NL at it again..

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo.For.Life
Team Supported: Darlington

NL at it again..

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Paul Bennett (Hebburn Manager): Cant quite believe what i heard tonight from an official. Told to mark a certain manager down by a member of NL league management committee and apparantly the official had already submitted his report and got a call to say would you review your mark from excellent to poor....#corrupt

Bogratsteve

Re: NL at it again..

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 pm

The NL becomes more of a joke by the hour never mind the day or week

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Who makes up the NL management committee ?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 pm

That would be Mickey Mouse, Albert Bigleek and Spen666.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo.For.Life

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm

darlotoon wrote:Who makes up the NL management committee ?

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Amazing how the Northern League get away with all this.

No wonder they've been so fearful and defensive towards an outsider like us being in the league, and have all patted Spenny on the back to multiple promotion-dodging titles. They don't want anyone coming in to see what's going on, or for anyone to leave.

It's like a weird Fritzl basement of inbred backwater football.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 pm

fat tony wrote:Amazing how the Northern League get away with all this.

No wonder they've been so fearful and defensive towards an outsider like us being in the league, and have all patted Spenny on the back to multiple promotion-dodging titles. They don't want anyone coming in to see what's going on, or for anyone to leave.

But you have to question why? Who are they trying to impress? It's not as if they are using it to advance any of their clubs towards bigger and better things.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

SuperQuaker

Post by SuperQuaker » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:18 pm

I don't quite follow. What exactly is the Hebburn manager marking other managers on and why?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

kingswaykid
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by kingswaykid » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 am

Spyman wrote:
fat tony wrote:Amazing how the Northern League get away with all this.

But you have to question why? Who are they trying to impress? It's not as if they are using it to advance any of their clubs towards bigger and better things.
It's all about the vase. It's the be all and end all. I said on here at start of the season that if Spenny were 20 points clear at the top of the league they still wouldn't take promotion unless they'd won the vase. It's Mike Amos's holy grail and always will be. They love dominating it. The fixture pile up became secondary once Shildon and Spenny reached the semi. If they both reached the final it would of been his wet dream like last year with West and Dunston. Tinpot Mickey Mouse joke of a league, simple as that.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 am

SuperQuaker wrote:I don't quite follow. What exactly is the Hebburn manager marking other managers on and why?
He isn't marking anyone, he was told this by an official.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:41 am

I read something into Amos' blog here.

He mentions the FA were going to watch Hebburn "I have no idea why". Obviously there has been some rumours about Hebburn's manner in which they play.

I suspect they were being watched by bigwigs at the FA as part of the secret shopper initiative.

Their behaviour was probably below the expecations that Amos wants to be showing off given how much of a success the programme has been but the referee's report does not reflect this.

As a result they want the referee's report to reflect the interpretation by the FA on the day.

Or potentially the referee's report said good, the secret shopper said poor and the FA are enquiring as to why there is such a different and maybe questioning why the secret shopper is not consistent with the expectations of a referee!? So the NL want to make it appear consistent.

That is my guess, nice little conspiracy but it's my guess.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 am

I think the cameras were at Hebburn for a Budweiser commercial to be aired on FA cup final day ( according to NLZ).
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 am

fat tony wrote: It's like a weird Fritzl basement of inbred backwater football.
Best football analogy since Alan Pardew's rapegate

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:23 am

Here's a good conspiracy - the NL wanted the ref to mark Martin Gray down, because now they're faced with the unpalletable truth that we're going to win their league, they want to ensure that we at least finish bottom of their Secret Shopper league.

That means that when we leave them - and let's face it, they wanted us down here for as long as possible - they can say "glad they're gone anyway, they're bad eggs".

Do I win Conspiracy Theory of the day?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:28 am

Early contender Q but in with a shout, but all depends if DC is on the sauce tonight

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:53 am

Quakerz wrote:Here's a good conspiracy - the NL wanted the ref to mark Martin Gray down, because now they're faced with the unpalletable truth that we're going to win their league, they want to ensure that we at least finish bottom of their Secret Shopper league.

That means that when we leave them - and let's face it, they wanted us down here for as long as possible - they can say "glad they're gone anyway, they're bad eggs".

:lol:

If what Bennett has said is true, then what a ridiculous going on - get me out of this league!

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 am

al_quaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Here's a good conspiracy - the NL wanted the ref to mark Martin Gray down, because now they're faced with the unpalletable truth that we're going to win their league, they want to ensure that we at least finish bottom of their Secret Shopper league.

:lol:

If what Bennett has said is true, then what a ridiculous going on - get me out of this league!
Thats the point....IF what he said is true.......its on Twitter now, so if is or isnt, one way or another it will come back to haunt him - or the NL