people smoking under the stands

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DIRTYDAVE
Team Supported: Darlington

people smoking under the stands

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28 pm

at haft time in the newcastle match ppl were smoking under the stands and in the blogs. think anyone gets kicked out for doing it ?

darloneil

Re: people smoking under the stands

Post by darloneil » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:07 pm

i hope not, theres to many do-gooders about!!!!! before long you wont be able to smoke in your own home
what is the world comimg to?????? :roll:

ps i dont smoke,, but its my choice not to

so surely if you do smoke its also your choice? leave people alone

rant over

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:12 pm

don't smoke myseft but its just that ppl were standing around smoking when it is banned that is what iam saying.

Ned_Flanders

Post by Ned_Flanders » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:25 pm

I was stood in the south stand and a guy asked a steward if he could go outside for a tab. The steward says to this guy you cant go out for obvious reasons but if he lit up in the toilet, that was his choice. So of course the guy did. And lets face it, they do it every match and it does no harm to anyone really.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 pm

It's my choice to not breathe in disgusting cancer-causing chemicals and have the awful stench on my clothes. I wish the fucking brainless idiots would leave me alone.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
It's my choice to not breathe in disgusting cancer-causing chemicals and have the awful stench on my clothes. I wish the fucking brainless idiots would leave me alone.
Ditto I can't stand going into people's houses (with work) and being "smoked out" And the poor fookin kids in the house, well the parents should be done for child abuse. There should be a designated "leper colony" in every town where smokers can congregate without prejudice, everywhere else they should be shot on sight

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:06 pm

DL5 wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:
Ditto I can't stand going into people's houses (with work) and being "smoked out" And the poor fookin kids in the house, well the parents should be done for child abuse. There should be a designated "leper colony" in every town where smokers can congregate without prejudice, everywhere else they should be shot on sight
Woooo aren't we the big thinkers on here tonight. If you don't want to go into people's houses then don't. If that means you can't do your job then get a different one - its all choices you have to make as a grown up. No doubt you will think the correct answer is to enforce a smoking ban in people's homes on the off-chance they may be honoured with a visit from you. How about the poor people who visit your house and have to endure the stench of bigotry - what are you going to do to help them out?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 pm

darloneil wrote:i hope not, theres to many do-gooders about!!!!! before long you wont be able to smoke in your own home

rant over
Yeh, if you smoke its your choice to. If you don't smoke its not your choice to have to breathe in other people's smoke.

I don't force my fresh air on smokers, they are welcome to fuck off outside and smoke without contaminating the fresh air I choose to breathe.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:10 am

That's all any body is asking for

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 am

Bigotry my arse. The guy is asking for people not to force cancer causing smoke into his lungs, how does that make him a bigot?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 am

Spyman wrote:
darloneil wrote:i hope not, theres to many do-gooders about!!!!! before long you wont be able to smoke in your own home

rant over
Yeh, if you smoke its your choice to. If you don't smoke its not your choice to have to breathe in other people's smoke.

I don't force my fresh air on smokers, they are welcome to fuck off outside and smoke without contaminating the fresh air I choose to breathe.
Agreed. If you want a cig while you're at the football.
Tough.
It's not outside, and "under the stands" is bloody crampt enough allready when people go for a pint at half time.
Hold off your impending cancer ridden doom for 90 minutes for fucks sake.
Or, for other people's sake if not your own!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Agreed. If you want a cig while you're at the football.
Tough.
It's not outside, and "under the stands" is bloody crampt enough allready when people go for a pint at half time.
Hold off your impending cancer ridden doom for 90 minutes for fucks sake.
Or, for other people's sake if not your own![/quote]

yeah that is what iam trying to say and the fact that they were just walking around smoking freely in front of the stewards and the little kids

oldunwitkids

Post by oldunwitkids » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:59 pm

There are signs all around the grounds forbiding smoking in the stadium.
Surely the stewards should know that?
On a personnal note I have lost many relatives and friends due to lung cancer and all of them smoked. What I cannot understand is, with all the information and proof, kids still start up smoking. :crazy:

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:21 pm

DIRTYDAVE wrote:
yeah that is what iam trying to say and the fact that they were just walking around smoking freely in front of the stewards and the little kids
In that case, it's just piss poor stewarding coupled with people being inconsiderate.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Piss poor stewarding which could lead to the club being fined if theres a random inspection at the arena

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:58 pm

I smoked 40 a day for over 25 years, but gave it up when my daughter was born 19 years ago.
Now I regard it as one of the most disgusting habits around.
Anyone that smokes is an idiot - there are NO arguements for smoking - fact.
If you want to kill yourelf, do it in a way that doesn't affect others.
If the Government had the guts (and didn't want the tax revenues), it would ban the production and sale of all tobacco products.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Spyman wrote:

rant over

agreed! i get enough of breathing my dads and step mams cancer causing fumes in on a weekend! plus its AGAINST THE LAW FFS!!!

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:29 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:

rant over

agreed! i get enough of breathing my dads and step mams cancer causing fumes in on a weekend! plus its AGAINST THE LAW FFS!!!
No person hates smoking as much as an ex-smoker.
Fact.

