Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfcchris
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by dfcchris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Seriously how can this be after reforming!! :roll:
Do we just attract the wrong sort of individuals to run our club or what. I thought we were told having got to where we are that this was a so called new beginning, out with the old and a fan owned club was the way forward!!
Really disappointed. Is this likely to be the case and an announcement made in 3 weeks/months/years that we are back to where we started from. Can we honestly say we are good and ready to climb the league ladder! Surely things are only going to become more difficult!

Darlofan97

Re: Admin 4th time!!

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:27 pm

What an absolute fucking pleb.

We aren't going into administration but we are moving forward together. What have you achieved apart from giving out negative vibes?
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:29 pm

dfcchris wrote:Seriously how can this be after reforming!! :roll:
Do we just attract the wrong sort of individuals to run our club or what. I thought we were told having got to where we are that this was a so called new beginning, out with the old and a fan owned club was the way forward!!
Really disappointed. Is this likely to be the case and an announcement made in 3 weeks/months/years that we are back to where we started from. Can we honestly say we are good and ready to climb the league ladder! Surely things are only going to become more difficult!
What exactly have you hoped to achieve by posting something like that you utter cretin!

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:41 pm

To be fair the word is used in the recent press article. It surprised me and whilst it might be the truth, we were barely told anything. Either it was done to get the CIC involved or some recent directors fucked up.

dfcchris

Post by dfcchris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Sorry I thought I was entitled to my opinion!!
Read the Echo article that's what they stated was a possibility 2 weeks ago! I'm fed up of hearing all the negatives re finances. I want to read and hear positives on the money front. This side of things for our club is a shambles it would appear everyone moaned about Our previous regimes but we were close again! Have we not learned anything? Can't blame the white elephant this time!!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:46 pm

TDS wrote:To be fair the word is used in the recent press article. It surprised me and whilst it might be the truth, we were barely told anything. Either it was done to get the CIC involved or some recent directors fucked up.
Was explained at the fans forum. We would of ran out of money end of March approx and therefore would not of been able to pay bills and would of had to go into Admin. Nothing new in the story 50k has plugged the gap and Martin Jesper advised he had taken personal control for incomings/outgoings of the club.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm

The titanic has sunk.
World War II is over

Keep up and shut up
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm

TDS wrote:To be fair the word is used in the recent press article. It surprised me and whilst it might be the truth, we were barely told anything. Either it was done to get the CIC involved or some recent directors fucked up.
I meant the way the thread was put across! dfcchris has IMO quite deliberately worded his title and opening paragraph to cause maximum flappage!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
I meant the way the thread was put across! dfcchris has IMO quite deliberately worded his title and opening paragraph to cause maximum flappage!

Exactly I s*** a brick there. :roll:

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Yeah I see that he was fishing for attention, and we all knew it was a struggle for money, but I didn't think it was quite THAT tight. As has been said, tell the fans and we may (or may not) respond, if we don't, it's our fault.

Unnecessarily startling I agree.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Old news mate try and keep up.What do you intend to do to help 'our' club ?
Last edited by micra3 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M I C R A 3

dfcchris

Post by dfcchris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Boys, boys, boys please don't flap or get to worked up!!
It's a message board open for discussion I was just venting my disappointment at how we run our club and was hopeful that this sort of thing was all behind us, obviously not as we haven't learnt a thing of previous regimes...that was all!!

dfcchris

Post by dfcchris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 pm

When I win the lottery and all that... But apparently it improves your chances if I were to buy a ticket!!
I do my bit guys don't worry my hand digs deep in terms of spending donating supporting etc. I'm with you black and white through and through.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 pm

dfcchris wrote:Boys, boys, boys please don't flap or get to worked up!!
It's a message board open for discussion I was just venting my disappointment at how we run our club and was hopeful that this sort of thing was all behind us, obviously not as we haven't learnt a thing of previous regimes...that was all!!

Don't flap - be happy that we have paid off £265,000 worth of debt (but i suppose that headline wouldn't sell papers).
M I C R A 3

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:11 pm

In terms of info coming out from the club/CIC from my experience and the couple of meetings I have attended more people need to get involved and offer to help. I know that's hard when you don't know exactly what you will let yourself in for but they is not an army of people working behind the scenes.

If you don't think the communication is great get yourself to the meeting on Tuesday night.

Hundreds of things could be better but they will take longer to get better if people don't get involved.

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Did you go the fans forum where all of this was explained or have you had your head stuck in the sand the last few weeks and only just emerged?

Apologies for being flippant but all this does is enflame folk and cause rumor`s and gossip.

If you have questions, try reading the forum first and if you still cant find your answers then ask `sighs` :roll:

Fatty eats roadkill

Re: Just heard

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 pm

WTF is he on about?

Been playing international rescue saving broken trains all night and just seen this topic. Is this fella being a jizz stain or has something new broke?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Just heard

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:WTF is he on about?

Been playing international rescue saving broken trains all night and just seen this topic. Is this fella being a jizz stain or has something new broke?
Nothing new to see here!

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Re: .

Post by Quakers1883 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:51 am

I'm glad the original post subject was removed.
FORZA DARLO

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:54 am

But let's be fair some fucker got way ahead of themselves on the spending. No one fancies owning up to it and it's been swept under the carpet a bit, but hopefully that person(s) are now gone and someone with a bit more financial nous is in the mixer.

No offence like, but my goldfish could have kept the finances in better check and he's a dopey twat. And a goldfish...

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 am

Free_Transfer wrote:But let's be fair some fucker got way ahead of themselves on the spending. No one fancies owning up to it and it's been swept under the carpet a bit, but hopefully that person(s) are now gone and someone with a bit more financial nous is in the mixer.

No offence like, but my goldfish could have kept the finances in better check and he's a dopey twat. And a goldfish...
Laura Drew was in charge of the accounts as she has a background in law and accountancy.

She's been moved to Operations now. I'm guessing Jesper is now looking after the accounts.

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:18 am

Free_Transfer wrote:But let's be fair some fucker got way ahead of themselves on the spending. No one fancies owning up to it and it's been swept under the carpet a bit, but hopefully that person(s) are now gone and someone with a bit more financial nous is in the mixer.

:lol:

Precisely. Rather amazing.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:In terms of info coming out from the club/CIC from my experience and the couple of meetings I have attended more people need to get involved and offer to help. I know that's hard when you don't know exactly what you will let yourself in for but they is not an army of people working behind the scenes.

If you don't think the communication is great get yourself to the meeting on Tuesday night.

Hundreds of things could be better but they will take longer to get better if people don't get involved.
I agree 100%
Last edited by davidcorks 40yard OG on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:25 am

Quakers1883 wrote:I'm glad the original post subject was removed.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 am

dfcchris wrote:Sorry I thought I was entitled to my opinion!!
Of course you are, and everyone else is also entitled to object if they disagree.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:06 am

Your guessing and from that quote you know nowt.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 pm

D_F_C wrote:

Your guessing and from that quote you know nowt.
How do you know i'm guessing?!

Clearly i'm not! Someone dropped a bollock big style.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:In terms of info coming out from the club/CIC from my experience and the couple of meetings I have attended more people need to get involved and offer to help. I know that's hard when you don't know exactly what you will let yourself in for but they is not an army of people working behind the scenes.

spot on !