Our Italian fan

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Our Italian fan

Post by quakersam » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Just had Alberto, our fan from Italy on the Facebook page saying he wants to try to make the last game. Are you still on here Alberto? Would be great PR if we could do something to help him make a game
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

lo36789

Re: Our Italian fan

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 am

Hummmm I'd say Northern Echo/Gazette are you listening? If he costs the trip then it is more likely something could be done.

I believe this is the guy who did invest in the club when we had crowd cube, does his residency affect his ability to get a CIC membership at all or is he a member?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:24 am

Scott could play some Adriano Celentano songs to make him feel welcome. "Yes, I love you" is quite fitting for Darlo fans :lol:
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:08 am

No offense like but if Mr Italy wants to come over for a match then he can pay for himself...

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:17 am

Free_Transfer wrote:No offense like but if Mr Italy wants to come over for a match then he can pay for himself...
Agreed
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:33 am

I don't think there was any suggestion about that in Sam's post. I think he meant from a PR point of view it would be great to make a big splash about it and make his visit one to remember. It'd probably make the press back in Italy too.

Obviously if anyone can help Alberto in any way (pick him up, look after him while he's here, and make sure he doesn't get lost, etc.) then I'm sure that would be more than welcome.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:I don't think there was any suggestion about that in Sam's post. I think he meant from a PR point of view it would be great to make a big splash about it and make his visit one to remember. It'd probably make the press back in Italy too.

Obviously if anyone can help Alberto in any way (pick him up, look after him while he's here, and make sure he doesn't get lost, etc.) then I'm sure that would be more than welcome.
That's the point I was trying to make, thanks Mr Tibbs

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 am

lo36789 wrote:Hummmm I'd say Northern Echo/Gazette are you listening? If he costs the trip then it is more likely something could be done.

I believe this is the guy who did invest in the club when we had crowd cube, does his residency affect his ability to get a CIC membership at all or is he a member?
Mentioned DarloSwede was coming over to the Echo one time and didn't get a reply back. Andreas hopes to make some games this autumn or next spring, along with his DarloSwede flag!!

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:19 am

DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:No offense like but if Mr Italy wants to come over for a match then he can pay for himself...
Defo agree with this. If other exiles can pay for themselves than so should he.

jarramel

Post by jarramel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:07 pm

What's offense?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Dave_from_London wrote:
Aw come on, get off your high horses guys - NO-ONE (least of all poor old Alberto) is trying to spring a paid holiday out of this.

Way to go to make a guy feel welcome!
Join - Shop - Collect

darlo_rayner86

Post by darlo_rayner86 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm

I don't see why we can't make Alberto feel welcome when he comes to attend one of our games.

I just spoke to a Gateshead fan who mentioned a lad from Norway called Arvid the Viking has come across the north sea to see Gateshead play Ebbsfleet at the riverside tomorrow and they are making a big way to welcome him.

Be a great idea for the club to make an announcement or a tribute to Alberto that will make him feel welcome in coming over to support our club :)
Football League....We Will Be Back

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Dave_from_London wrote:
Aw come on, get off your high horses guys - NO-ONE (least of all poor old Alberto) is trying to spring a paid holiday out of this.

Way to go to make a guy feel welcome!
Agreed mate, I took the original post to be that if the guy makes it over, we could do whatever to make him feel welcome, i never read it as we shoukd start a kitty to bring him here, of course the guy should fund it himself, but I think the OP was suggesting something of a welcoming committee for him, make him feel welcome, show him around, stuff like that...

I, myself would love to get involved with something like that, I love meeting people and if this guy ever makes it, i would happily do my bit to welcome the man, fair play to him...

Quick question, kinda silly one maybe, does the Northern League have any kind of profile in Italy, I know W€$t conquered Turin just over a century ago, did there profile ever follow on over there...

Back to our Italian friend, if he came over, maybe should get in touch with a Football Publication like When Saturday Comes or Four Four Two, I have seen loads of unusual fan st
Mopspssmo79s9
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm making the intrepid journey over from Hartlepool for the Team Northumbria game....will i get a fan fare? A warm welcome? Pints on tap? A feature in the paper? I doubt it.

Should do though, it's a hell of a journey afterall....

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:I'm making the intrepid journey over from Hartlepool for the Team Northumbria game....will i get a fan fare? A warm welcome? Pints on tap? A feature in the paper? I doubt it.

Should do though, it's a hell of a journey afterall....
It's the journey back that's soul destroying.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm

I'd love to give a full analogy here, but even if Hartlepool were Susan Boyle there isn't a woman alive that is as beautiful as the rest of the world. And you want a fan fare for leaving her as well?

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Anyone sneering at quakersam's suggestion is being a mean-spirited prick. The fact we have an Italian fan with no connection to the town IS notable. If I remember the back-story correctly; he started supporting us because he played as Darlo on Champions Manager and has followed us ever since?

We don't need to buy his flight and prepare like its the royal visit FFS, but as a fan-owned club we should do something to acknowledge the attendance of what is a fairly unique fellow fan.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:45 pm

fat tony wrote:Anyone sneering at quakersam's suggestion is being a mean-spirited prick. The fact we have an Italian fan with no connection to the town IS notable. If I remember the back-story correctly; he started supporting us because he played as Darlo on Champions Manager and has followed us ever since?

We don't need to buy his flight and prepare like its the royal visit FFS, but as a fan-owned club we should do something to acknowledge the attendance of what is a fairly unique fellow fan.
Thankyou :clap: Common sense seems to be amiss with a few on here

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Like this guy http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-15378236

If someone makes an effort to come from Italy, the least you can do is give something back, community spirit n all that. Let him meet the players / manager etc

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Too chuffing right.

He might also be able to blag us ballotelli on loan next season as well :thumbup:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Too chuffing right.

He might also be able to blag us ballotelli on loan next season as well :thumbup:
I'd rather have Drewe Broughton back!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Cos you're a divvy :D
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:53 pm

fat tony wrote:Anyone sneering at quakersam's suggestion is being a mean-spirited prick. The fact we have an Italian fan with no connection to the town IS notable. If I remember the back-story correctly; he started supporting us because he played as Darlo on Champions Manager and has followed us ever since?

Aw lighten up Mr T bloody hell.

I've played as Darlo manager on Championship Manager AND Football Manager over the years and as yet no one gives me a special mention :cry: ;)

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Yeah but that's because you're a boring c*** and no-one likes you.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:44 pm

I like Darlo having fans from all over the World...anyone got a problem with that ????.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Andreas played on the football manager game and the first team he played for was Darlo, perhaps you are getting the 2 mixed up?

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Andreas played on the football manager game and the first team he played for was Darlo, perhaps you are getting the 2 mixed up?
You having Darlo Swede over for a stopover this year,pete?..

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 am

I agree. It's common courtesy and a nice thing to do.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:22 am

Free_Transfer wrote:

Aw lighten up Mr T bloody hell.

I've played as Darlo manager on Championship Manager AND Football Manager over the years and as yet no one gives me a special mention :cry: ;)
I never play as Darlo on CM/FM

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs