CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

User avatar
mikkyx
Site Admin
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm

CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by mikkyx » Thu May 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Image

Don't forget to follow them: https://twitter.com/DFCCIC
Mike Price - @mikkyx
---
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
One fifth of Darlo Fans Radio and one half of the Darlo Radio Football Show

User avatar
dfc1883
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by dfc1883 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 pm

New Badge, as in New badge for the Football Club?, or New Badge for the CIC?

I hope we're really not considering changing the Football Club badge with the history that goes with it that?, and as a second note the price that we paid to actually keep that badge.

:thumbdown:

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 09, 2013 12:56 pm

It'll surely be a new badge for the CIC. Why would we change the badge of the football club?

I like it (for the CIC), although I'm not sure why we need a separate badge for the CIC and the football club? Maybe there are commercial benefits by having a big distinction between the CIC and the football side.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11927
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Spyman » Thu May 09, 2013 12:58 pm

The CIC wasn't formed in 1883, the football club was.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 09, 2013 1:01 pm

That's true.

It was tweeted from the CIC account, not the official darlo account. I can't see why we would change the badge of the football side.

shawry
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by shawry » Thu May 09, 2013 1:04 pm

that message looks like a club message though, as I dont think the CIC can call themselves the 12th man?

User avatar
Darlo will
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Darlo will » Thu May 09, 2013 1:07 pm

I hate it. It looks too modern and generic
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu May 09, 2013 1:12 pm

It looks very MLS.

If its for the club it looks shite, if its for the CIC no comment.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

User avatar
Darlo will
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Darlo will » Thu May 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:It looks very MLS.
Spot on there
Last edited by Darlo will on Thu May 09, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

User avatar
Santino
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:44 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Santino » Thu May 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm not one for thinking that supporters should have a say in everything but surely the CIC wouldn't be so thick as to change the club badge without consulting fans?

If it's just a logo for the CIC, it's fine, I suppose.

Tori_Gill
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:41 am
Team Supported: DFC
Location: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Tori_Gill » Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm

I saw this new logo a few moths ago (minus the 12th man thing) however, I also saw a new club logo (replacing the current Quakers one) and it was similar to this CIC one as the idea was that they would work in partnership with each other.

Personally, I could get why it's thought the club/CIC would need re-branding, it would attract more commercial interest but at the same time, we didn't pay £70k for nothing and the quaker logo is part of our history, replacing it would make us look like a pheonix club which of course we aren't. Perhaps if there is going to be a new club logo (and I have absolutely no idea if there will be), it's something the CIC members would vote on.

ps, the new club logo was never shown to the rest of the board therefore wasn't discussed as a group. It was just an idea and it seems the CIC re-branding has been adopted.

Ingleby
Posts: 1512
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Ingleby » Thu May 09, 2013 1:30 pm

That's the old new one haha. Red background now.

Taking inspiration from the Darlos12thMan account it seems, #12man every other tweet

Hope they don't keep banging the religion in their new campaign
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Update:

"New CIC logo for our 12th man campaign designed by our fans in our work-streams exciting campaign involving fans and the community #12thman"

so it's just a CIC logo.

As above then, I'm not quite sure why we need separate badges, but if it will help bring in finance then good! I quite like it, as a CIC badge.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11927
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Spyman » Thu May 09, 2013 1:41 pm

As long as Darlington FC is still Darlington (1883) FC with the same crest we paid for and playing in the same colours, with the same illustrious list of trophies, then I care not what this new lgo looks like or what it is for.

Personally I don't see why everything and anything needs a logo - I'd just use the one we've got for everything, to force the brand home. But it is seemingly not a big deal.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13162
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by divas » Thu May 09, 2013 1:41 pm

As Tori says there were 2 designs done - one for the football club and one for the CIC with the CIC logo clearly saying CIC

It seems they've decided to use the football club logo for the CIC - further mudies the water IMO (I'll wait to be accosted by the usual folk for disagreeing with the CIC board though)

Ingleby
Posts: 1512
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Ingleby » Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 pm

I thought the CIC was the club therefore should have the club badge. Not to worry :)
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13162
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by divas » Thu May 09, 2013 1:47 pm

The CIC is pretty much the same as the Trust - the Trust has its own logo so can't see why the CIC shouldn't. However what it should do is reference the CIC, not a new mock up of the football club badge.

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 09, 2013 1:51 pm

divas wrote:The CIC is pretty much the same as the Trust - the Trust has its own logo so can't see why the CIC shouldn't. However what it should do is reference the CIC, not a new mock up of the football club badge.
Good point, and I can now see why there is a different logo. As you say though, the CIC needs to be referenced on the badge(unless of course the logo includes the writing on the right hand side?).

There's a red version on twitter now too, but I think I prefer the black one.

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu May 09, 2013 1:55 pm

divas wrote:As Tori says there were 2 designs done - one for the football club and one for the CIC with the CIC logo clearly saying CIC

It seems they've decided to use the football club logo for the CIC - further mudies the water IMO (I'll wait to be accosted by the usual folk for disagreeing with the CIC board though)
Why would you be accosted for this post? If that badge is going to replace the shirt crest then someone needs a hot poker ramming where the sun don't shine!

