CIC Membership

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerade
Team Supported: Darlington

CIC Membership

Post by Quakerade » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:32 pm

cic member benefits

All members of the CIC which you can join for £100 by visiting www.1883cic.org will receive a range of benefits including:

• You will get the opportunity to elect the board to run the CIC.
• You will get to vote on matters relating to Darlington Football Club.
• You will get to attend events exclusive to CIC members, some will involve the playing and management team.
• You will get regular newsletters covering the things that really matter at DFC
• You will get priority booking for match tickets and fan events
• You will get to attend fan forums with the board of 1883 Ltd and management team
• You will get a £5 voucher for use at the club shop
• You will get to know that you helped to revive the great football club that is Darlington FC
• You will get a personalised individually numbered membership certificate

Does anyone remember this statement from june 2012 and more so has anyone
received anything yet. None of it bothers me apart from the certificate as i am an exile so never gets back home but as i invested £200 to CIC ( not much i know ) it would be nice to look at something in years to come knowing i played a little part in the rebuilding of my beloved Darlo.

quakerkid

Re: CIC Membership

Post by quakerkid » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Is the £100 that i gave last year at the dolphin centre mean i'm a member of the cic. If not where did that money go too.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Good question.

I remember it and I seem to remember there was one CIC forum (Blackwell Grange?) but I suspect that a lot of this sounds like "good ideas at the time" but they got put on the back burner while the club went through its restructuring.

That website looks like it needs updating and, in fact, I think the CIC/Club need to address the whole web situation because there's no obvious link to that site from the official site, unless I'm completely missing it. Visitors to the Supporters Club website will have more luck, but not much.

There's also another web address (http://www.buydarlo.org/). This redirects people to http://www.savedarlo.org/ which harks back to when we were in the process of saving the club. I would've thought that savedarlo redirecting to buydarlo would seem more logical now but, in any case, there should be a much clearer way for fans and casual visitors to be funnelled towards the information which will allow them to invest in the club.

I don't know if Mikky or Kev are involved in those other sites, but I think it all needs looking at - perhaps just redirect all those sites to one place on the "official site" which is in excellent shape? Perhaps even help to get the Trust site (in particular) and the Supporters Club brought up to the same sort of standard - or even have them redirect to newly developed sections of the official site? There's too much out of date information and loose or dead ends when you leave the official site.

Going back to your original list I think a regular newsletter is probably the easiest thing to put in place - maybe it could begin with an explanation and an organisation chart of how the various components of this club of ours all fit together because it's a very complex thing for us mere mortals to wrap our heads around. I'd also suggest a regular column written by different members of the board so people can get to know them a bit better.

Who will do this? I think that sounds like a job for the CIC Supporter Engagement Workstream (see the new forum for that here on Uncovered).

Maybe someone can correct me if any of the things in the list have been (or are being) done because I'm not a member of the CIC, at least I don't think I am or, as a member of the Trust does that make me a member of the CIC :crazy: :?

Maybe there's already something in the matchday programmes along these lines?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Using some of the money returned from Crowdcube I invested two lots of £100
in the CIC. Never heard anything since. No great problem with that but the £200
is only a fraction of the money I originally invested and until I receive some
acknowledgement I do not feel comfortable re-investing the rest.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:45 pm

quakerkid wrote:Is the £100 that i gave last year at the dolphin centre mean i'm a member of the cic. If not where did that money go too.
I hope someone can answer that for you. If I recall correctly this was in the CrowdCube days when they were taking cash payments?

All your details should be recorded and I think the Supporters Club were involved :think: but I'm sure charlie or someone can provide a better answer for you.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:22 am

banktopp wrote:Using some of the money returned from Crowdcube I invested two lots of £100
Yes, there's still a few big kinks need ironing out to get investment flowing again.
Join - Shop - Collect

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:40 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
banktopp wrote:Using some of the money returned from Crowdcube I invested two lots of £100
Yes, there's still a few big kinks need ironing out to get investment flowing again.
Yep a lot of work to be done.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:31 am

Stuff will be getting consolidated on the websites in the next couple of weeks or so. Its getting done :-)

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:09 am

TFDM wrote:Stuff will be getting consolidated on the websites in the next couple of weeks or so. Its getting done :-)
That's great news! :clap:

The official site and facebook tie-in are first rate, by the way. Those of us who have to suffer the agonising wait between "penalty to Darlo!" and finding out whether we've actually scored or not really appreciate the service on matchdays.

There's quite a good little community growing up on there now - all "yous" who can actually go to the matches might not see that. People from all over the world tune in and James/Luke and anyone else involved in providing the updates do a great job of cultivating that connection between the fans and the club.

Take a Sunday morning stroll down memory lane...

http://www.facebook.com/darlingtonfc
Join - Shop - Collect

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:48 am

Going forward to next season when we should be in the Evostick,the club is going to need more investment. There is a huge gap in the amount of money people were prepared to enter into Crowdcube and the amount eventually put into CIC and 1883. Admittedly the Crowdcube model was not based on us being in the
Northern League 1,but even so there must be many supporters like myself who
are willing to re-invest as soon as the "Kinks" are ironed out.
Hopefully this will be soon so that the 'feel good factor' associated with our impending promotion can be used as a springboard for new investment.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
quakerkid wrote:Is the £100 that i gave last year at the dolphin centre mean i'm a member of the cic. If not where did that money go too.
I hope someone can answer that for you. If I recall correctly this was in the CrowdCube days when they were taking cash payments?

All your details should be recorded and I think the Supporters Club were involved :think: but I'm sure charlie or someone can provide a better answer for you.

I wasn't involved in the refunds, however from what I remember you should of received a letter asking if you wanted a refund or to reinvest?

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Good to see so many replies but what about my initial enquiry regarding the certificates ??

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Quakerade wrote:Good to see so many replies but what about my initial enquiry regarding the certificates ??

From I understood at the Forum the certificates were about to be posted out in the days following the fans forum, although I personally havnt received anything yet

jimmytheseal

Post by jimmytheseal » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:20 pm

No certificate received as yet..
Has anyone got them???

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Everyone that invested money at the dolly was eventually enrolled into the CIC, or should have been
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

divas

Post by divas » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:42 pm

quakersam wrote:
Everyone that invested money at the dolly was eventually enrolled into the CIC, or should have been
Not necessarily but someone from the club should have been in contact to ask whether you wanted your money back or put into the CIC. I think a form was sent out at the time.

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:13 pm

divas wrote:
quakersam wrote:
Not necessarily but someone from the club should have been in contact to ask whether you wanted your money back or put into the CIC. I think a form was sent out at the time.
As far as I'm aware, everyone that paid at the dolphin centre have been contacted either by letter or phone. Refunds were an option but very few wanted refunds. That money I believe has been invested into 1883 in return for shares, I don't think the supporters club money went to the cic.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 pm

charlie wrote:
Quakerade wrote:Good to see so many replies but what about my initial enquiry regarding the certificates ??

From I understood at the Forum the certificates were about to be posted out in the days following the fans forum, although I personally havnt received anything yet
This is what i was also in the understanding of as i remember reading a thread about it after the last fans forum.

carver30

Post by carver30 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 am

Got my certificate this morning so I'd imagine others will as well.