DAB RADIO COVERAGE

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Weststand19
Team Supported: Darlington

DAB RADIO COVERAGE

Post by Darlo_Weststand19 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Just bought one to listen to games i cannot get to. Can any one advise how to tune in for Darlo coverage please.

wylam_rangers

Re: DAB RADIO COVERAGE

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:05 pm

Darlo_Weststand19 wrote:Just bought one to listen to games i cannot get to. Can any one advise how to tune in for Darlo coverage please.
On a Saturday afternoon from 1400 BBC Tees sport covers Boro, Pools and Darlo matches.

From 1500 at ko Boro are on FM whilst Darlo (Ray Simpson) and Pools share DAB in (roughly) 10 minute bursts cutting back and forth with any action.

For midweek games there is usually full commentary on DAB.

BBC Tees sport is on every evening from 1800-2000 and is starting to give pretty good Darlo coverage. We'll have to see what happens this season but the usual format is/was:

Monday Look back at the weekend games
Tuesday Ex player/manager in the studio
Wed Fans forum - supporter from Darlo, Boro, Pools
Thur Press - Local & national hacks
Fri Preview of the weekend and betting odds

trotskycat

Post by trotskycat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Just tune to BBC Tees. On matchdays they broadcast Boro live on FM and Darlo and the Chimp Chokers on DAB. The station effectively splits in two from 3PM.

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Daft question alert...

Is there any way to get BBC Tees daaaahn saaaarf on DAB? It doesn't appear on my display when tuning, so I wondered if you had to deliberately tune it to beacons in Teesport or homing pigeons or something? If not, it's back to the dubious online coverage on the Beeb website.

Cheers

RH79

Post by RH79 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:08 am

It is regioanl based even on DAB so you wont get it. You might get it on your Sky box if you are lucky. You used to be able to choose the stream on the BBC website but that seems to have gone and you get a re boradcast of the FM signal.

It will be that or paying for the online subscription for the live commentary. Although you will be able to listen to Test Match Special on 5 live extra so it was worth buying the radio!

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Aye - cheers - use the radio for 5 Live Extra for the cricket already - thought that was the case for the footy, but thought I'd double check for my technical incompetance levels...

No chance of Sky coverage through the box as we don't even have a TV... It's worth not having a gogglebox just for the entertainment once a year when the TV licensing people turn up and demand entry for non-payment of the licence tax *ahem* fee. :lol:

Thanks though. :)

BBC_TEES

Post by BBC_TEES » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi,

If I can clarify the way you can get BBC Tees DAB service - just select 'BBC Tees' on your DAB radio on a Saturday, then this will automatically give you the Darlington coverage - there is no DAB option as such because you are already listening on DAB.

BBC Tees on DAB is only available in the BBC Tees area, so a DAB radio in another part of the county will give you the BBC local radio station for that part of the country, eg BBC Radio Leeds in Leeds etc. This works exactly the same as FM - ie, you can't get BBC Tees on FM in London, but you can get BBC London!

For exiles, our output is available online, but due to an agreement between the Football League and the clubs, BBC local radio (so not 5 Live) cannot broadcast commentary on league games on the internet. This is different for the FA Cup and some individual games. Hence why if you listen online, the feed will stop around 1455, just before kick off and come back on after the game. I realise this must be frustrating but I'm afraid its out of our hands. You will be able to get our commentary on Quakers World.

Finally, we don't broadcast on Sky.

Hope that clears up any confusion! The good news is that BBC Tees will be present at EVERY league and cup game, home and away and we will always cover the game either on DAB, and sometimes FM, when Middlesbrough are not playing at the same time.

Cheers,

James Mountford

supermariodorner

Post by supermariodorner » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 pm

i have DAB and its worth the investment