Todays Crowd

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

davidcurrieclass
Team Supported: Darlington

Todays Crowd

Post by davidcurrieclass » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:03 pm

If it wasn't all ticket and was at a venue say the arena how many do you reckon we would have got? I reckon at least 3000. Next season I reckon our crowds will go up simply because of the lack of local away games which as affected our home crowds

quakerray

Re: Todays Crowd

Post by quakerray » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:17 pm

looking at today and at the 1st game vs bishop we can fit more that 2000 in hp.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Tonight is not the night to bitch on about the fucking arena. We e just won the league and gained promotion. Enjoy yourself.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:00 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Tonight is not the night to bitch on about the fucking arena. We e just won the league and gained promotion. Enjoy yourself.
It has made me ill, all that adrenaline rushing through the veins is wearing off with a splitting headache and aching all over...

Still, I wouldnt change today for anything

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:12 am

It wasn't all ticket, so your point is moot.

davidcurrieclass

Post by davidcurrieclass » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 am

it might as well of been all ticket as I don't think many were gonna turn up and risk not getting in when it was known it would be close to sell out. I wasn't bitching about arena I meant in a round about way that darlo support is bigger than the 2000 there yesterday and we should see if we can the capacity increased by about 500 at least. Its ridiculous that its 2004, when you look at highlights it looks empty.Especially if we are challenging at top of evo stik next season or get a good fa trophy run.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:16 am

davidcurrieclass wrote:it might as well of been all ticket as I don't think many were gonna turn up and risk not getting in when it was known it would be close to sell out. I wasn't bitching about arena I meant in a round about way that darlo support is bigger than the 2000 there yesterday and we should see if we can the capacity increased by about 500 at least. Its ridiculous that its 2004, when you look at highlights it looks empty.Especially if we are challenging at top of evo stik next season or get a good fa trophy run.
Those grassy banks are not allowed to be counted though which is the problem, I can't see the capacity being changed much other than what the open stand increased over those who stood in that area.

If we get approx 2k on Wed night we will finish with an average of over 1,300 which is phenomenal considering the amount of mid-week games/possible postponed games and freezing cold games we have had 12 miles from our own town.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:21 am

Well the capacity would no doubt go up if we had it re-assessed to include our uncovered seating and adding uncovered terracing down the dugout side of the pitch would add a good amount, but we really can't afford to be upgrading someone else's ground (particularly not for 2 matches per season). I guess Bishop could afford to put some of the rent towards it, but the ground is plenty big enough for their crowds, so they really don't need to.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 am

davidcurrieclass wrote:it might as well of been all ticket as I don't think many were gonna turn up and risk not getting in when it was known it would be close to sell out. I wasn't bitching about arena I meant in a round about way that darlo support is bigger than the 2000 there yesterday and we should see if we can the capacity increased by about 500 at least. Its ridiculous that its 2004, when you look at highlights it looks empty.Especially if we are challenging at top of evo stik next season or get a good fa trophy run.
People to see to stop worrying about this so much. I would recommend that next season the club never make games all ticket, unless they are trying to boost otherwise poor attendances - the all ticket thing seems to scare people into action! If people turn up then I am sure they will find a way into the ground.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:49 am

davidcurrieclass wrote:it might as well of been all ticket as I don't think many were gonna turn up and risk not getting in when it was known it would be close to sell out.
Totally agree. I live 120 miles away and didn't travel up for that exact reason (as with the Spenny game). As poor as the atmosphere is compared to HP/Feethams you would have had at least 4000 for that game at the Arena.
2000 is not a good crowd when last season we had 2 crowds of 6000 (and nearly 10000 thanks to drunken NEWU) and scored hardly any goals and charged £18!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:04 am

Hmmm I also live 120 miles away, wanted to go to the match so ordered tickets via Tony Waters and collected them before the match, no hassle or problems, the mechanism is in place to go to all ticket/busy matches for exiles.

Yesterday at the Arena would have been a poorer experience with a few thousand in.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:09 am

Darl-Zero wrote:
davidcurrieclass wrote:it might as well of been all ticket as I don't think many were gonna turn up and risk not getting in when it was known it would be close to sell out.
Totally agree. I live 120 miles away and didn't travel up for that exact reason (as with the Spenny game). As poor as the atmosphere is compared to HP/Feethams you would have had at least 4000 for that game at the Arena.
2000 is not a good crowd when last season we had 2 crowds of 6000 (and nearly 10000 thanks to drunken NEWU) and scored hardly any goals and charged £18!
Sounds great when you put it like that - don't let the additional facts get in the way of a good story though.

As has been said - the facility is there for people like yourself to get tickets prior to the game - use it.

Secondly, those crowds you speak of were due to massive, massive publicity in newspapers and on TV to try and get as many people there as possible. Yesterday's game had nowhere near the same coverage.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2