Spenny v Whitley Bay

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Spenny v Whitley Bay

Post by Big Tim » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm

Anybody heading up for it Tommorow? Thinking about going up myself.

CrazyDarlo

Re: Spenny v Whitley Bay

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:18 pm

think It will be tight game 1-1 hopefully :thumbup:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Was thinking about it but ultimately I can't be arsed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 pm

We must make up a canny % at Spenny games of late ;)

How many of the 1800 in Vase were away fans/neutrals/Darlo I wonder.

Didn't exactly sellout did they?
For all the praise Spenny get on here, there support is pretty turd. Shame cos they have a decent side to support.

Remember being at their place and half of the fans in their tin shed were off before the end.

Edit- shame Bays form is so crap they may have been able to take advantage of Spennys cup exploits.

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Big Tim wrote:Anybody heading up for it Tommorow? Thinking about going up myself.

Yes, I am planning on going along.

Probably do the Darlington RA game at 11 then over to Spenny for the 3 O'Clock kick off.

I really think that this is the game that turns the advantage over to us. I really fancy Whitley Bay getting something from this.

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 pm

Roadrunner1 wrote:We must make up a canny % at Spenny games of late ;)

For all the praise Spenny get on here, there support is pretty turd. Shame cos they have a decent side to support.

Remember being at their place and half of the fans in their tin shed were off before the end.

Edit- shame Bays form is so crap they may have been able to take advantage of Spennys cup exploits.
What an absolutely ridiculous post if Spennymoor got a 1,800 gate it's over 10% of the population of the Town surely? Like Darlo getting a 10,000+ gate... at Northern League/FA Vase level.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 pm

I think Spenny get quite good support considering the size of their town.
FORZA DARLO

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Quakers1883 wrote:

I think Spenny get quite good support considering the size of their town.
Average just over 300. Ok for a village team I guess, but not one with aspirations of moving up the pyramid.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:40 pm

How're Pools doing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 pm

AndyPark wrote:How're Pools doing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pools? Getting relegated, no idea on attendances

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 am

Roadrunner1 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:How're Pools doing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pools? Getting relegated, no idea on attendances
They got about 3200 against MK Done on Friday, would imagine they are averaging this through the season

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 am

Is this an early april fools or what ?

If not what a crap post , Spennys crowds are pretty decent for division 9 football

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:57 am

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:

If not what a crap post , Spennys crowds are pretty decent for division 9 football
So you think 300 is decent for a club champions 3 years running. Ok.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 am

Roadrunner1 wrote:

It's decent for a Step 9 team from a smallish town, yeah. Don't know how you can't see that.

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:48 am

Hilly wrote:
Roadrunner1 wrote:

It's decent for a Step 9 team from a smallish town, yeah. Don't know how you can't see that.
Problem is they are hoping to climb the pyramid, I think attendances have peaked. I've read how well run they are but cant see 300 fans being much support for an Evo Stik Budget with the travelling.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 am

They spend many times their gates over, on their budget.

Therefore it doesn't really matter what size their gates are in the Evostik, cos they're bankrolled.

They can climb as far as the chairman is able to sub them.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:14 am

Quakerz wrote:They spend many times their gates over, on their budget.

Therefore it doesn't really matter what size their gates are in the Evostik, cos they're bankrolled.

They can climb as far as the chairman is able to sub them.
True, but this is not not my definition of a well ran club as is often touted.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am

Roadrunner1 wrote:

Bedlington were champions five years in a row 98-02 on average crowds of 100 or so , so yep 300 is very decent

Roadrunner1

Post by Roadrunner1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 am

Roadrunner1 wrote:

Bedlington were champions five years in a row 98-02 on average crowds of 100 or so , so yep 300 is very decent
Yes and they also never climbed the pyramid.
Any source for these attendances btw?

the striped tiger
Team Supported: Spennymoor Townv

Post by the striped tiger » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Spennys average gate is a higher percentage of the towns population than darlos average gate (that's even without counting the spenny v darlo game).
And I find it unbeleiveable the comment on here about spenny unsustainable and playing beyonmd their means after the 50K bailout needed just to get u to the end of this season (do ur maths...repaid debt blah blah blah)

