The stamping debate

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
longlivedarlo
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

The stamping debate

Post by longlivedarlo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Theres a topic on NLZ about a stamp on Emms after the first goal. the keeper by all accounts is not a nasty guy, but it's a clear stamp, he's been megged for the goal not happy and split second madness stamps on Emms. I hope if it's correct and he's not a bad lad he's embarrassed by what he no doubt will have seen by now. If he's done it before & is not a good lad the he is what I would call a DICK. Well done Emms for not over reacted to it, mind he did look as though he was fuming when I looked again on the highlights.
I think half the managers in the northern league could have done what gray has done with the budget he has had, don't think anyone should get carried away, the next 3 years will prove him as a manager not this northern league season. I'm as happy as anyone that darlo are heading in the right direction.

Quakerz Post subject: Re: MARTIN GRAYPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 pm
You absolute testicle.

The Bishop
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Team Supported: Bishop

Re: The stamping debate

Post by The Bishop » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:31 pm

A good example of The type of lad Peter is would be:-

Whilst warming up before Bishops first home game of the season, Peter collected all the coins that were thrown at him by a minority of idiots from the opposing supporters. Peter then gave the money to the children stood by the barrier, who BTW were opposition supporters.

Can we all move on?

crapname
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:14 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by crapname » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:37 pm

So, he's allowed to stamp on a player, potentially breaking his leg, because 8 months ago he gave 30p in change to some kids?

Fair enough, lets move on.

User avatar
uncovered
Site Admin
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 am

Re: The stamping debate

Post by uncovered » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:43 pm

To be fair it was 50p, he gave it to my youngest son. Couldn't quite believe it, I men who s stupid enough to throw a 50pence piece? In my day it was a rotten apple core or a pie crust!

Bogratsteve
Posts: 4030
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:37 pm

50p, thought there was a recession on..... Would not catch them in Yorkshire wasting that much

User avatar
Mr_Tibbs
Posts: 3296
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo
Location: Gruzia
Contact:

Re: The stamping debate

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 pm

uncovered wrote:To be fair it was 50p, he gave it to my youngest son. Couldn't quite believe it, I men who s stupid enough to throw a 50pence piece? In my day it was a rotten apple core or a pie crust!
:lol: Who remembers "the apple incident"?

It rumbled on for a while and I remember some weeks later (I seem to think we were getting beat at Bootham Crescent) when someone threw a token apple on the pitch while play was down the other end, and everyone laughing about it.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

Image

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11779
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by Spyman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 pm

The Bishop wrote:A good example of The type of lad Peter is would be:-

Whilst warming up before Bishops first home game of the season, Peter collected all the coins that were thrown at him by a minority of idiots from the opposing supporters. Peter then gave the money to the children stood by the barrier, who BTW were opposition supporters.

Can we all move on?
Nice dig.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Chris darlo1883
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by Chris darlo1883 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Disgrace!

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
uncovered wrote:To be fair it was 50p, he gave it to my youngest son. Couldn't quite believe it, I men who s stupid enough to throw a 50pence piece? In my day it was a rotten apple core or a pie crust!
:lol: Who remembers "the apple incident"?

It rumbled on for a while and I remember some weeks later (I seem to think we were getting beat at Bootham Crescent) when someone threw a token apple on the pitch while play was down the other end, and everyone laughing about it.
Amos got that all wrong. The ref was doing everything to make sure we didnt win that night. The apple actually came from some older bloke in the East Stand as the ref walked off the pitch. I was right by the ref at the time it happened as some copper was stopping me from getting to him :lol:

crapname
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:14 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by crapname » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Was your English teacher off a lot?

User avatar
Ash
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by Ash » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:11 am

Wouldn't have mattered if we had won 2 nil or lost 2 nil we would still be talking about it because it was dirt, I hardly think we're bothered because we are bitter about dropping points. Personally I think the moment of madness argument is a weak one - doing something like that pretty much answers the good guy question.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The stamping debate

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 am

Some reason i remember the tinshed days and someone throwing a full pie from distance, it hitting the senior steward right on the back of the head, while i dont condone it, cracking shot!

Post Reply