More cancellations this week?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jimmyht
Team Supported: Darlington

More cancellations this week?

Post by jimmyht » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm

dont need to be Micheal Fish to see that this weeks NL games are already in doubt........still no sign of a season extension? but when will it become inevitable to the FA? - when teams have to play three, four......even five games in a week? Ok, its to our advantage, but even so if it was the other way round I'd be screaming blue murder

Ingleby

Re: More cancellations this week?

Post by Ingleby » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Who's playing?
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:44 pm

if spenny get to the final and they want a few days to prepare,lets say they play their last game on tuesday 30th april.
they dont have a league game now till the 1st april.

not including the cup final vs bish and league cup, they would have 18 league games in 30 days. that is a massive ask.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:46 pm

quakerray wrote:if spenny get to the final and they want a few days to prepare,lets say they play their last game on tuesday 30th april.
they dont have a league game now till the 1st april.

not including the cup final vs bish and league cup, they would have 18 league games in 30 days. that is a massive ask.
I couldn't care less about there problems.
If they think they need vase weeks off just to be like Shildon, I have no sympathy.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm

jimmyht wrote:dont need to be Micheal Fish to see that this weeks NL games are already in doubt........still no sign of a season extension? but when will it become inevitable to the FA? - when teams have to play three, four......even five games in a week? Ok, its to our advantage, but even so if it was the other way round I'd be screaming blue murder
There has to be a cut off point. I mean you couldn't play 9 games in 9 days could you. How about 9 games in 10 days? The F.A. I suppose could just forfeit games and be done with it.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
jimmyht wrote:dont need to be Micheal Fish to see that this weeks NL games are already in doubt........still no sign of a season extension? but when will it become inevitable to the FA? - when teams have to play three, four......even five games in a week? Ok, its to our advantage, but even so if it was the other way round I'd be screaming blue murder
There has to be a cut off point. I mean you couldn't play 9 games in 9 days could you. How about 9 games in 10 days? The F.A. I suppose could just forfeit games and be done with it.
Obviously, but any idea what that cut off point is? - do the FA have any sort of policy or, as we have found to our cost in our FA dealings, do they just make it up as they go along?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:46 pm

The FA really could not care at all about football outside of the premiershit.

They would worry if sides had to play 2 games a day every day for a week as long as Sir Alex, Arsene Wenger etc are happy- the rest of us can go and jump.

The FA have shown contempt for football outside the top division for years

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 pm

I think they can all have an extension at the discretion of the Northern League - all except us and (possibly) Spenny if they still want to go for promotion. So long as we finish our games by the 4th May we should go up. I don't think Spenny can seriously consider going for promotion now, so they may as well just take the extension and focus on the Vase.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Feck that. I want us to beat them fair and square with no accusations that we were gifted the league!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Countryfile weather which is normally quite good seems to think possible snow next weekend again, although this may well be the south it hits first.

The winter that never stops giving, it's like the film "A day after Tomorrow". Is 8c and a some dry weather too much to ask.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Feck that. I want us to beat them fair and square with no accusations that we were gifted the league!
I know they have games in hand and can mathematically catch us, but I think they're going to end up about 10 points behind us once they've ploughed through all their backlog. I think we just have to carry on as we are and the title will be ours, and good luck to Spennymoor in the Vase - I was pleased for them and their fans who made it down there yesterday.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Feck that. I want us to beat them fair and square with no accusations that we were gifted the league!
Even if Spennymoor get a 3 or 4 week extension, there will still be people who claim that they would have won the league if they didn't play so many cup games. There's a few people doing it now despite it being before the major effects of their backlog kick in, we've taken 4 points off them, we have more points per game than them, and we haven't even won the league yet!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Fair and square, we drew 0-0 on our patch and beat them 3-1 on theirs.
We've been gifted nothing.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm

We have if they pull their promotion.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 pm

And I suppose our 32 victories so far this season were gifted as well.
Nothing has or will be gifted, the success of our season is down to hard work by the players,manager,club and volunteers of Darlington FC. No gifts.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm

banktopp wrote:And I suppose our 32 victories so far this season were gifted as well.
Nothing has or will be gifted, the success of our season is down to hard work by the players,manager,club and volunteers of Darlington FC. No gifts.
I agree totally. What was our only aim this season? To go up. If they play their last game on the day we play ours, they deserve it. If they don't, they have an unfair advantage, and finishing top means nothing in their case.
Its all about promotion.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 pm

banktopp wrote:And I suppose our 32 victories so far this season were gifted as well.
Join - Shop - Collect

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 am

banktopp wrote:Fair and square, we drew 0-0 on our patch and beat them 3-1 on theirs.
We've been gifted nothing.

I think someone needs to actually read what I said!