NL Manager of the Year

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

User avatar
Darlo.For.Life
Posts: 1666
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newcastle

NL Manager of the Year

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Fri May 24, 2013 9:34 pm

The Northern League Manager of the Year award goes too.......... Jason Ainsley.

Jeff Jones
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:28 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: North of Scotland

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Jeff Jones » Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 pm

WHAT???????????

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 pm

And Moore of Spennymoor has won player of the year. Congratulations to him and Ainsley - they have both had very good seasons.

(Insert comment here about how the NL are obsessed with the FA Vase and Spennymoor Town)

User avatar
Darlo.For.Life
Posts: 1666
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newcastle

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Fri May 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Surely it should be voted on the performance of the manager in that particular competition and not cups?

tdk1
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by tdk1 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:52 pm

On the other hand, fuck 'em. Who cares? Only one trophy mattered this season, we got it.

charlie

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by charlie » Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Well on the positive were onwards and upwards

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Darlo.For.Life wrote:Surely it should be voted on the performance of the manager in that particular competition and not cups?
:lol: Have you not been paying attention to how the Northern League is run?!

Vase > League Cup > County Cup > The actual northern league > promotion.

m62exile
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by m62exile » Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 pm

No surprise, just sums up what the Northern League really think of us. A nice sly little dig to finish off with...

banktopp
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by banktopp » Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 pm

" Fuck you and your parochial little tin pot league and awards ,we are out of here"
Is one possible response.

fat tony
Posts: 3405
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by fat tony » Fri May 24, 2013 10:12 pm

We could get annoyed about another instance of buck-toothed simpletons circle-jerking over 'one of their own' in a bungled attempt to snub the fact we've just completely steamrollered their backwards league... but... whatever... we're out of here! Leave them to it.

Congratulations to Jason on guiding his team to second place behind the manager who started the season with no players but built a team that blitzed the league by 13 points and smashed its alltime points and goals records. A worthy winner, obviously.

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 24, 2013 10:30 pm

fat tony wrote: Congratulations to Jason on guiding his team to second place behind the manager who started the season with no players but built a team that blitzed the league by 13 points and smashed its alltime points and goals records. A worthy winner, obviously.
:lol: :clap:

User avatar
quakerkid
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Stockton-on-Tees

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by quakerkid » Fri May 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Fuck them moving on to bigger and better things

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11927
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Spyman » Fri May 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Martin Gray isn't a Northern League manager.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat May 25, 2013 12:18 am

fat tony wrote:Congratulations to Jason on guiding his team to second place behind the manager who started the season with no players but built a team that blitzed the league by 13 points and smashed its alltime points and goals records. A worthy winner, obviously.
:lol:

This league is a joke.

dickdarlington
Posts: 1476
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by dickdarlington » Sat May 25, 2013 1:21 am

They do have a habit of giving it to the vase winners. In fact this is the first time Ainsley has won it. Just proves how they only care about the vase and the league is just a means to the end. Couldn't care less about it now. But it still amazes me just how wrong the NL board have got their priorities.

Still, we're out of it now. And to paraphrase Quakerz, we are back in the pyramid where progression and improvement matters.

AIDO
Posts: 2489
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by AIDO » Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 am

Total and utter disgrace ..... Unfortunately it underlines the parochial idiocy of north east football and more especially its numb brain hierarchy at this level.

In my eyes it makes our achievement that much better, in that Martin Gray, the players and us the supporters, did what we did against a tide of of such unprecedented ignorance of what we are and where we came from.

I won't even wish them good luck with it .... Any of em. They ALL deserve each other and we are well rid.

In some respects, politically, it tells me how the rest of the country portrays people in the north east; the way I feel just now ...... And no doubt BBC look north (deliberate small case btw), will probs have a special feature on monday about Ainsley and his "amazing achievement" on running the big time Charlie's from down south a close (13 points behind) second .... !!

THANKS MARTIN GRAY ..... THANKS! From all Darlo supporters .... and after all, there are more of us than all them put together ........

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 25, 2013 8:04 am

AIDO wrote:Total and utter disgrace ..... Unfortunately it underlines the parochial idiocy of north east football and more especially its numb brain hierarchy at this level.

In my eyes it makes our achievement that much better, in that Martin Gray, the players and us the supporters, did what we did against a tide of of such unprecedented ignorance of what we are and where we came from.

I won't even wish them good luck with it .... Any of em. They ALL deserve each other and we are well rid.

In some respects, politically, it tells me how the rest of the country portrays people in the north east; the way I feel just now ...... And no doubt BBC look north (deliberate small case btw), will probs have a special feature on monday about Ainsley and his "amazing achievement" on running the big time Charlie's from down south a close (13 points behind) second .... !!

