have but he's cack so why as an oppostition fan would I notice him?) but I'd be gutted if he ever signed for Pools. Michael Proctor used work hard and run about (never that near the ball) he was still fooking shite.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:28 pm

Decent? At Northern League level? Hmmm....

Thanks for the tip off anyway.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Galls record is 1 goal in 5 ....based on 46 games a season that's 9 goals a season.

I wonder whether we'll have anyone who beats 9 this season ?