Mike Amos Blog

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mike Amos Blog

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:40 am

Christophano wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Look mate, it's "Darlo"

If you're going to nickname us, then show the respect of using the right one. Only cunts call us "1883", are you a cunt?
To be honest I think it should be a banning offence, but that's just me.
I agree.

They get away with calling us 1883 on other sites and wank themselves daft over doing it, but this is OUR board and WE say what goes on here.

For me, we shouldn't have to put up with "1883" on home soil, not ever. Call us 1883? There's the door son.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 am

northernlad73 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:I agree with you Darlodfc,every member of the league should have the same rules. Amos is quite clearly wrong. In any competition the rules should apply equally to everyone. Imagine this situation in the Premier League, or any other league come to that.

I reckon that Mr Amos will be hoping like mad that all this gets sorted out on the pitch (by us getting the points we need not to be caught) otherwise there will be a lot of questions for him to answer.

The Northern League's policy of helping their teams do well in The Vase has been the problem here. I think Spennymoor should ask the F.A to put the Cup final back by two weeks - so that they can finish the league on time. Tunbridge Wells (?) won't mind because as M.A says ---
Darlodfc wrote:Amos - "Would they rather win a two horse race against a half fit opponent or against opposition almost literally on their knees?"
:thumbdown:
Another good point, it's also not fair that Tunbridge Wells have had to cram in all but one fixture (May 6th deadline) before the Vase final whereas Spennymoor get away with 4.
They only play 34 league games due only 17 teams in the league they play in.
And? Where is the fairness when one club adheres to a deadline and another does not?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:42 am

northernlad73 wrote:Cup competitions take precedence over league games. Always have and always will.
Only in a league where clubs win it 3 years in the row and don't take promotion.

Everywhere else in the country and in the world progression through the leagues is the priority.

On the 1883 thing isn't there a filter that can be put in place? as in using those 4 digits together gets masked with astericks?

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:55 am

lo36789 wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:Cup competitions take precedence over league games. Always have and always will.
Only in a league where clubs win it 3 years in the row and don't take promotion.

Everywhere else in the country and in the world progression through the leagues is the priority.

On the 1883 thing isn't there a filter that can be put in place? as in using those 4 digits together gets masked with astericks?
I'll think you will find its the same for all leagues regarding cup competitions.

Old ground, five year plan etc etc
Unbelievable Jeff!!

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:56 am

We've done word filters previously, with greater or lesser success, but would be a tough one as there are legitimate uses of the word.

northernlad73

Post by northernlad73 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 am

I've not said anything is fair or unfair. If Spenny were told to play the games earlier then that's what they would've done.
Unbelievable Jeff!!

northernlad73

Post by northernlad73 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 am

Christophano wrote:We've done word filters previously, with greater or lesser success, but would be a tough one as there are legitimate uses of the word.
Yeah, like its part of your clubs new name?

I rest my case ;)
Unbelievable Jeff!!

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 am

The availability of Wembley dictates the date of the final. The League 2 play off final is the week after the Vase, followed by the FA Cup followed by the Champions League final on the 25th May. I can really see the FA moving the CL final for the Vase.
So why don't the FA destroy the Vase like they did the Trophy and move it back to earlier in he season. Loads of step 1-4 teams suffered badly cos of the Trophy final been when it was so the availability if Wembley is a bull s*** argument.

Amos and his merry men want Spenny to win the Vase to make his tin pot league look good. If that means destroying the integrity of the league he is happy to do that.

It's shameful and self indulgent and any other league in the country would not be so necky.

Hope it blows up in his face.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:02 am

northernlad73 wrote:
Christophano wrote:We've done word filters previously, with greater or lesser success, but would be a tough one as there are legitimate uses of the word.

I rest my case ;)
Part of, sure.
You can call us Darlington 1883 if you prefer or you can shorten it to Darlington or Darlo. You could even refer to us as the Quakers if you prefer, but 1883 on it's own is not now, or ever has been, a nickname of ours.
Don't pretend that calling us that is anything other than snide.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:04 am

northernlad73 wrote:

I rest my case ;)
'penn' is part of your name as it 'nymo'. Merely taking 4 characters from a name is not really a valid argument.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 am

lo36789 wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:

I rest my case ;)
'penn' is part of your name as it 'nymo'. Merely taking 4 characters from a name is not really a valid argument.
:lol:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:06 am

northernlad73 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

I'll think you will find its the same for all leagues regarding cup competitions.

The precedent is that the fixtures must take place on their designated date.

Show me evidence, other than the Northern League, where league fixtures are actually sacrificed in the week before a cup fixture.

northernlad73

Post by northernlad73 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:08 am

Christophano wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:

I rest my case ;)
Part of, sure.
You can call us Darlington 1883 if you prefer or you can shorten it to Darlington or Darlo. You could even refer to us as the Quakers if you prefer, but 1883 on it's own is not now, or ever has been, a nickname of ours.
And neither has Spendymore, Spawnymoor etc been ours, but it doesn't stop it being used on here does it. I'll call you what I want and seeing as though Darlington is part of your clubs name then where's the damage except in the Uncovered bubble?
Unbelievable Jeff!!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:10 am

Utter rubbish. It's the other way round - if you offered any team with a modicum of ambition the choice between being promoted by winning their league, or winning some tinpot trophy for a year, they'd pick promotion every time.

