Gray staying

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Gray staying

Post by al_quaker » Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Re: Gray staying

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Fair enough, honest interview. Lets all move on together.

Please for the love of god can we have a cheeky cup run this year!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed May 24, 2017 5:23 pm

I think we need a statement to confirm that this statement is fact and not fiction :think:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:55 pm

loan_star wrote:I think we need a statement to confirm that this statement is fact and not fiction :think:
Craig Stoddart has given us all we need to know about Martins intentions in his echo report, so brilliant news.Perfect timing loan star.Happy days after all the uncertainty and very well done Wayne Raper and John Tempest.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Wed May 24, 2017 6:25 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
loan_star wrote:I think we need a statement to confirm that this statement is fact and not fiction :think:
Craig Stoddart has given us all we need to know about Martins intentions in his echo report, so brilliant news.Perfect timing loan star.Happy days after all the uncertainty and very well done Wayne Raper and John Tempest.

Well said Ron although he did seem a little dismissive of fundraising etc st the forum...or is it just me? Anyway, great that he's onboard. Roll on next season and the lush away kit

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Shame there's been no apology to the fans for his behaviour and threats but time to move on and focus on raising the money needed for the ground improvements.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quakermass

Gray staying

Post by quakermass » Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Nick I'm already looking forward to Bradford Park Avenue away! There's a great curry house 5 mins from the ground...£8.95 for four courses plus coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by quakermass on Wed May 24, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bga

Post by bga » Wed May 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Am relieved he is staying great news. Without being picky regards some of MG's comments, a really good interview and report of it by the Echo. Let's keep that money rolling in.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 24, 2017 7:28 pm

great news to get it confirmed that he remains committed to the club. Hopefully this news will give a boost to the squad funding appeal.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Spyman wrote:Shame there's been no apology to the fans for his behaviour and threats but time to move on and focus on raising the money needed for the ground improvements.

Quote from the article....

"Apologies have been made, and now we’re moving on. I did what I did for what I thought was the best interests of the club, because I care."

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 24, 2017 8:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
Spyman wrote:Shame there's been no apology to the fans for his behaviour and threats but time to move on and focus on raising the money needed for the ground improvements.

"Apologies have been made, and now we’re moving on. I did what I did for what I thought was the best interests of the club, because I care."
The implication is that he's made some apologies behind closed doors - probably to John Tempest and Wayne Raper.

However a wider apology to the owners of the club that he called a laughing stock and tried to hold to ransom is yet to be made from what I can see.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

exiled fan

Post by exiled fan » Wed May 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

The implication is that he's made some apologies behind closed doors - probably to John Tempest and Wayne Raper.

However a wider apology to the owners of the club that he called a laughing stock and tried to hold to ransom is yet to be made from what I can see.

Fully agree !

bga

Post by bga » Wed May 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Thought you said above in your other post "time to move on"? Practice what you preach!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 24, 2017 8:37 pm

bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Thought you said above in your other post "time to move on"? Practice what you preach!
Fair enough.

Would've just been nice for him to acknowledge the fans in all this.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Wed May 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Fair enough.

Would've just been nice for him to acknowledge the fans in all this.

MG "Blown away" by fans Fundraising? Probably close to the acknowledgement you are looking for.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Let's put the past problem behind us, MOVE ON EVERYONE, get the funding moving up and give Martin Gray the best chance to get this club moving again, he has committed to the club which I always believed he would. Our best chance is with Martin Gray in charge.Let's give him the funding to do the job. Togetherness is a must we can do it.onward and upward with Darlington fc. :thumbup:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 pm

onewayup wrote:Let's put the past problem behind us, MOVE ON EVERYONE, get the funding moving up and give Martin Gray the best chance to get this club moving again, he has committed to the club which I always believed he would. Our best chance is with Martin Gray in charge.Let's give him the funding to do the job. Togetherness is a must we can do it.onward and upward with Darlington fc. Image
This....spot on.
exiled fan wrote:
Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Fully agree !

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed May 24, 2017 9:39 pm

I felt we were the laughing stock at the time. I remember seeing comments from other clubs supporters having a dig. Anyway he's apologised and we need to move on and I for one am pleased he's staying. Onwards and perhaps upwards!

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Thu May 25, 2017 6:14 am

The whole purpose of the artical is setout to be a general apology to the fans. He sets his stall out, explains his reasons, admits he got it wrong and that his comments were bore out of frustration. Everyone now wants to move on.

What do you want? Him to pop round each supports house.?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 25, 2017 6:36 am

onewayup wrote:Let's put the past problem behind us, MOVE ON EVERYONE, get the funding moving up and give Martin Gray the best chance to get this club moving again, he has committed to the club which I always believed he would. Our best chance is with Martin Gray in charge.Let's give him the funding to do the job. Togetherness is a must we can do it.onward and upward with Darlington fc. :thumbup:
Agreed - lets get the ground improvements funded to give the club the best chance of moving forwards again.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 25, 2017 9:33 am

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:The whole purpose of the artical is setout to be a general apology to the fans. He sets his stall out, explains his reasons, admits he got it wrong and that his comments were bore out of frustration. Everyone now wants to move on.

What do you want? Him to pop round each supports house.?

Agreed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 am

It's great news and I'm confident we are going to have another great season next year. Retaining the guys we have is just phenomenal news, after I'm sure we all, to greater or lesser extents, feared we would lose the core of the team a few weeks ago.

As an aside, I do think we need to be talking long term investment possibilities. We cannot keep asking fans to do this. Yes, brilliant if we get the stand built and then fund the budget another year.... but then we need the terrace at the other end and the budget the following year may need topping up.

It's great we have positive momentum, let's keep it up, have some positive ideas and build Darlo :thumbup:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 25, 2017 10:26 am

H1987 wrote:It's great news and I'm confident we are going to have another great season next year. Retaining the guys we have is just phenomenal news, after I'm sure we all, to greater or lesser extents, feared we would lose the core of the team a few weeks ago.

As an aside, I do think we need to be talking long term investment possibilities. We cannot keep asking fans to do this. Yes, brilliant if we get the stand built and then fund the budget another year.... but then we need the terrace at the other end and the budget the following year may need topping up.

It's great we have positive momentum, let's keep it up, have some positive ideas and build Darlo :thumbup:
Yes, John Tempest and Wayne Raper should be looking into investment options as time allows. Anyone who knows of anyone potentially interested should pass details straight over to them.

DC

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu May 25, 2017 11:43 am

They said in the statement that they are talking to investors though

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 pm

quakermass wrote:Nick I'm already looking forward to Bradford Park Avenue away! There's a great curry house 5 mins from the ground...£8.95 for four courses plus coffee.

excellent deal that.....but not sure a coffee would sit well on top of 8 pints of lager and a prawn vindaloo...

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Thu May 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
quakermass wrote:Nick I'm already looking forward to Bradford Park Avenue away! There's a great curry house 5 mins from the ground...£8.95 for four courses plus coffee.

excellent deal that.....but not sure a coffee would sit well on top of 8 pints of lager and a prawn vindaloo...
That Bradford Brewery "Odsal Top" is a tasty beverage

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri May 26, 2017 6:56 am

Over the moon he is staying, now we can all start looking forward to next season...

For me, what he said amounts to an apology, the man wears his heart on his sleeve and I believe his actions came out of total frustration, not being allowed to enter the play-offs being the big thing, now he has committed, lay the last few weeks to rest and get on with putting a team together to go on and challenge at the top again next season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk