Given the speculation..

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AlanSprouts
Team Supported: Darlington

Given the speculation..

Post by AlanSprouts » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:49 am

..about Moffat and Johnson. Who do we think will make way for one or both of these.
For me and knowing MG's ruthless approach about letting top goalscorers go, my 2p is on Amar. Having been to the last three games he has seemed out of sorts. Is he being played out of position? He seemed to perk up in a more central role after Dowson and Thompson went off and indeed his headed flick ons added something to our forward play. So who will be 'Seniored' this May?

lo36789

Re: Given the speculation..

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:01 am

AlanSprouts wrote:For me and knowing MG's ruthless approach about letting top goalscorers go, my 2p is on Amar.
Eh? Are you using the sole example of Shaun "can't get in Aycliffe's team" Reay?

For what it's worth I don't think either Dowson or Purewal have to go. Johnson might take a back seat helping out coaching/reserves and stay for emergencies. Other than that 3 strikers Dowson, Purewal & Moffat/Johnson seems pretty fair.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:25 am

lo36789 wrote:
AlanSprouts wrote:For me and knowing MG's ruthless approach about letting top goalscorers go, my 2p is on Amar.
Eh? Are you using the sole example of Shaun "can't get in Aycliffe's team" Reay?

For what it's worth I don't think either Dowson or Purewal have to go. Johnson might take a back seat helping out coaching/reserves and stay for emergencies. Other than that 3 strikers Dowson, Purewal & Moffat/Johnson seems pretty fair.
Little harsh given he was still our top scorer even after extended time on the bench.

Not just him Gray has been ruthless with. I like it, no messing.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 am

I don't expect any of our forwards will leave (unless they want to). Dowson & Purewal have both just signed 2 yr deals according to Gray at the last fans forum.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am

Amar has been signed on for 2 years, so no, I don't think he'll be shipped out, nor should he be.
Johnson's close to 32 now, I'd like to see him kept on and possibly trialled as a coach. He's still got games in him, but this will probably continue to be as a super sub and (if/when we get one) a reserve team player.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 am

I rate Purewall but his first touch lets him down sometimes.. there was a few occasions on Saturday when he was in a decent position but his first touch was heavy so the ball got away from him, other than that, he's a very good all round player

Darlo.For.Life

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:08 am

Christophano wrote:Amar has been signed on for 2 years, so no, I don't think he'll be shipped out, nor should he be.
Johnson's close to 32 now, I'd like to see him kept on and possibly trialled as a coach. He's still got games in him, but this will probably continue to be as a super sub and (if/when we get one) a reserve team player.
Johnson has already agreed to be a part of the youth setup next season as a coach and will continue to play for the team when needed.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 am

Darlo.For.Life wrote:
Christophano wrote:Amar has been signed on for 2 years, so no, I don't think he'll be shipped out, nor should he be.
Johnson has already agreed to be a part of the youth setup next season as a coach and will continue to play for the team when needed.
Excellent news, hopefully his passion for the club will rub off on them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 am

My point is merely that suggesting Gray has a track record of offloading top goalscorers in some sort of ruthless manner is not really based on anything!

I don't think he's been that ruthless, the changed we have made have been pretty timely and other than Dan Smith, Jack Norton there have been no 'first teamers' who have left!

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 am

lo36789 wrote:My point is merely that suggesting Gray has a track record of offloading top goalscorers in some sort of ruthless manner is not really based on anything!

I don't think he's been that ruthless, the changed we have made have been pretty timely and other than Dan Smith, Jack Norton there have been no 'first teamers' who have left!
Every decision has benefited us. I'm not complaining.
Long may it continue. :clap:
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:43 am

Robbie Painter wrote:I don't expect any of our forwards will leave (unless they want to). Dowson & Purewal have both just signed 2 yr deals according to Gray at the last fans forum.

