Shildon Away All Ticket

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ingleby
Team Supported: Darlington

Shildon Away All Ticket

Post by Ingleby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 am

This.

Further details announced later today.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Re: Shildon Away All Ticket

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Bit short notice

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Wonder if they'll increase the price to 'cover the cost of the tickets' and 'additional stewards required', even though they said they wouldn't.

And yes, it's very short notice.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:56 pm

PITA for me unless we are selling them at our Home games.

Shildons previous statement

Shildon have released the following statement following speculation about the ticket prices for the game:

“The board of Shildon AFC are pleased to confirm that they will not be increasing admission charges for their home game against Darlington.”

“We entertain Darlington FC for what quite possibly could be their very last away fixture in the Northern League and we are determined to give their supporters an excellent match day experience, and hopefully leave them with fond memories of their time in this league and the teams they have played against.”

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Only on sale at Shildon home games! Absolute bullshit. Can the club go and buy 1500 then?
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm

RU serious ? thats fucking s*** if thats right
Last edited by davidcorks 40yard OG on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Absolutely ridiculous!

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 pm

quakersam wrote:Only on sale at Shildon home games! Absolute bullshit. Can the club go and buy 1500 then?
They wouldn't anyway cos they'd make no money from it.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I bet that cockend Malvern is laughing his arse off at the mo....
Wasnt he a Shildon board member or summat?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:29 pm

All they've done is make it much harder for Darlo fans to get tickets, so although they might not want to pay whatever we ask to go through our shop - they're just limiting the number of fans that'll turn up.

Bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Ingleby wrote:
quakersam wrote:Only on sale at Shildon home games! Absolute bullshit. Can the club go and buy 1500 then?
They wouldn't anyway cos they'd make no money from it.
That's not the point. It would make it easy for our fans and stick two fingers up at Shildon

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Are we sure that it's not just an oversight in the announcement? It seems madness - since they have nothing to play for why wouldn't they just want to rake a load of cash in?

I'm hoping there's a separate plan for us although not expecting one..

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Because they're just been awkward mate. Can guarantee who will be behind this

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:38 pm

m62exile wrote:Are we sure that it's not just an oversight in the announcement? It seems madness - since they have nothing to play for why wouldn't they just want to rake a load of cash in?

I'm hoping there's a separate plan for us although not expecting one..
States Dean Street will be the only place to buy tickets.
Shildon wrote:ALL-TICKET MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT!

Shildon AFC has announced that the home game on Saturday 20th April against Darlington 1883 is to be an all-ticket match. The match kicks off at 3pm and there will be no cash sales on the day.

The match will be Darlington’s final away match of the season, and possibly their last away match in the Northern League, so a bumper crowd is expected.

Details of how and where tickets can be purchased have now been made public by the club.

Tickets will go on sale from Thursday evening, 11th April at the home game against Billingham Synthonia. Doors open at 6pm, with kick-off at 7.30pm. Tickets can be purchased throughout the match from the club shop.

Tickets will also be on sale at the ground on Saturday morning, 13th April, from 10am until 12 noon.

Further ticket sales will take place at Shildon's home games on Tuesday 16th April against Hebburn Town and Thursday 18th April against Team Northumbria. Doors will be open for both games from 6pm with kick-off at 7.30pm. Tickets will be available from the club shop throughout the matches.

Tickets will also be on sale at the ground on Wednesday 17th April and Friday 19th April from 5.30pm until 7.30pm.

A club spokesperson said, “Please take note that this is an all-ticket game. There will be no admittance without a ticket and there will be no cash sales at the gate on the day. The final ticket sale will be on Friday evening at Dean Street from 5.30pm until 7.30pm.

“The gates will be closed throughout the game. Anyone leaving the ground will have to show their ticket to get back in. Tickets are only on sale at Dean Street. There will be no other outlets for ticket sales.”

Tickets for the match are priced at £6 adults and £3 concessions. Under12s are free with an accompanying adult.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Are we at home on 13th April? Not far from Shildon to Bishop Auckland, so I'm sure plenty of people could drop by to pick a ticket up if so.