THANKS MARTIN GRAY ..... THANKS! From all Darlo supporters .... and after all, there are more of us than all them put together ........
This.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 25, 2013 8:04 am

fat tony wrote:We could get annoyed about another instance of buck-toothed simpletons circle-jerking over 'one of their own' in a bungled attempt to snub the fact we've just completely steamrollered their backwards league... but... whatever... we're out of here! Leave them to it.

Congratulations to Jason on guiding his team to second place behind the manager who started the season with no players but built a team that blitzed the league by 13 points and smashed its alltime points and goals records. A worthy winner, obviously.
And this.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Orvil
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Orvil » Sat May 25, 2013 8:50 am

I actually agree with most of you here. Jason should have won it the last 3 years for winning the league. Now he finishes 2nd in the league but wins the vase and wins manager of the year. Im not saying it isn't deserved because it is but I was a little surprised it wasnt MG.

User avatar
njb
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:27 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by njb » Sat May 25, 2013 10:01 am

Anyone know if there was a team of the year (I.e. all star team type of thing) as part of these awards?

lo36789
Posts: 9247
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 am

Bell, Harrison, Brown, Tait, Scott, Emms, Gott, Galbraith, Thompson, Dowson, Purewal.

Every single other team in the division would be beaten by them...

Alfie
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Eye, Suffolk

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Alfie » Sat May 25, 2013 10:29 am

From the NL web site:

Dunston UTS won the first division Fair Play and Good Conduct awards

The Lincoln Quaker
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Lincoln

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by The Lincoln Quaker » Sat May 25, 2013 10:52 am

Spyman wrote:Martin Gray isn't a Northern League manager.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Nail on head!!

We can forget about them and they can forget about us and pretend it never happened Last season was a bit different for them as someone actually wanted to leave the inbred Amish league. Goodbye Northern league.

User avatar
davidcorks 40yard OG
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 am

Alfie wrote:From the NL web site:

Dunston UTS won the first division Fair Play and Good Conduct awards

Should have had the Manager award for the sourest grapes as well :lol:
Image

al_quaker
Posts: 5735
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by al_quaker » Sat May 25, 2013 11:32 am

I see the top 3 players were Moore, Butler at Ryhope, and Chow of Bay. Now, I'm sure all 3 have had very good seasons, but for us not to have a player in the top 3 of of the player of the year, or for Gray not to win manager of the year, or for one of our players to win Young player of the year (went to Fairley at Bay) after the season we have had - we are statistically one of the very best NL teams of all time - is quite staggering. The only award someone at our club won was handed out by BBC Newcastle and not the Northern League itself- says it all really.

fanforlife
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 1:30 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: atmecomp

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by fanforlife » Sat May 25, 2013 11:55 am

let's face it we had the manager of the season , the team of the season , the fans of the season , the back room staff of the season , the refreshments of the season and my god did it show . you were lucky to have us and we certainly gave the northern league far more than they ever gave us . goodbye :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

lo36789
Posts: 9247
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:12 pm

fanforlife wrote:the refreshments of the season
Dunno I heard Guisborough had some awesome sandwiches...

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11927
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Spyman » Sat May 25, 2013 1:30 pm

fanforlife wrote:let's face it we had the manager of the season , the team of the season , the fans of the season , the back room staff of the season , the refreshments of the season and my god did it show . you were lucky to have us and we certainly gave the northern league far more than they ever gave us . goodbye :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Dunno about that, they gave us a trophy (or we took it).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2223
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Almost a year to the day we had a management team but little else, we sign virtually a playing squad of players not contracted to other clubs, most of the top players were tied down to contracts with other clubs yet we win 40 out of 46 games with a goal difference of over 100,the best set of results probably in non league football, and Martin gets pipped for this award by a manager who has established himself in the Northern League over 4 or 5 years, and with a healthy budget can hand pick the cream of the crop. Typical Amos bias towards his Spenny Vase winning, tin pot Northern League cup winning, biting off more than they can chew little favourites. Thank god we are out of this league for good and back in the pyramid run by football people who know what they are doing and appear to be welcoming us into there league with a lot more respect than we received from the Northern League.

Chow ahead of Thommo, do me a favour you bunch of jokers.

User avatar
Christophano
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NL Manager of the Year

Post by Christophano » Sat May 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Orvil wrote:I actually agree with most of you here. Jason should have won it the last 3 years for winning the league. Now he finishes 2nd in the league but wins the vase and wins manager of the year. Im not saying it isn't deserved because it is but I was a little surprised it wasnt MG.
I agree with this.
Jason Ainsley has done very well, and the fact that he only won it once he won the vase (because league champions 3 times in a row ain't enough) just emphasises, again, where the league's priorities lie.

Post Reply