I'm sure MG said, at that very forum, that no players would be leaving.

thomo27

Post by thomo27 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am

The 2 year contracts were just as likely to insure against another season in the northern league...personally i can see AJ replacing purewal..purewal is a good player up to the 18yard box however from there his finishing and his desire is poor

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm

thomo27 wrote:The 2 year contracts were just as likely to insure against another season in the northern league...personally i can see AJ replacing purewal..purewal is a good player up to the 18yard box however from there his finishing and his desire is poor
Desire poor? Total bollocks. He's signed a 2yr deal so won't be going anywhere
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Jesus, what is it with people constantly criticising on here? The lad has scored 20+ goals, proved vital for us over the course the season.

Give your heads a shake.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 pm

'His desire is poor'

:lol:

where do these c**** get this shite?

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:36 pm

And to insure against another season in the Northern league would only need a 1 year deal, surely.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:58 pm

thomo27 wrote:The 2 year contracts were just as likely to insure against another season in the northern league...personally i can see AJ replacing purewal..purewal is a good player up to the 18yard box however from there his finishing and his desire is poor
I wish Darlington fans wouldn't post derogatory statements about our players. Amar, as has all the Darlington players, displayed a first class attitude throughout this season. I am very grateful to each and every one of them. Yes, Amar hasn't hit the net for a couple of games but he's still our top scorer and his overall contribution has been excellent. They aren't full time pros, so they shouldn't have to put up with the same levels of scrutiny.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't know how anyone can question desire in any of our lads, have you seen the table and see what we have been up against this year?

The mentality displayed by all of them has been first class. Two players that I think are vital to the way in which we play if for nothing else they keep the side balanced are Amar Purewal & Chris Emms.

When those 2 play we are a better side, even if they don't seem to contribute a great deal during the match individually things just seem to work better when they play.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Well if we get Fisher now he is a free agent then two of them will be keeping the bench warm on a very regular basis, what a brilliant problem to have, which one of our regular goal scorers do we not play tonight...... well that will be a choice of 8 or 9 then lol

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:20 pm

lo36789 wrote:I don't know how anyone can question desire in any of our lads, have you seen the table and see what we have been up against this year?

The mentality displayed by all of them has been first class. Two players that I think are vital to the way in which we play if for nothing else they keep the side balanced are Amar Purewal & Chris Emms.

When those 2 play we are a better side, even if they don't seem to contribute a great deal during the match individually things just seem to work better when they play.
This x 10 x10 x10

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Apart from Thompson, who everyone can see is just too good for this level, I would have to say Emms has been my stand out player this season.

I thought Nicholls was doing really well when he was in the team but when Emms got his chance he really took it with both hands.

He often is a little quiet and he attempts the odd 'worldy' pass that seems to not go to plan, but his link up play and positioning always seem top notch and the term "smart" seems to apply well to his game he just reads it well.

Just wish he would sit in them scholes positions when the left footed corners are coming in, they always seem to drop on the edge of the box and it just looks like we could do with someone who could rifle home from that distance !

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 pm

i've seen enough darlo forwards in the past with 'no desire' to know that Amar isn't one of them. Personally, I like the fellow because he is quite a unique sort of player. I've come to the conclusion that he prefers a more central role.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 pm

I can only assume this is a typo and you have seen him attempting to cover some 90s R&B at Karaoke night?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

thomo27

Post by thomo27 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Spyman wrote:
I can only assume this is a typo and you have seen him attempting to cover some 90s R&B at Karaoke night?
No typo...but it does read pretty bad :-)

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:24 pm

andi_darlo wrote:Apart from Thompson, who everyone can see is just too good for this level, I would have to say Emms has been my stand out player this season.

I thought Nicholls was doing really well when he was in the team but when Emms got his chance he really took it with both hands.

He often is a little quiet and he attempts the odd 'worldy' pass that seems to not go to plan, but his link up play and positioning always seem top notch and the term "smart" seems to apply well to his game he just reads it well.

Just wish he would sit in them scholes positions when the left footed corners are coming in, they always seem to drop on the edge of the box and it just looks like we could do with someone who could rifle home from that distance !
wish we had a Galbraith eh?
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:45 pm

I really rate Amar - he's a subtle player, which is an important thing to have in such a blood-and-thunder league. He doesn't charge around and get in the channels so much, but that's fine as Dowson does that admirably. I think they compliment each other really well.