Do Premier League teams prefer to win the league or the FA Cup? They prefer the league.

Do League One/Two sides prefer to win their league or the LDV Vans Johnstone's Paint Durex Rubber Jonnies Trophy? It's the league.

Do Conference sides prefer to win the FA Trophy or the league? You guessed it - the league.

The same should and does apply lower down the pyramid. It's only in the Northern League, where the division has this inferiority complex about not winning the Vase, do sides prioritise the Vase (hence Spenny cancelling league fixtures to focus on it).

Spenny have even cancelled league games to play a League Cup fixture! About as tinpot as you get.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 am

northernlad73 wrote:
Christophano wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:

I rest my case ;)
Part of, sure.
And neither has Spendymore, Spawnymoor etc been ours, but it doesn't stop it being used on here does it. I'll call you what I want and seeing as though 1883 is part of your clubs name then where's the damage except in the Uncovered bubble?
If you were a little bit more original though we'd probably give you credit though.

Spendymore - is a reference to you spending a lot of non-bankrolled money
Spawnymoor - because in 3 games you managed to clutch a win from the jaws of draws & defeats

If you can think of a clever way to stick steamroller into Darlington then we'll let you have that.

Darlo-Richie

Post by Darlo-Richie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 am

When you look at it the name 'Darlington 1883' is a mouthful so people want to shorten it, as we go up the leagues people will just forget the '1883' part is even there! Which is why we chose it! :shh:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:12 am

northernlad73 wrote: Yeah, like its part of your clubs new name?

I rest my case ;)
Another part of our clubs new name is "Darlington"

Fuck your case.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 am

Darlo-Richie wrote:When you look at it the name 'Darlington 1883' is a mouthful so people want to shorten it, as we go up the leagues people will just forget the '1883' part is even there! Which is why we chose it! :shh:
Yep. I've no doubt as we progress up the leagues more and more people will just refer to us as Darlington or Darlo.

northernlad73

Post by northernlad73 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:14 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Utter rubbish. It's the other way round - if you offered any team with a modicum of ambition the choice between being promoted by winning their league, or winning some tinpot trophy for a year, they'd pick promotion every time.

Do Premier League teams prefer to win the league or the FA Cup? They prefer the league.

Do League One/Two sides prefer to win their league or the LDV Vans Johnstone's Paint Durex Rubber Jonnies Trophy? It's the league.

Do Conference sides prefer to win the FA Trophy or the league? You guessed it - the league.

The same should and does apply lower down the pyramid. It's only in the Northern League, where the division has this inferiority complex about not winning the Vase, do sides prioritise the Vase (hence Spenny cancelling league fixtures to focus on it).

I'm not on about a clubs priority. I'm on about the arranging and playing of fixtures ffs

Spenny have even cancelled league games to play a League Cup fixture! About as tinpot as you get.
Unbelievable Jeff!!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:14 am

lo36789 wrote:
If you can think of a clever way to stick steamroller into Darlington then we'll let you have that.
:lol: :lol:

Your rambling posts are now worth it for the gems like this you come up with.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:20 am

northernlad73 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I'm not on about a clubs priority. I'm on about the arranging and playing of fixtures ffs
Fixed the quote for you - another Northern League forum poster with the inability to quote properly.

On to the point itself - the two are interlinked. By saying cup games should take precedence over a league fixture - it points to what is regarded as more important by the league or the individual club.

As pointed out - it's not always the case that league games MUST get cancelled for a cup game.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am

League games being postponed for cup matches isn't that big a deal for me, as it does happen, it's postponing non clashing matches in the week leading up to a cup match (when you already have a fixture backlog) that baffles me.
Do any other step 5 leagues do this?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 am

I wonder how Martin Gray feels about this?

I would imagine he feels confident about sorting it out on the pitch but even so, Spennymoor shouldn't get a longer season than us. Does anyone honestly believe that they should?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Your rambling posts are now worth it for the gems like this you come up with.
Agreed. Lo is improving.

Can we change the steam engine on our crest for a steam roller?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Spyman on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 pm

northernlad73 wrote:
Christophano wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:

I rest my case ;)
Part of, sure.
And neither has Spendymore, Spawnymoor etc been ours, but it doesn't stop it being used on here does it. I'll call you what I want and seeing as though Darlington is part of your clubs name then where's the damage except in the Uncovered bubble?
We'll call you what you want on here, and you call us what you want on your own message board.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 pm

northernlad73 wrote:
Parochial village club preferring the comfort of being backslapped to repeated titles in a parochial anti-competitive village league (but that's all ok because of THE VASE IN THAT LONDON) etc etc

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 pm

5 year plan to get out of the Northern League? :lol:

Hilarious.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:54 pm

fat tony wrote:THE VASE IN THAT LONDON

"look at the size of those buildings Mum and proper black taxi cabs like you see ont TV"
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

"look at the size of those buildings Mum and proper black taxi cabs like you see ont TV"
And where are all the caravans......

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

And where are all the caravans......

"Shush now Ronan, we're nowhere near The Big Smoke yet, these are the outskirts of Darlington"
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!