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:08 pm

the striped tiger wrote:Spennys average gate is a higher percentage of the towns population than darlos average gate (that's even without counting the spenny v darlo game).
And I find it unbeleiveable the comment on here about spenny unsustainable and playing beyonmd their means after the 50K bailout needed just to get u to the end of this season (do ur maths...repaid debt blah blah blah)
Darlo are playing 11 miles out of town. :lol:

the striped tiger

Post by the striped tiger » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:11 pm

So what mate, I live 20 miles from spenny and its never stopped me going to a game.....

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:14 pm

the striped tiger wrote:So what mate, I live 20 miles from spenny and its never stopped me going to a game.....
:lol:

We'd be getting higher gates in Darlo. You can't compare Spennymoor's and Darlington's average attendance percentages to town population because one club plays in town and another 11 miles away. It's flawed.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
the striped tiger wrote:So what mate, I live 20 miles from spenny and its never stopped me going to a game.....

We'd be getting higher gates in Darlo. You can't compare Spennymoor's and Darlington's average attendance percentages to town population because one club plays in town and another 11 miles away. It's flawed.
Don't let common sense get in the way of a crap comparison Darlofan.

Spenny have a good attendance for the town and have done really well over the last 7 years or so. They are a good club and yes it is clearly paid for largely by Chairman/Sponsors/Board etc but so are so many other clubs.

Biggest problem Spenny would have is if the Chairman stopped his association/contribution to the club, but they should enjoy it but not forget what can happen without that support.

the striped tiger

Post by the striped tiger » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 pm

The formula for success is...inherited debt plus legal fees paid to ur chairmans law firm plus money repaid to fans who originally 'saved' the club plus crazy transfer fees paid for step 9 players plus considerable wage budget for players and management team plus cost of hiring your home venue plus cost of getting out of the 'other' home venue then deduct these from home gate receipts, profit from in geound catering and hospitality and bailout from CIC..insert actual figures for above and you will see something is seriously amiss..

And based on what evidence do u assert ud be gtting bigger crowds if u were based in Darlo? U need to get back to Darlo asap as one bad season on ur way back up the leagues and ur biggest asset and income generator will evaporate... No point spending all ur money on 'repaying debt blah blah blah' and a big playing budget if ur not playing in ur home town pretty quickly #bankrolledby cashinjectionsthatwillsoonrunout
Last edited by the striped tiger on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Crazy transfer fees? What are these then? You have no facts to base that off and what constitutes crazy? So Spenny have never paid money for players then? Obviously
Considerable wage budget, hmm the one that's smaller than yours, alright then

Why are you so bothered, concentrate on your own team and fuck off
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Spenny have a good attendance for the town and have done really well over the last 7 years or so. They are a good club and yes it is clearly paid for largely by Chairman/Sponsors/Board etc but so are so many other clubs.

Biggest problem Spenny would have is if the Chairman stopped his association/contribution to the club, but they should enjoy it but not forget what can happen without that support.
Completely agree.

Really nags me when Spennymoor fans mock our cash injection when they effectively rely on handouts/donations/loans from Mr Groves.

the striped tiger

Post by the striped tiger » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm

I don't think anyone would 'mock' the bailout if u hadn't been spouting on all season about the way spenny are run....

And ur right I don't know the figures and I don't know spennys figure either but I'm taking a wild guess that you don't know the figure for either club too....I've been there before with the 'saying what the fans want to hear and the smoke and mirrors finance'
Last edited by the striped tiger on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:30 pm

the striped tiger wrote:I don't think anyone would 'mock' the bailout if u hadn't been spouting on all season about the way spenny are run....
Oh really? Load of bollocks.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Completely agree.

Really nags me when Spennymoor fans mock our cash injection when they effectively rely on handouts/donations/loans from Mr Groves.
Some probably understand and many are probably in denial, same as most fans are.

Needing a cash injection was bad but I think we have made the biggest outlays now, establishing a great squad and this will now largely stop.