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 pm

No person hates smoking as much as an ex-smoker.
Fact.[/quote][/quote]

Agreed - Wife is also ex smoker and smoking is banned in garden as well as in house.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:38 pm

I don't understand - I'm a smoker and can go 90mins without smoking, although I'm not sure where the harm would be in providing an outside area, apart from it being a logistical nightmare.

Equally, I try to be as considerate a smoker as possible, and always did even when smoking was permitted in pubs.

Where I do draw the line though, is when I have quite willingly been outside for a tab regardless of temperature and weather and without complaint, I get abuse for smelling of smoke when I return. I will argue with any fucker on that. I am happy to abide by the law but the do-gooders still have to have a pop.

I know some ex-smokers and one in particular gets on my tits with his endless ranting, when he was in fact one of the most inconsiderate smokers around back in the day.

Rant over.

PS. I would rather smell smoke on a smokers clothes than smell BO or s*** on a non smoker. And I felt that even as a youngun pre smoking.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:07 pm

[/quote]Woooo aren't we the big thinkers on here tonight. If you don't want to go into people's houses then don't. If that means you can't do your job then get a different one - its all choices you have to make as a grown up. No doubt you will think the correct answer is to enforce a smoking ban in people's homes on the off-chance they may be honoured with a visit from you. How about the poor people who visit your house and have to endure the stench of bigotry - what are you going to do to help them out?[/quote]

I expect that you stopped for a woodbine whilst typing that post didn't you?

If bigotry is wanting not to be polluted with filthy smoke then tickle my balls and call me a bigot.

Yes some sort of smoking ban for "home visits" should be adopted and made law. Why should I have to put up with it or change my job? Why should I have to put up with the likes of you trying to defend the indefensible and telling me to put up with it? People can smoke themselves to death if they want as long as I don't have to endure one whiff of that s***.

I also think that children forced to grow up in a smoky environment shouldn't have to do so and should be protected. Parents who can't be arsed to nip outside and have a tab in the garden need to seriously consider the consequences.

The Love Slug

Post by The Love Slug » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:25 pm

make smelly fuckers go and stand outside too, why should i breathe in their farts and BO?

Oh and people who talk shite should be made to wait until after the game, its not fair on us non shite-talking people to have to listen to 'just score a goal darlo' and 'penney out' etc, like we did last season.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 pm

Lets look at this with some semblance of thought

Pathetic

If bigotry is wanting not to be polluted with filthy smoke then tickle my balls and call me a bigot.
I'll pass on the first offer. No I would say that statements such as "There should be a designated "leper colony" in every town where smokers can congregate without prejudice, everywhere else they should be shot on sight" are what I mean by bigotry.

Yes some sort of smoking ban for "home visits" should be adopted and made law. Why should I have to put up with it or change my job? Why should I have to put up with the likes of you trying to defend the indefensible and telling me to put up with it? People can smoke themselves to death if they want as long as I don't have to endure one whiff of that s***.
This is a bit more reasoned than your earlier comment which implied that people should not be allowed to smoke in their own home. I certainly don't feel that defending a person's right to smoke in their own home is indefensible. The reason you have to put up with the likes of me defending that right is because we live in a mainly free society which allows me to defend this position - I do, however, appreciate that someone who advocates shooting smokers on sight is not gpoing to be swayed by such libertarian concerns.

I also think that children forced to grow up in a smoky environment shouldn't have to do so and should be protected. Parents who can't be arsed to nip outside and have a tab in the garden need to seriously consider the consequences.
I agree

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:41 am

dfcdfcdfc wrote:Lets look at this with some semblance of thought

Pathetic

I'll pass on the first offer. No I would say that statements such as "There should be a designated "leper colony" in every town where smokers can congregate without prejudice, everywhere else they should be shot on sight" are what I mean by bigotry.

This is a bit more reasoned than your earlier comment which implied that people should not be allowed to smoke in their own home. I certainly don't feel that defending a person's right to smoke in their own home is indefensible. The reason you have to put up with the likes of me defending that right is because we live in a mainly free society which allows me to defend this position - I do, however, appreciate that someone who advocates shooting smokers on sight is not gpoing to be swayed by such libertarian concerns.

I agree
You've taken the comments too seriously from my first post, my style is sometimes "tongue in cheek" maybe that's good to evoke a response, maybe not. I'm certainly not a libertarian but (just to be clear) I don't actually believe smokers should be shot

We're obviously on different sides of the fence. I'm affected by people smoking in their own homes almost on a daily basis, not to the point where I'm sat there for hours but enough for my clothes to stink when I leave. It really bugs me that I have to endure that.

I also see children exposed to smoke every day, I just don't think the law extends far enough at present to protect non smokers.

going_back_to_cali

Post by going_back_to_cali » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:26 am

Spyman you sound like an obnoxious c**t who thinks they are better than everyone else.

You still slating people for knocking Houghton?? Defending him like he's some kind of G?

Fcukin jockey.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:16 am

Darlo Cockney wrote:No person hates smoking as much as an ex-smoker.
Fact.
That's bullshit. I'm an ex smoker and I couldn't give a fuck.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:41 am

going_back_to_cali wrote:
Defending him like he's some kind of G?
Fa shizzle dawg. :thumbup:

connor2k7ovdarlo

Post by connor2k7ovdarlo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Smoking at the stadium shouldn't be allowed.But pubs should have smoking rooms if the landlord wishes so, you can't complain about that it would be a persons own choice to enter that room.
><
X