Why does the club need a new badge? It has a very expensive hard fought for one already!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

User avatar
Hilly
Posts: 6250
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Hilly » Thu May 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Not keen that the CIC has a 'badge', logo...fine, but a badge muddies the water.

Picky I know but you've got to be careful about these things.

quakersam
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:35 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Stockton

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by quakersam » Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Hilly wrote:Not keen that the CIC has a 'badge', logo...fine, but a badge muddies the water.

Picky I know but you've got to be careful about these things.
:lol: :lol:
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

TDS
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by TDS » Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm

I doubt this was an attempt to creep a badge change into the club guys, however it does seem a little unnecessary. I thought volunteer's time was precious? :lol: (joking, before somebody asks me if I can do a better job).

Logo/badge aside I like the "Darlo's 12th man" slogan, it unifies the CIC and the fans with the football club directly although it may need to be left out of more neutral community projects we get involved with.

Good to see some progress being made in regards to the CIC and I hope some of the worries people have expressed recently regarding the setup will be more at ease with what it stands for. :clap:

User avatar
Hilly
Posts: 6250
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Hilly » Thu May 09, 2013 3:33 pm

quakersam wrote:
Hilly wrote:Not keen that the CIC has a 'badge', logo...fine, but a badge muddies the water.

Picky I know but you've got to be careful about these things.
:lol: :lol:
Well it's true! There's a difference between a badge and a logo from a design point of view. Badges should be kept for teams and clubs, logos are for businesses, groups etc... and before anyone pipes up we can probably argue about terminology until we're blue in the face.

BlackandwhiteBOB
Posts: 633
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu May 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Hilly wrote:
quakersam wrote:
Hilly wrote:Not keen that the CIC has a 'badge', logo...fine, but a badge muddies the water.

Picky I know but you've got to be careful about these things.
:lol: :lol:
Well it's true! There's a difference between a badge and a logo from a design point of view. Badges should be kept for teams and clubs, logos are for businesses, groups etc... and before anyone pipes up we can probably argue about terminology until we're blue in the face.
It's being referred to as a logo though, not a badge.

shawry
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by shawry » Thu May 09, 2013 3:52 pm

LOL, just to be arsey about things.

the CIC are the 12th man, does that make the crowd on a matchday the 13th man now?

On a serious note.
I actually do not like that at all, it really looks like a club statement, rather than a CIC logo, and thats disappointing.

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 09, 2013 3:54 pm

"Just to confirm the logo was a CIC logo for a new campaign not a replacement for the club crest sorry if some people were confused by that."

User avatar
Hilly
Posts: 6250
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Hilly » Thu May 09, 2013 3:56 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
Hilly wrote:
quakersam wrote:
Hilly wrote:Not keen that the CIC has a 'badge', logo...fine, but a badge muddies the water.

Picky I know but you've got to be careful about these things.
:lol: :lol:
Well it's true! There's a difference between a badge and a logo from a design point of view. Badges should be kept for teams and clubs, logos are for businesses, groups etc... and before anyone pipes up we can probably argue about terminology until we're blue in the face.
It's being referred to as a logo though, not a badge.
Given that it is in a shield surely that makes it a badge? At least it does in my eyes.

Anyway, we're arguing about semantics which is never good.

shawry
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by shawry » Thu May 09, 2013 4:00 pm

al_quaker wrote:"Just to confirm the logo was a CIC logo for a new campaign not a replacement for the club crest sorry if some people were confused by that."

Is that really true? because

Darlington CIC, our 12th man

next to a badge that doesnt have anything to indicate its a CIC badge/logo really makes it look like its a statement/advert from the club.

I know lines are blurred between CIC and club, but this wont help unblur them.

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm

shawry wrote:
al_quaker wrote:"Just to confirm the logo was a CIC logo for a new campaign not a replacement for the club crest sorry if some people were confused by that."

Is that really true? because

Darlington CIC, our 12th man

next to a badge that doesnt have anything to indicate its a CIC badge/logo really makes it look like its a statement/advert from the club.

I know lines are blurred between CIC and club, but this wont help unblur them.
I agree - the shield should have CIC written on it somewhere, to make it clear that it is the CIC logo.

I was just quoting the latest update from the CIC twitter account!

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11927
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CIC Twitter account - new badge?

Post by Spyman » Thu May 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Hilly wrote:
BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
Hilly wrote:
quakersam wrote:
Hilly wrote:Not keen that the CIC has a 'badge', logo...fine, but a badge muddies the water.

Picky I know but you've got to be careful about these things.
:lol: :lol:
Well it's true! There's a difference between a badge and a logo from a design point of view. Badges should be kept for teams and clubs, logos are for businesses, groups etc... and before anyone pipes up we can probably argue about terminology until we're blue in the face.
It's being referred to as a logo though, not a badge.
Given that it is in a shield surely that makes it a badge? At least it does in my eyes.

Anyway, we're arguing about semantics which is never good.
Given that it's a shield, surely that makes it a shield?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Post Reply