I'm sure this can all be sorted amicably for everyone, without a load of grief.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Definitely not an oversight...
As the announcement says, tickets are on sale at Dean Street only. Tickets will not be on sale at any other outlet. The club feels, after an exercise at the FA Vase semi-final, that this is the best solution for controlling the limited number of tickets available for sale. Tickets are on sale for several match and non-match days prior to the game. Any arrangement is open to criticism, but crowd safety is the paramount concern of the football club in deciding on this arrangement. We are sure the majority of people will respect this. To assist those who may not be able to attend Dean Street on one of the several sales days, while there are tickets available, there will be no limit on purchases.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Why can't Shildon just give us an allocation of tickets to sell? Presumably they are all printed anyway and since we'd be the ones selling them it would be us doing the majority of the work.

Unreal. The Northern League, hardly friendly is it. I can't wait to get out of this bloody tin point league.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 pm

TFDM wrote:Why can't Shildon just give us an allocation of tickets to sell? Presumably they are all printed anyway and since we'd be the ones selling them it would be us doing the majority of the work.

Unreal. The Northern League, hardly friendly is it. I can't wait to get out of this bloody tin point league.
5% fee I guess is the issue. They don't want us to make any money from them would be what the are trying to achieve.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:16 pm

n/t
Last edited by TFDM on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Such a shame for the older folk who might not be able to get up and get a ticket. Seems madness for something that would cost as little as 5% commission. Only people that will lose out are them though.

Darlo-Richie

Post by Darlo-Richie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:19 pm

If Shildon wanted this game all-ticket then why didn't they do this weeks ago?! The games a week on Saturday! This is not as bad as West Auckland but it feels another example of being awkward for the sake of it!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Why do we charge 5% commission when selling tickets to away games anyway? What cost are we covering with this, seeing as we have volunteers selling them from the club shop that would be open anyway.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:24 pm

As has been suggested on Twitter a large batch is bought and sold in our club shop. The tickets are bought by the Club/CIC/Supporters Club/Trust whoever really and start selling asap.

Shildon will sell in bulk but want all money at the time, they will not give tickets and then let us return some if not sold.

500 Adult and 200 concession tickets would be £3,600, buy them Sat morning 10am-12pm and sell at the match on Saturday. The issue is just knowing who would arrange this.

Fans club and we should work together to make things easy for us fans!
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Spyman wrote:Why do we charge 5% commission when selling tickets to away games anyway? What cost are we covering with this, seeing as we have volunteers selling them from the club shop that would be open anyway.
See my post later down the board.
Last edited by TFDM on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Spyman wrote:Why do we charge 5% commission when selling tickets to away games anyway? What cost are we covering with this, seeing as we have volunteers selling them from the club shop that would be open anyway.
I would imagine this is common practice in leagues where this occurs often. I presume it was to add a bit of profitability and pay for our club shop.

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 pm

TFDM wrote:
Would be interesting to get an answer on this, especially if the shop is open anyway.
Obviously I'm not part of the board anymore but why wouldn't the club charge commission? No club has complained about it when we have done it in the past plus it means more through the gate for the away team so everyone's a winner.

The shop may be open and ran by volunteers but we still have to pay rent and electric and would anyone expect a businesses to sell something and get nothing in return? Doubt it and we need the money.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Just found its nothing to do with commission. Shildon haven't even been in contact with us to offer us any tickets. Laughable really.

Both clubs are talking now so maybe it will change but its a bit of a joke really from Shildon. Surely they want to make some money out of us?

Darlo-Richie

Post by Darlo-Richie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:36 pm

TFDM wrote:Just found its nothing to do with commission. Shildon haven't even been in contact with us to offer us any tickets. Laughable really.

Both clubs are talking now so maybe it will change but its a bit of a joke really from Shildon. Surely they want to make some money out of us?
Well I hope common sense prevails but I've got a feeling of a similar West Auckland scenario.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

The useless aunts*

Why would you do yourself out of 100s of people attending. Are they being spiteful, or just plain stupid?

"I know. We can sell 2000 tickets for the Darlo game. But, if we're really awkward for them to buy tickets we can shoot ourselves in the foot and do ourselves out of 1000s of pounds.

Dumb arses.

Perhaps they're not $hildon after all. Perhaps they should be :wtf:hildon

It's W3st all over again. Being awkward to try and act all big fish.

*this word has been changed.